My New Multiplayer Drug..

Discussion in 'Computer Science & Culture' started by UberDragon, Jan 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UberDragon The Freak at the Computer Registered Senior Member

Oh MY GOD!! Yesterday, I downloaded the demo for EA's MMORPG, Earth and Beyond. Once I got it up and running, my jaw was bolted to the floor. This game is massive!!! It is pretty complex too! you can customize your ship down to the colors on the engines, be an explorer, trader, or just fly around blowing shit up. It rocks. The storyline is along the lines of Morrowind, I guess. YOu can follow it if you want but you don't have to. If anyone has played this, please help me tell them that it kicks ass!! After this, comes SWG!!!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Emfuser Registered Senior Member

DON'T SIGN UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got suckered into EnB awhile ago and eventually found the game to be very disappointing. The game is shallow and lacking in content, the player universe is small (I know it seems huge at first, but it's not, you can fly from one end to the other in ~25 min with a decent engine), and it quickly turns into mindless leveling in an overcrowded game. RUN AWAY WHILE YOU STILL CAN!!!

check out http://www.eve-online.com
    EVE will OWN EnB because it has much more depth, a HUGE player universe, and no artificial rules or mindless leveling. I've already joined a corp for EVE and know many beta testers, they say this game is unbelievable.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Balder1 Registered Senior Member

I've been playing the ultimate nerd multiplayer games. MUDs, MUSHes and the like. Completely text. Trying to break my addiction now though...

If you want to check them out, www.mudconnector.com is a good place to start.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Xelios We're setting you adrift idiot Registered Senior Member

Emfuser, thank god for you! I've been looking for a game just like this for months now, and I've finally found it!!! I can't wait until this comes out, it looks awesome. BTW, any links to this corp you've joined? Maybe I could slip in with you guys =)

8. UberDragon The Freak at the Computer Registered Senior Member

Dammit, I can't sign up for beta cause i'm not 18!! I'll just have to wait for the retail. That pisses me off, especially after seeing some of those videos. EVE is gonna chew up and shit out EnB.

9. Xelios We're setting you adrift idiot Registered Senior Member

I know, it looks awesome. Only drawback is the monthly fee, but oh well =P

10. Emfuser Registered Senior Member

Glad to see I saved some people from EnB... what a shitty game that turned out to be.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

11. Xelios We're setting you adrift idiot Registered Senior Member

I've heard bad things about EnB from all over the place, must be a really bad game =P

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.