dissabled by the gov

Discussion in 'Science & Society' started by muggz42, Jan 17, 2003.

1. muggz42 Registered Member

i'm 26 dissabled.with a pre diagnosed disease you can not buy insurance . i'm lucky that i have insurance, two years ago my chrones disease took over my health. i was un able to work, eat, and got to the point i could not drink water. i went to the hospital different times for emergency visits. never fully healed and pumped up with antiboitics , steriods,and sent home . the only one to benifit was the hospital. bills were the only acomplishments i gained. finally i get some help from a generous specailist i'm able to keep my weight. i wish i could excell and gain weight. my teeth are rotting away, my insurance will cover taking them out but nothing for putting anything back to replace them. one other hinderance is not beeing able to chew food, very important to me cause mt body has a hard time breaking things down so i'm never getting the proper amount of food. so what do i do . i work , i loose my insurance. my insurancewill not putt teeth in my mouth. and i don't think i'm going to win the lottery any time soon. should i move up north to the big c?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

they give 566.00 a month to live on. before i was sick i made 2200.00 in a week take home.how do they expect any one to survive on this amount?

Last edited: Jan 17, 2003
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. pumpkinsaren'torange Registered Senior Member

i am so sorry for you, Muggz

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

unfortunately you are one more example/statistic of why we NEED socialized medicine in the States. (you are in the states, right?)

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. CounslerCoffee Registered Senior Member

I do. Get used to it.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. muggz42 Registered Member

latte mocha

are you healthy? and can you perform all your basic needs? you act like it is no big deal who do you know that could provide all needed to live on 566 a month? if so were? smart ass! i would not wish this upon my worst enemy. if you passed a stone before then you have a slight understanding of the pain i live in daily. constant .not a little bit here and there, all day every day. let allone the stress of not knowing how i'm going to get healthy again. teeth are not cheap. try 16,000 to 24,000. how the f*&$ am i going to come up with money like that. i have to hustle up to get lactaid free milk and protein shakes to eat. i can't eat normal foods.food banks don't give that out. i take donations and the gov taxes that out of my check for next month. sound healthy and fun to you? :bugeye:

8. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

muggz42,

Calm down. I'm sure CounslerCoffee doesn't understand what are you passing through.

How did you get those health problems? While working? Can't you sue who did that? I'm pretty sure there are laws that provide benifits for work accidents. And if you can't afford a lawyer, maybe there are lawyers that are payed by the government to help people like you...? At least in Brazil (my country), there are...

9. muggz42 Registered Member

with my hand out

my sickness apparently is genetic. my mother has the same illness. i went an had a counciltation with my teeth they want 30,000 to put implants in my mouth. how the hell can any one normal afford this amount.:bugeye:

10. Eman Resu Registered Senior Member

One cannot in this world .. work on your soul and consume only the purest of consumables ... Hulda Clarke is a start. She's been labeled a quack (we'll hear about shortly) but she does make sense - purify the body and let it do it's work ...

11. Q25 Registered Senior Member

Re: with my hand out

I wouldn't recomend implants,they dont last very long,10 years at the most,even if you were perfectly healthy,at least thats what my dentist said.

12. youngbiologist Registered Senior Member

hmm

After reading your post I read up on crohns disease and I have a few questions. What part of your intestinal track seems to be getting inflamed, and are you on any of the mediation designed for treating crohns disease? If not, then why not? Still, as dibilitating as it is it COULD be worse. You could have a disease that nobody even knows about, hence something that would be to hard to fix for the pharmaceutical companies to try to do research on. Personally, I'd suggest trying the latest crohns mediation and waiting for science to come closer to a cure. Also, in anticipation of when you ARE cured I'd suggest trying to find some career that you might be able to train for in your situation, so that once you can go back to work you have a good set of work skills. Think of it this way, having crohns disease right when the biological sciences are going through a new revolution is a much better place to be then to have had crohns disease any other time in history....

13. pfcgrogan Registered Member

hm........