I hope i am not banned for heresy

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by The_King, Dec 29, 2002.

1. The_King Destroy the jews. Registered Senior Member

http://www26.brinkster.com/archived/viewnews.asp?newsID=999065577983

At least this sounds more plausible than measuring Brazilians of differing skin tones and calling them races, then declaring that they are genetically no longer seperate races.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Adam §Þ@ç€ MØnk€¥ Registered Senior Member

Did anyone ever doubt that people from different places are genetically different? You can see it.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

Some folks do not believe what their eyes tell them, Adam.

A belated welcome to sciforums, the King. Why would you be banned for heresy?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. The_King Destroy the jews. Registered Senior Member

Well, you summed it up perfectly when you said that some do not believe what their eyes tell them. I am no nazi, nor am i really a big fan, but people quite often have this tendency to over-simplify and generalise, and resort to the rhetoric they have heard from various well-meaning, but nontheless incorrect sources, such as ''we are all are one race, human race'', and intellectually brilliant statements like ''under the skin we are all the same'', ''we all have red blood'', etc. I am just an objective realist, and i did not know if this was permitted here as there are more tehn a few leftist-types getting around here. They annoy me quite obviously.

8. Nebuchadnezzaar Registered Senior Member

if evolution if correct shouldn't there be a particular gene pool which is better? or not. just wondering.

9. The_King Destroy the jews. Registered Senior Member

Not exactly as simple as that. Human variation is more due to genetic drift and to a lesser extent environmental adaption, which obviously implies being better in a given circumstance, not necissarily in an absolute sense, the differences are too small to say one population is absolutely superior to another.

10. spookz Banned Banned

king

"''we are all are one race, human race'', ''under the skin we are all the same'', ''we all have red blood''"

these statements sound ridiculous only when taken out of context.
    these platitudes are used in order to engender social amity b/w
    social/ethnic/religious/racial/?/?/ groups

"I am no nazi, nor am i really a big fan"

just a little fan? what ever do you mean?

in sciforums you can let it all hang out. there is no censoring.
    its like the army (be all that you can be)

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

11. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

If this reasoning is so then the reverse is also true. That someone must be at the bottom. This is where the rub comes in. It seems that is ok by every race until the list comes out. Such was seen after the publishing of the book entitled The Bell Curve. The book tried to link intellegence to a specific race and then rank them in order from that stand point. The hue and cry that came from the second best down let you to wonder if maybe there wasn't something to it.

We have wide latitude here, The King. Censorship is not unheard of but as long as your posts are within reason and civil, little will be said. If you have doubts then refer to the TOA that you agreed to when joining sciforums.

12. The_King Destroy the jews. Registered Senior Member

Re: king

13. spookz Banned Banned

"Not at all. Prove to me that they are not ridiculous logically."

i dont see what logic has to with this. are you asking me if the phrases have a scientific basis?