Voting for Moderator

Discussion in 'Computer Science & Culture' started by wet1, Jan 28, 2003.

?

Vote for your choice for moderator position:

Poll closed Feb 4, 2003.
  1. Clarentavious

10 vote(s)
    28.6%
  2. CounslerCoffee

10 vote(s)
    28.6%
  3. Stryderunknown

16 vote(s)
    45.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

The above candidates have been nominated for the position of moderator of this forum.

Please vote for the candidate of your preference...

Candidates may attach their campaign speeches to this thread. At present the poll is open for 7 days. This may change at Porfiry's wish.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Rick Valued Senior Member

Mine is the First Vote!.I gave it to Strydie...!!

Enjoy.

bye!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. spookz Banned Banned

Things Go Better with Stryder.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Clarentavious Person Registered Senior Member

Yikes, looks like I am getting my butt kicked. Ah, but what's life without a little friendly competition, eh?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Actually, I think Thed should be in place of CounselorCoffee. Counselor is already a moderator on the SciFi board, and Thed knows a TON about PCs (just as his tag IT Gopher would indicate).

I guess we'll all have to make a campaign speech.

8. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

I have noticed that campaign speeches do make a difference. Prior to the speach, votes tend to go in one direction. After the speach even the lead candidate will feel the pinch to make one as he loses ground to those that have. I usually wait to make my vote later so that I may see them.

9. spookz Banned Banned

coffee what are your qualifications?
    how does your tech ability compare to stryder? or claren? if not up to par, you are doing us a disservice by running!

i want to have a "ask an expert" right here in sciforums!

10. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

always supporting my friends :m:
    voted for you , Stryder

11. notPresidentAndrew Banned Banned

*cough*Clarentavious supports Green World*cough*

12. notPresidentAndrew Banned Banned

What's to keep one of the nominee's from creating several new accounts and then just using them to vote for themselves?

13. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

hey what happened to pine_net?

14. Porfiry Nomad Registered Senior Member

What's to stop them? Well, for one thing, votes are not anonymous (to me). It'd be pretty obvious to me if ballot stuffing were going on.

15. NightFall Lazy Hedonist Valued Senior Member

my vote goes to clarentavious.

he's saved my computer from near death expiriences more times than i can count.

even when i had to have him send me digi pics to figure out what i was supposed to put where.

16. NightFall Lazy Hedonist Valued Senior Member

.. porfiry.. i suddenly feel like you've been staring in my top drawer. lol.

17. notPresidentAndrew Banned Banned

Who is the main guy at this site? Is it you, Porify? What is the heirarchy of the administration? Please explain.

18. notPresidentAndrew Banned Banned

When does the poll stop?

19. NightFall Lazy Hedonist Valued Senior Member

Porfiry = SciGod

EDIT: added: scroll to the bottom of page. you'll see a black strip containing the text:
    Dave is Porfiry.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2003
  20. notPresidentAndrew Banned Banned

Not copyrighted for 2003 yet?... (begins his evil plots)...

21. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

I attached my "campaign speech to the other thread"... oops...

Actually it wasn't really a campaign speech, just some backgrounding.

What should be analysed other than just backgrounding is what the "Position" holds.

It's all very well to know a subject, but the "position" is also about keeping things in some sort of order and stopping chaos from envelishing it with it's entropathic charms.

This means following rulesets, Which means I'm going to have to look at the Preverbial Stone Tablet that Porfiry's etched rules into to get the fundementals squared away.

My personal understanding of "rules", although these are not cast in stone but are Dynamical rulesets are based on how I feel things can be done. By all means you can add or discuss them (even if I don't get choosen).

I would/will try to maintain the topic direction.

I either have an Indifferent or favourtised view of people on this board. (I don't hate any of you, afterall each and everyone of you is what makes up this board. If you weren't here, then it would be a very empty place.)

I mention this because I'm not going to try and ban someone from posting because I just don't like them. I'm sure too that any potential Banee's I would have to tell Porfiry of my concerns, But hopefully such unfortunate events will not come to pass.

On Censorship, I wouldn't want the world to be filled with hate. This doesn't mean I'm going to hug a tree now, it just means that I would try to deal with issues as they arrive (Again with regards to Porfiry's wishes)

I will try and apply relevant source material for topics (which is a bit more than I do now) and be helpful where I can.

Lastly, If I ever get any money up (Eventually... hopefully...), then I'm considering to ask Porfiry If I could become a shareholder of his board

(There!, I announced that to the Board. That isn't based on if I get this position either, just a statement I wanted to make and hope eventually to back.)

22. NightFall Lazy Hedonist Valued Senior Member

ah! see! he's trying to take over.. the next thing you know we'll find porf kidnapped and held ransom for sciforums from and inside conspiriacy. heheeheheh.. (j/k stryder).. aahhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!

vote clarentavious

this ad paid for by the elect clarentavious committee.
    wait a minute.. i dont get paid..... hey..!!

23. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

Lol Nightfall.

I'm not trying to take over, Simply I feel that Porfiry suffers the same as me when it comes to money.

(I have some ideas for "additions" but the changes wouldn't effect sciforums board at all. Although it's hush hush and at Porfiry's discression for when he comes to that secret meeting.. Mwhahaha! J/k)

I have no intension of boosting Porfiry from his position.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.