superior race

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by pilpaX, Feb 12, 2003.

1. pilpaX amateur-science.com Registered Senior Member

Why people dont like the idea of super-humans(geneticly improved)? Lets forget the ethics. Stronger, smarter and more inteligent people are bad? Kind of accelerating the evolution of mankind.
    Maybe these super smart people are able figure out some unsolved science stuff.
    And maybe this is the only way to make people immortal, or live much longer.

just some thoughts, dont sue me

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Microzoft Registered Senior Member

How can anyone sue you? You are not a super-human, or are you?
    Nature has its imperfections from which we have learned what perfection is and can be.
    We have the strong and we have the weak. The intelligent and the no so intelligent, the ones that die young and the ones that die old. The ones with harmful instincts and the ones with instinctive goodness. The ones that think on themselves and those that don’t.

Because of the infinite spectrum of extremes and variety, the human life it’s interesting and challenging at the same time. It makes people of all walks of life to thrive for changes, to thrive for improvements and to thrive for excellences in such a short cycle.

Because of human imperfection there no way to create a sort of perfect super-human, it is just impossible. Instead, what will be possible is to create a super-human mirrored to our most common imperfections.

Understanding the second meaning of Human, that would not be a super-human at all.
    :m:

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. everneo Re-searcher Registered Senior Member

This thread name is misleading..u r talking about super human or superior race..? Came to the thread fearing some Hitler shit.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Slacker47 Paint it Black Registered Senior Member

People dont want superior humans because they know that they would be obsolete.

8. pilpaX amateur-science.com Registered Senior Member

well, Hitler didn't have gene tehnology(and time)
    If natural selection theory is right, then nowadays evolution(of people) is too slow.

can someone move this thread to "Biology & Genetics" I think it belongs to there

9. platzapS Registered Senior Member

I think every human has the right to reproduce, but yeah, intelligent/healthy people should be encouraged to have more kids.

10. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

intelligent people tend to have less children in western society, so in evolutionary terms they are real morons.

11. Shawn34m Registered Senior Member

I'm for super human as

long as they have super ethics. If every single person in America was smarter then Einstein, and all the other great minds combined, it would be of little use without compassion, and ethics. Super smart people without ethics or compassion are just more efficient killers.

12. Closet Philosopher Off to Laurentian University Registered Senior Member

Our society right now is based on the average age expactancy, and encompasses all levels of intelligence. If everyone was made intelligent, who would be pumping gas, or serving food... just a thought

13. Klaatu Registered Member

I think there's a problem with the whole concept of super-humans. What traits would you breed in (or splice in)?

100,000 years ago in equatorial Africa, malaria was a major problem. Natural selection produced some "super-humans" who had superior anti-malaria defenses due to the shape of their red blood cells. Their descendents, now living far from the malaria ridden jungles of their ancestors still carry the genetic coding for that defense mechanism. It causes sickle cell anemia.

What works in one environment doesn't always work in another.

14. SwedishFish Conspirator Registered Senior Member

intelligence is the downfall of the human race. they are parasitic and destroy every environment they have been introduced into. it's not like i'm against eating the stupid but more than intelligence has to be taken into account.

15. JoojooSpaceape Burn in hell Hippies Registered Senior Member

the reasons humans will slowly cease to evolve , unlike other creatures is because in reality we have no real weakness, we have evolved to an extreme level, sentient though, and thus we have the ability to change our environment instead of us changing to fit into it.

16. JoojooSpaceape Burn in hell Hippies Registered Senior Member

that is why Democracy doesnt work, however, a government based entirely on social class.. You would breed workers, and breed scietists, Free enterprise would probably be whiped out as well, it would be similiar to communism in a way

17. blankc Your superior Registered Senior Member

Well, we could increase the strength an intteligence of an ape for workers(or make stupider, stronger humans). Or machines. The greatest asset of humans is thier adaptability. If we were all twice as smart, but were fish, then we wouldn't be so great, it is our adaptable bodies, and minds that is our success. Whales aren't doing so great nowadays, but they probably have more raw 'brain-power' than us. Now if a super human had more features that increased it's adaptability, then it would probably out compete us, much as we did the neanderthal and cro-magnum(sp?).

18. Nasor Valued Senior Member

Oh please; our intelligence is the only thing that allows us to survive. Good luck trying to get along in the world without the cleverness to make and use tools.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2003
  19. ben nevis Registered Senior Member

No matter how super the superhumans become, they must eventually reach a point where further progression is no longer possible.

20. Dr Lou Natic Unnecessary Surgeon Registered Senior Member

Intelligent people can pump their own gas and get their own food. Society has made jobs FOR idiots as opposed to idiotic jobs just being there that need to be done by idiots. Intelligent people could make machines to do all the remedial tasks. If there were no idiots this would already be the case, I guarantee.

21. Empath The Shadow Protectorate Registered Senior Member

Why dont we grow super inteleget humans?
    Fear; in my opinion we are afraid that i by building super humans we will make ourselves obsolete, summoning our own extinction. i mean why continue making obsolete people when you could have smarter or stronger ones, this would divide our race, and even if there were only a few hundred genuises, who could stop them they would be able to out think us and out plan our every move.

~Empath(the Shadow Protectorate)

22. hotsexyangelprincess WMD Registered Senior Member

I thought you meant like a form of 'Patrons' for humanity. Did you ever read David Brin's Uplift Series. :m:

23. rexagan Registered Member

well said joojoo.

i suppose it's not so much a question of 'should we be creating superhumans?' rather than the fact that we have already begun creating them. pharmaceutical companies, organ transplants, augmentations, the next phase has already begun -- genetics (already implemented in foods we eat). as joojoo pointed out, we have been effectively thwarting our ability to evolve as quickly to our environment as quick as it is changing, thus forcing humans to eventually necessitate manipulating genetic info to survive. for instance, i suppose eventually (neighborhood of 100,000 to a couple of million years) we'll have to have genetically created a respiratory system that can breathe a vastly different array of chemicals to survive.