Is chicken fattening?

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by notPresidentAndrew, Jan 29, 2003.

1. notPresidentAndrew Banned Banned

Does regular chicken contain fat? I know fried chicken does because of the grease it is fried in, but what about the poultry alone?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. pumpkinsaren'torange Registered Senior Member

all mammals have adipose tissue in them. that includes chickens.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Cog Registered Member

Choke this chicken!

However, the fat is not evenly distributed across the chicken. Some parts (the breast for example) are very low in fat compared to the rest of the chicken.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. NenarTronian Teenaged Transhumanist Registered Senior Member

i'd say that pound for pound, chicken contains more protein than beef, and less fat. Am i wrong in assuming this?

8. HarmonyStar Harmony the Star Registered Senior Member

Hello, it is Harmony the Star here

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

I have lots to say about a lot of things. You'll start to notice this all too soon me thinks.

Let's get some facts on chicken (I am very into health, nutrition & diets (healthy eating)) So here goes:

Per 100 Grams of Eddible meat (not including bones)
    raw chicken: breast (white meat) with skin has 170 calories or 710 kilojoules and 10 grams of fat.
    raw chicken with no skin has: 110 calories or 460 kilojoules and only 2.5 grams of fat.

It's better to either grill chicken or bake it - but don't add any fat. And don't eat chicken with SKIN. For instance, 100g of roasted chicken skin has 2050 kilojoules and 48 grams of fat!

My diet consists of only 5000 kilojoules of energy per day and a maximum of 15 grams of fat

And I am very active...

I would like to be a vegetarian, but I eat a bit of chicken per week as it's a good source of protein, given that I don't have red meat. Now meat is pretty fattening,.. but that's another post lol

9. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

LOL, I didn't know chickens were mammals? From the beak, feathers, lung sacks, gullet, wings, scaled feet, and nucleated red blood cells I could have sworn chickens were Avians, But don’t ask me I’m just a guy and according to you men don’t know anything!

10. pumpkinsaren'torange Registered Senior Member

aw...you knew what i meant, you little bugger, you. ya know...i think i'm starting to like you....

11. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

The feeling is mutual!

I have a place for FemiNazis (or maybe perverted guys that like to play women on the net) deep in my @$$ that is...

12. pumpkinsaren'torange Registered Senior Member

wait..:bugeye: are you saying you are not a guy? and, btw....birds don't suckle their young.

guess you told me a thing or 3, eh?

13. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

what? I don't get what you just said... any of it!? could you be a idiot?

14. pumpkinsaren'torange Registered Senior Member

idiot?

well, i could be, but...as you well understand..it takes one to know one. that kinda thing...ya know...

and, fyi...i was trying to make nice and be your friend, but, it seems you don't want that, so i will quit trying. pardon me for attempting friendship. jeeesh.

about your post before mine, what i THOUGHT YOU were assuming was that i AM not a female. and, that's where you'd be wrong...i guess i assumed you were starting some kind of rumor about me not being a female, probably because i enjoy science and maybe that bugs you.... in your little biased mind, probably only males can enjoy/understand the concepts of biology. whatever. just nevermind. and, again...pardon me for trying to be friends. i guess our chemistry just doesn't mix. (no pun intended)

15. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

No its just I know from experience that people that go around the net proclaiming their gender as female rarely are.
    You had said some comments about men that I found very offensive so maybe you should look at your self as “bias” Besides that I have nothing against you

16. pumpkinsaren'torange Registered Senior Member

i have never said negative things on this board about males...contrary to what you've just said, i have stated just the opposite, i love males. i prefer them to females...i get along much better with males. i don't get where you are coming from. but, just to set the record straight i am ALL female. i love a good, stiff penis in my god-given vagina. show me my derogatory statements concerning men ...will you? and, you had better lay off the rumors, right now. if you would like to come to iowa and meet me, you will see that i am a woman, you can even phone me. but, i don't feel i need to prove this anymore. p.s. let me know, i will give you a call on the phone and whisper sweet nothings in your ear...

stop with the rumors.

17. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

Thats the one that pissed me off... now come on no one gave a dam to begin with!

18. pumpkinsaren'torange Registered Senior Member