DVD to CD, surely not possible

Discussion in 'Computer Science & Culture' started by Captain_Crunch, Dec 19, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Captain_Crunch Club Ninja Valued Senior Member

On kazaa, there are programs that claim to put PS2 games onto cd and the PS2 will read them (others claim to do the same with XboX games). Also, if a program would put dvds onto cd, doesnt that mean its Vcd?
    Anyone know anything about these programs?
    Anyone ever used them?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Xerxes asdfghjkl Valued Senior Member

DVD, CD, and VCD are really only formats of disk which you can put information on. The information remains the same whereever you put it. So theoretically, it is possible to put a DVD on a bunch of CD's, but does it work well? Really, I'd be pretty annoyed if I had to change the CD every 15 minutes just to watch a stupid movie. BUt apparantly people have done it. Not me. If your a real DVD enthusiast then you should purchase a DVD-RW and knock yourself out. >>>>Not only would you be able to burn DVD's, but also PS2 games and other stuff.

Now, I'm more skeptical about the playstation thing. I know that it can read both CD's and DVD's, but normally a game has to access information on all parts of the disks, which makes that kinda.......dumb. Maybe if you organized the files in some specific manner, but its not worth it in my mind.

So yes, theoretically it's possible as long the machine you are using can read those formats:
    www.cnet.com/downloads
    but its not easy...

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Captain_Crunch Club Ninja Valued Senior Member

too expensive.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

I really dont think it would be possible for this to work well, these programs claim to work. I dont have a PS2 or an XboX but was curious cause it seems to me the console would have to work double time to get any info from the cd thus reducing lifespan. Im talking in hypothetics here, i dont know if these programs work.

I have noticed that there is alot of hoax programs on kazaa just now. i done a search for GTA: Vice City, low and behold, they have it. This is despite the fact it isnt going to get released for the p.c until next year sometime and the programmers have only just started making it.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Captain_Crunch Club Ninja Valued Senior Member

(didnt notice other thread with same(ish) topic. sorry)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.