Stargate SG1 or Farscape?

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by Alien Mastermind, Dec 30, 2002.

1. Alien Mastermind Registered Senior Member

Which sci-fi show do you like more: Stargate SG1 or Farscape?

I know some people with obvious answers to this question, but I treally want to know how popular these shows are at sciforums.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Thor "Pfft, Rebel scum!" Valued Senior Member

Stargate!! Wooyeah!!

awooo, I like Stargate better because it has -

A) Better Stories
    B) Modern Day stuff mixed with a lil old and a lil future
    C) It has guns!!!
    D) Better acting
    E) Richard Dean Anderson is hot!! I mean, a good actor
    F) It's so damn cool!!

Thor Out

Wooyeah!!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. CounslerCoffee Registered Senior Member

Your wrong on that point. If you watch stargate none of the other shows really relate to each other, if something happens one week everybody is suddenly over it on the next. On farscape if something happens one week the characters are still dealing with it the next.

Farscape is about a modern day man stuck in another part of the universe.

And farscape has pulse pistols and commandos.

None of these actors on stargate have won a Hugo or a Saturn award. Also, the show has never been nominated for an emmy. Farscapes Ben Browder won a Sataurn award for best actor, Claudia black won a saturn award for Best Actress. Farscape won a saturn and a Hugo for best scifi series. Stargate hasnt won anything. Also recently Guy Gross won an award for best television original music, something like that.

Also:

I dont see any stupid SG1 characters on there.

Also:

"... by far the best and most inventive SF TV show on the air at the moment ... Farscape has once again surpassed anyone's wildest hopes and expectations ..." - DREAMWATCH

"Sly comedy... ...genuine drama... ...an original vision."
    - NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

"... the most irreverent, unpredictable, sexy, intelligent and exciting sci fi show on TV ... incredible chemistry ... some of the most vivid and compelling fantasy creatures ever created ... a joy to watch ..."
    - TV GUIDE

Your just angry because farscape has critical aclaim. So why did it get canceled? Low ratings. People dont like TV that makes them think.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Thor "Pfft, Rebel scum!" Valued Senior Member

Critical acclaim means nothing in the shallow world of todays media. I would have expected more of a fight from you Counsler

That makes it a soap opera which means Bad music, bad acting, bad stories so meh!!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

And Stargate is about mankind securing its place in the stars

Whoopie f*cking do!! Nothing beats an FN-P90 firing high velocity rounds against a unit of jaffa warriors

That was deserved. He is a good actor and deserves more attention. He is the only reason why I watch that show now

She is a terrible, terrible actor

The emmy is like the lowest of the low. Thats like winning employee of the week at McDonalds

Not surprising. Have you seen what other things have one. It proves to some point that its fixed!!

I'm not denying that John Cricton isn't a good character. He is!! I'm just saying that Stargate is a better show. We're not talking about the actors. The show!! Dammit THE SHOW!!

8. Pollux V Ra Bless America Registered Senior Member

Farscape kickz azz

EARTH TO THOR: Are you insane???? What's happened to thor, bring him back you mangled demon! Claudia kickz azz, major major major azz as an actor. I mean, come on, you must be BLIND and DRUNK and LACKING IN ARTISTIC INTERPRETIVE SKILLS.

Anyhoo,

Have you seen LotR yet? Eh? Eh? Ya coward!!

9. Thor "Pfft, Rebel scum!" Valued Senior Member

Nope, I just know she's a terrible actor. I have eyes!!

My media teacher taught us about what amde a good show good and what made good actors good. And my almost unique view on things makes my opinion count

I mean, come on, you must be BLIND and DRUNK and LACKING IN ARTISTIC INTERPRETIVE SKILLS

Not yet. I was at the cinema the other night and my g/f and I couldn't find anything to watch so I mentioned LotR and she literally shuddered. So no, not gonna see it anytime soon

Awooo, welcome back

10. Clockwood You Forgot Poland Registered Senior Member

Stargate thoug farscape is fun as well. GO REPLICATORS!!!

11. CounslerCoffee Registered Senior Member

Your teacher is full of snot.

Farscape has a better plot line if thats what were talking about. John Crichton is a stranger in a strange land. His home is Earth. But for the last three years he's been living on a ship full of exscaped prisnors, his friends. He no longer knows where his home is. So what should he do? Where should he go?

Heres a funny little thing. The original title of the show was Space Chase.

12. Thor "Pfft, Rebel scum!" Valued Senior Member

If everyone was taught the same way this world would be a better place

Like a Space Robinson Cruesoe....been done before!!!

Pitch up to the nearest planet, build a farm and raise space cows with his seven breasted wife

13. seesaw Registered Senior Member

I have to say Farscape because the aliens are awesome. I think Stargate is a great show but IMO Farscape has a better story. And with people like Ben Browder, and Claudia black the show is always interesting.

14. CounslerCoffee Registered Senior Member

Its not like that. He's actually got people to talk to for one. And another Robinson Cruesoe is a big bag full of snot, just like your teacher.

I can easily see how StarGate is a rip off of Sliders. Jumping through a portal and going to another world/dimension. Even one episode revolved around this idea.

Also I find many similarities between the replicators (which turned out to be nothing more then a child's play thing) and the Borg. The Asguard actually remind me of the Nox who are on StarGate also, but they look a lot like those aliens that on star trek that one time... And act like them to.

Some of the episodes are poorly, and I mean poorly written. And anybody who says that this last season was there favorite season is full of snot.

They always seem to live through everything, Farscape is very realistic, many great characters have died.

Everyone on SG1 seems to speak English. As for Farscape they have translator microbs. They don't always work and some of the aliens just give john a weird look when he references some pop culture thingy.

Oh and Thor, another thing. Jim Henson kicks ass. So the aliens are always better looking and more elaborate.

15. Alien Mastermind Registered Senior Member

:bugeye: Think again: http://www.mgm.com/stargate/home/news/index.html

Your wrong. Some important characters did die. Maybe you just don't watch it that often.

Try to imagine how it would be if all the different species would speak different languages. Also, only the humans from other worlds actually speak English. All other aliens speak different languages; its because they are highly advanced/intelligent that they learn to speak English in a relatively short period of time. (recall the episode with the Nox http://www.mgm.com/stargate/home/episodes/s1.html )

16. CounslerCoffee Registered Senior Member

I doubt that they win those awards. I will be watching via live internet feed. Oh and gemini's are really really stupid. Farscape's still got more awards.

Here il give it one more.

StarGate wins Counselor Coffee's award for suckiness.

Wouldnt they be speaking egytian because thats when they were taken from Earth!?! Thats a major plothole right there.

Funny that they can learn it in 2.5 seconds. Also, that ancient chick couldnt even learn english, arent they suppose to be advanced beyond the point of the asguard? Yeah, thats another major plot hole.

Name a few that werent just background characters. And name one that hasnt come back to life.

17. Thor "Pfft, Rebel scum!" Valued Senior Member

Dude, learn the story puh-lease!!

Where I am concerned, shallow awards mean nothing so stop bringing them up!!

Ahem, that is the language that was brought TO Earth. It kinda hints to that in the film for crying out loud!

Do you mean the one that was frozen....which happened even before English was around, come on Counsler, you can do better than this!!

A non-exsistant plot hole

Two words, system lords

18. Alien Mastermind Registered Senior Member

(I'm not sure how to spell this) Colonel Kawalsky, (I'm sorry if this is against you, Thor) the actual Thor in Stargate was killled, or at least disabled in order to unsuccessfully gather information from his brain.

Now it is obvious, CounslerCoffee, you do not watch Stargate that often.

19. Alien Mastermind Registered Senior Member

Or at least that's how it is where I watch it; maybe the future series have him reborn or something.

20. CounslerCoffee Registered Senior Member

Alien just claimed that all the aliens were so advanced that they could learn english in a few minutes/hours and she didnt? ... Its still a big hole, sorry.

Actually Ive been watching it since it first came on. So I do know what Im talking about. I didnt watch the current season on scifi because it sucks, and stargate is for people who dont think.

21. Alien Mastermind Registered Senior Member

I guess that where I live they didn't show that episode yet: the episode with that "ancient chick" you're all talking about.

22. Thor "Pfft, Rebel scum!" Valued Senior Member

The Alien chick was in episode 3, in series six I believe which should have been shown where you are (which is where...)

And how would she learn to speak English?? Huh, huh?? Jack O'Neil?? I think not. She didn't have any aids to help her and she was frozen for how many years. Jeez, would you want to learn a language just after defrosting?? I didn't think so

Counsler, you keep giving biased opinions and stating a few things that can be said as false. I know you can do better than this

23. CounslerCoffee Registered Senior Member

Thor you have some room to talk. You wont even go see LOTR, you already think that it sucks, isnt that biased? And I watch SG1, Ive watched it a lot longer then either of you probably have, seeing as how you were, what 12? When it came on tv for the first time?

Im not bias, I like farscape way better because it is better. You dont even watch it, so dont call me bias Thor, because you are, I aint.