Dire needs have forced me to post here!

Discussion in 'Computer Science & Culture' started by %BlueSoulRobot%, Jan 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. %BlueSoulRobot% Copyright! Copyright!! Registered Senior Member

The entire menu bar at the top of my Corel Photo-Paint 7 has disappeared! I really need it back. Strangely, the File button is still there, but the rest have fallen off the edge of the world!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Please help if you can, thanks.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Adam §Þ@ç€ MØnk€¥ Registered Senior Member

I don't have that, but... Tried right-clicking around the top there to bring up various menus?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. %BlueSoulRobot% Copyright! Copyright!! Registered Senior Member

I tried that, and nothing happened except my growing frantic-ness.

I also opened all available toolbars, but none of them were right.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. spookz Banned Banned

finders keepers
    losers weepers

8. CounslerCoffee Registered Senior Member

Why are you using that piece of crap program? Get photoshop...

9. Xelios We're setting you adrift idiot Registered Senior Member

Yes, Photoshop does own PSP. Junk it and get PS 6 =)

10. %BlueSoulRobot% Copyright! Copyright!! Registered Senior Member

I use them both, but Corel is required by some CG assignments, and Adobe on others. Pretty damn stupid, since they are both of the same background and produce results to the same degree. But the teacher knows, since they are part of the in-class work.

You stole it, didn't you?! :bugeye: DIDN'T YOU?!!?!

*edit* Woohoo, post count is now at my date of birth! I will now progress towards the future!

11. Clarentavious Person Registered Senior Member

Check your View menu

12. %BlueSoulRobot% Copyright! Copyright!! Registered Senior Member

(The View button was one of the many that was in the menu bar that has disappeared)

13. Thor "Pfft, Rebel scum!" Valued Senior Member

She did say that only file had stayed :bugeye:

Try the old uninstall then reinstall routine

14. wesmorris Nerd Overlord - we(s):1 of N Valued Senior Member

what thor said. that'll whip it into shape.

15. Thor "Pfft, Rebel scum!" Valued Senior Member

Sometimes, I've seen this with Word, the settings will be saved onto a file on your puter. Where this file is, no-one knows!!

So when you reinstall it, it may be the same. I had to format my PC

16. wesmorris Nerd Overlord - we(s):1 of N Valued Senior Member

Actually I think the pertinent info is in the registry or config files for the app. If it dissappears in an office product you can use VBA code to bring it back. I've used code to make the file menu dissappear and reappear. It was that I didn't want users of some delicate data to be changing junk, so I just made the power to do so go away! VBA (the visual basic package embedded in office apps) rocks. Gives you much power over office.

17. Thor "Pfft, Rebel scum!" Valued Senior Member

Oh man, I am so sick of Visual Basic!!

18. %BlueSoulRobot% Copyright! Copyright!! Registered Senior Member

Oh, could you tell me how to edit the registry thing, Wes? I think that might work. As for reinstalling, I'll use it as a second-to-last resort, because it's an old version and I'm probably better off downloading the newer v. Plus, I got the prog off a friend of a friend. I don't know if I should bother her...

19. wesmorris Nerd Overlord - we(s):1 of N Valued Senior Member

you know, I have this thing where I forget that you can't tell my tone of voice over the internet. *bangs head chanting "stupid, stupid, stupid.... etc.* the thing is I'm not sure where it is. I have corel 10 and looked through the registry breifly but didn't see a key that looked like it was the right one. therefore it's gonna take me a (potentially very long) while to figure it out and well, I'm just somewhat unmotivated due to being a slackass and doing shit like typing this post and whatnot. it likely could be done quite easily with code... and I'm not sure, did 7 have VB support?

the command is at work (I'll be there tomorrow and can look it up) but it was something like: application.filemenu.enabled = true or maybe it was application.filemenu.visible = true. whatever it was it's something simple like that. the problem is the syntax. I'm not sure if that command addresses the correct property or not. I'll look it up at work tomorrow if you'd like.

20. %BlueSoulRobot% Copyright! Copyright!! Registered Senior Member

"did 7 have VB support?"
    Nooo idea.

As for the code, is it safe for a technical-amoeba like me to play around with? I don't want to press any red buttons that say "Do not press". Or maybe I do, dunno. But if you could find it and explain it so there is absolutely no way for me to mess up, I'd greatly appreciate, Mister.

21. wesmorris Nerd Overlord - we(s):1 of N Valued Senior Member

don't you have a geek friend to help you there? everyone has a computer nerd friend right

22. wesmorris Nerd Overlord - we(s):1 of N Valued Senior Member

well, it's prolly not a good idea to mess with it if you aren't confident you can fix it. I'm sure I could if I was there, cuz I'd bring the disk with me just in case. the simplest solution if you don't have a live computer geek on staff is to schmooz your friend for a copy of the disk or somethiing. for chrissake one of your friends has to have a friend who can get a copy of a coreldraw package 7 or later.... you can do it. employ your social skillz.

23. %BlueSoulRobot% Copyright! Copyright!! Registered Senior Member

I am the nerdy computer friend, lol

...Wow, that's extremely sad.

Yeah, if a plausible idiot-proof solution doesn't come along any time soon, I think I will have to bargain around for a friend with Corel. *arms herself with cookies* Let the hunt begin.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.