Hacking Solitare,Yes that lame ol S'O'L'I'T'A'R'E'...

Discussion in 'Computer Science & Culture' started by Rick, Feb 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rick Valued Senior Member

I found this interesting stuff over B0ilers New stuff.Marvellous!...
    DISCLAMER:YEH,YEH,YEH...I DONT INTEND TO USE THIS TUT FOR DAMM MONEY BLAH...BLAH..BLAH AND I DONT HOLD COPYRIGHTS OF THIS...THIS REALLY SUCKS...I THINK MODERATORS SHOULD ADD THIS STUFF ON ANY SUCH POST...

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Hacking Solitaire
    Written by b0iler for http://b0iler.eyeonsecurity.net

I have spent many hours playing this game known as solitaire, you may have heard of it. Well in those hours I have found a few interesting ways to cheat solitaire and ways to make it easier. I will share these tips and tricks with you because I am on a computer with no solitaire and am really bored. If you don't care how to play the game better just skip to Tip #4, it it a cheat for solitaire.

Tip #1 Options:

This one is for how you play the game, setting it up is a crucial way to save time and make less mistakes. Go to Game->Options...-> then under draw select Draw three, under scoring select Vegas and check all the checkboxes at the bottom. The outline dragging and keep score are the two important ones (of course status bar is needed). The reason why this helps is because you can use a cheat method discribed later with the scoring and the dragging outline really makes it easier to play. I would recomend to use the deck of cards with the house on the hill and bats who move. Why? because a depressing set of cards will make you play longer.

Tip #2 Using Cards:

There are three instances you should be aware of when playing your cards. The first is at the very beginning of the game, when you first get your cards delt to you. Click the deck of cards so that you get your first three cards before you start playing, this is just incase an ace is in those three.. you might have played a card which prevents you from getting to that ace. The next time you should concider your cards is when there is a single card with nothing under it which can be played onto another card. Do not move it until you get a king to put there. This is because you might run into a card to play on top of that other one which would lead to you getting a card you need, you can always play the card in the blank space at any time, so don't be in a rush.

Tip #3 Using Undo:

Undo is about the easiest way to cheat solitaire. Of course you could only use undo when you sincerly made a mistake.. or you could use it to make better decisions. When you can ether play a card from the three up top or play a card from the game always play the card from the top first. See what is under it and if it is not a card you need just go to Game->Undo and play the card from the game instead.

Tip #4 Strait Up Cheating:

This is the method which kicks the most ass, no more tips.. this is 100% cheating. What is done is we lose so much that the Score counter starts over into the positives. So don't even play, just keep starting new games which will cause you to lose $54 a game. Game->Deal is how to start a new game, but to make things faster hold control and press G then press D. At around -$32,000 your score will rollover to around $32,000. Now you can impress your friends.. concidering that they are _impressed_ about someone wasting enough time on solitaire to gain $30,000+. This cheat has been tested on win98, on any other version it might not work.

Freecell registery cheat

Now to cheat freecell, this requires alittle registry editting. Since freecell keeps the statistics in the registry we can edit them easily. Go to start->run> type in: regedit->go to: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Applets\FreeCell-> set these values:

losses : 00 00 00 00
    lost : 00 00 00 00
    stype : 01 00 00 00
    streak : 99 99 00 00
    wins : 99 99 00 00
    won : 99 99 00 00

pretty self explainitory: stype is set to 00 00 00 00 for losses and 01 00 00 00 for wins.

Linux (gnome) Freecell cheat

Simply go to ~/.gnome/freecell (or find / -iname "freecell") and change the [score] values to whatever you want. here is an example of my freecell config file:

user@linux:~/.gnome> cat freecell

[Placement]
    Dock=Toolbar\\0,1,0,1\\Menubar\\0,0,0,0

[score]
    win_number=99
    lose_number=0
    streaks_win_number=99
    streaks_lose_number=0
    streaks_current=99

[option]
    inform_invalid_move=0
    move_one_by_one=0

If you don't know how to play freecell and you enjoy solitaire I'd suggest you learn. It's a blast.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Mystech Adult Supervision Required Registered Senior Member

Haha, why would anyone want to cheat at a game that you play by yourself? Sort of defeats the purpose of playing the game in the first plase, doesn't it?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. valentino Registered Senior Member

I can't conceive of any situation where a friggin' high solitaire score will impress anyone...tetris on the other hand...

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Firefly Registered Senior Member

I have a friend who plays it all the time, and I rarely win with 3 cards, or on Vegas scoring, so I might try it and take a screen cap and send it to her. That will give her something to aim for!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.