VIrus alert. ....P{LEASE HELP ME~|!!!

Discussion in 'Computer Science & Culture' started by Xerxes, Jan 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xerxes asdfghjkl Valued Senior Member

I have a bug on my comp. Norton anti virus called it Nmidia.32.enc or something like that. It's been attacking things like msn explorer (go virus!) or some other more useful things with the extension .eml. I've downloaded all these updates, yet it they do nothing. The virus keeps rearing its ugly head again and again.

Please help me kill it!!!

(BTW, it hasn't really disrupted my comp in any way I can think of. But I don't like viruses either way)

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Jaxom Tau Zero Registered Senior Member

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Xelios We're setting you adrift idiot Registered Senior Member

I've had problems with both Norton and McAfee, to the point where I don't bother to install them anymore. I just run antivirus programs that you can download off the internet, they tend to do a better job most of the time.

Nimda is such a cool name for a virus though =D But yeah, running a different antivirus program should get rid of it, or try searching google for this virus, might find a small .exe file that will get rid of it (that's what I did with the worm I found on my computer).

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Xerxes asdfghjkl Valued Senior Member

Thanks Guys!

sigh...in a perfect world there wouldn't be any viruses. Such makes killing this virus all the more gratifying.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.