Lying!

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by susan, Jan 12, 2003.

1. susan Registered Senior Member

I am here today to learn about Lying!

what can anyone tell me?
    ever lied? ever been lied to?
    how to spot a lie? how to lie when in a tight spot?
    what to do with lying friend? what to do with lying lover?

what about cover-ups?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. New Life Registered Senior Member

Lying is generally considered a bad thing to do, but it seems that everyone does it, sometimes without even realizing they're lying!

The most effective way to lie without being caught is if you can actually convince yourself that you're telling the truth! however I dont recommend it because you will eventually lose your true past.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Xev Registered Senior Member

Lying is when people tell Susan that she is not extremely annoying.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. susan Registered Senior Member

yeah!

thanks xev!

8. Bebelina kospla.com Valued Senior Member

Lying lovers? Kill them.

9. EvilPoet I am what I am Registered Senior Member

The Shepherd Boy and The Wolf

An Aesop Fable

A shepherd boy, who tended his flock not far from a village, used to amuse himself at times
    by crying out "Wolf! Wolf!" His trick succeeded two or three times, and the whole village came
    running to his rescue. However, the villagers were simply rewarded with laughter for their pains.
    One day the wolf really did come, and the boy cried out in ernest. But his neighbors thought that
    he was up to his old tricks and paid no attention to his cries. Consequently, the sheep were left
    at the mercy of the wolf.

Even when liars tell the truth, they are never believed.

10. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

Lying is too much of a hassel. At some point you will have to cover tracks and seam one lie to the next. It is usually where liars get caught. Far easier it is to remember the way it is.

11. ndrs The Anti-Cthulhu Registered Senior Member

That is so pathetic...

12. The Marquis Only want the best for Nigel Valued Senior Member

On both counts... lovers who lie (weakness), and wanting to kill them (neediness and possessiveness).

13. spookz Banned Banned

were you born yesterday?
    stick to free thoughts woman!
    not everything a human does qualifies as a science

14. susan Registered Senior Member

no

no, buddy, this is pop psychology!

15. Bebelina kospla.com Valued Senior Member

It was meant as a joke, but I guess that wasn't obvious since I forgot the smilie...how horrible, it will never happen again.

16. Bebelina kospla.com Valued Senior Member

Btw, lying is a science too. There are signs that can reveal a liar immediately to the trained eye and ear.

17. Nebuchadnezzaar Registered Senior Member

an extract taken from "Roger-Pol Droit's" book "101 experiments in the Philosophy of everyday life." I love this book it's full of wonnderful insights.

"No. 27 Invent lives for yourself

Duration a few months

Props none

Effect disturbing

You only live once, as they say here. Others, elsewhere, will assure you that you have alrady lived out several previous lives. No matter. You can multiply your own lives yourself, and feel them proliferating. To do so you need to carry out a relatively long, and fairly demanding experiment, but whose effects are well worth the effort.
    During a period of several week, try systematically inventing lives for yourself. Tell your new barber you were a taxi-driver in Detroit before you delivered pizzas in New York. Recount your years of teaching in Australia to a distant cousin.
    Do it properly, don't just tinker. Recount the same stories several times. Spice up the anecdotes, add new details, fill in the blanks and eliminate implausabilities. If need be, take notes, fill out cards, do research. Persevere.
    After a few months, you'll be familiar with each of these alternate lives. You'll have answered a lot of questions, and explained a good deal.....Above all you'll have have implanted your fabrications into the minds of people who believe what you've told them, and who will pass them on to others in the version you made up for them. They believe it.

Why don't you? The point you need to reach is when you start to doubt whether it's all false, and when you can't quite tell what belongs to fiction and what to your real life. Or when- it comes to the same thing- you can admit to yourself(without forcing or sudden delirium) that what you used to consider as your "true life" is really, in fact, just one fiction among others. No more, no less."

lies are just a part of life.

18. Bebelina kospla.com Valued Senior Member

So you are trying to push for the "living a lie" concept?

19. Nebuchadnezzaar Registered Senior Member

i don't push people to do things, I raised a point for open discussion, I found it interesting and worth reading, hope you did too.

20. New Life Registered Senior Member

Interesting point (about making up alternative lives) and a path I took for many years. You need to have a solid reason to do it tho, not just for the sake of lying.......if you're doing it to try and forget somthing you almost need to take it to the point where the 'real' becomes the 'fiction' which brings me to the question.......when SHOULD someone lie? should they at all?

21. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

I am really am a fetus and I live in the 4th circle of hell

22. Coldrake Registered Senior Member

I'd be lying if I told you the truth about lying. And that's the truth.