Duke Nukem

Discussion in 'Computer Science & Culture' started by notme2000, Jan 31, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. notme2000 The Art Of Fact Registered Senior Member

I was playing Unreal Tournament 2003 a couple days ago and a remake of a Duke Nukem level came up, complete with old-school textures. Made me really nostalgic for simpler times. Any one else here old-school Nukem players? A few of my buddies and I used to play modem games. I used to make the coolest levels for that game too.

While on the subject, anyone heard any news on Duke Nukem Forever?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Spector anti-nectar-reflector Registered Senior Member

Yeah, Duke Nukem was the greatest! Is the Unreal level as good as Duke itself? I find UNreal to be a bit too different in the first place, but what do you think? When Duke forever comes out you'll have to make some levels for it, your other ones were so killer! I wonder if our computers will be able to handle it by the time it comes out?... well... IF it ever comes out..

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. notme2000 The Art Of Fact Registered Senior Member

Ya, and it's got perfect camping spots, which most Unreal levels discourage. But I like flushing out campers

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

I've tried with Unreal and Half-Life. I'm no good at the X-Y-Z dimensional editing. Give me Build any day.
    Because they've taken sucha long time I think the graphix are actually gunna be a little out-dated. If Unreal Tournament 2003 can run on your comp, DN4 should definately work. But I don't know this for sure.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Xelios We're setting you adrift idiot Registered Senior Member

I used to play the old Duke Nukem all the time, the 2D one where the gun shot this little squiggly line of a laser =P Fun game that was, course this was back when all I had was Win 3.1

8. Spector anti-nectar-reflector Registered Senior Member

Windows 3.1.... I don't think I'll ever stop appreciating windows xp. Say what you want about windows xp... but it makes me feel warm inside when my computer doesn't crash while opening... um.. anything...

9. notme2000 The Art Of Fact Registered Senior Member

And it kills me inside. Microsoft is so evil. And yet I love XP so much... Ah the inner quarrels :bugeye:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.