Euthenasia

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by Zxanthaxzantheus, Dec 6, 2002.

?

Should euthenasia be legalized?

1. Yes, but only Passive euthenasia

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
  2. Yes, both Passive and Active euthenasia.

5 vote(s)
    71.4%
  3. No, euthenasia is wrong.

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
  1. Zxanthaxzantheus On a posting binge. Registered Senior Member

Hello everyone, again.

Im writing a "controversial topics" essay for school and was wondering if people could voice their opinions about euthenasia, so i could oh-so coniveniently use them as quotes in my essay!

I also added a poll for more data. Make lots and lots of people take it.

I'll add some more facts to this post later. im just about out of time for this period. thanks

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. CounslerCoffee Registered Senior Member

Zxan,

Weird long name ya got there... Welcome to sciforums! I think that a Euthenasia subject should go in the Ethics and Moraility section though.

Im all for it. As long as the person is in a great deal of pain and already going to die... A person deserves to die with some dignity.

-CounslerCoffee

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. %BlueSoulRobot% Copyright! Copyright!! Registered Senior Member

Well, since I don't know what passive and active euthanasia is, I'll guess that passive is when you're zoned out and they pull the plug, and active is when you're kicking and screaming, hit your head on a rafter, zone out, and they pull the plug.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

I believe it should be done.

But then again, it shouldn't. Who's to say that some jealous relative won't coerce the patient into signing the contract for euthanasia? And what constitutes doing something "justified" in the killing of a vegetable person? Maybe the patient is so drugged up, they won't know what they're signing or saying, and evil siblings can use this as a way of inheriting all their parent's money!

Or it should be done...like if you gave the patient a button, and they decide to press it or not. Make the death really painful, so the patient can have a harder time to decide whether they want to die or not. They should make euthanasia hurt as much as possible, then people wouldn't be so eager to do it, eh? Ten minutes in the electric chair - with a <i>dry</i> sponge!

But what if the patient is in a coma? They won't be able to decide. What if they never come out of the coma, and just by being there they're taxing the government system and their relative's pocketbooks? Those leeches, sucking our banks dry! -I mean... those poor unfortunate people.

Maybe we should look at what "life" means to us. Is it truly life when we are not able to think and resemble anything sentient? Because if that's not life, then comatose people should be dropping like flies. But then we've got the old "Every life is precious" argument. Is precious worth the money that's being siphoned off to these people every year, when there are so many other needs from every other sector?

I say kill'em all!

No! Don't kill them!

Kill them!

Don't kill them!!

AUGGHHH!!!!!!! *smashes head into dry wall*

(Feel free to quote, especially the last part.

)

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. %BlueSoulRobot% Copyright! Copyright!! Registered Senior Member

P.s. Where's the "Yes, only Active Euthanasia" option? :bugeye:

8. %BlueSoulRobot% Copyright! Copyright!! Registered Senior Member

Third in one minute!

Yeah, that's an example where euthanasia is right.

Sometimes, I think that the best way for the world is if we all died and let God decide. *shrug* My friends' think I'm heartless. I wanted to dissect a dead rat, and they said ewww. I don't see anything wrong with it! I'm just curious, that's all.

From a possible Christian's point of view:
    Euthanasia would be wrong. Ending the life of another human being is throwing God's gift back into His face. That's why suicide is wrong. Euthanasia is just like murder, only you're justified and can sleep at night after it.

(I don't know about the Christian thing) (*shrugs*)

9. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

what's the difference between active and pasive ?

10. Slacker47 Paint it Black Registered Senior Member

For it. It's gotta be done.

Who here is for abortion? I am because its not my ground to tell people what they can not do. So, i say keep it legal.

11. Zxanthaxzantheus On a posting binge. Registered Senior Member

Hello again. its me!

I've finaly gotten around to posting some information about euthanasia! its hard to fit this into my hectic life (of playing video games all day!)

Heres some information...

http://www.euthanasia.com/

there should be enough enformation for anyone against or for euthanasia.

But to answer what seems to be the most common question, that is, what is passive and active euthanasia:

Passive euthenasia is bassicaly, when a person is incapacitated in such a way where there is no hope for them to live away from the hospital life-support system, is to turn off the systems, and let them die.

Active euthanasia is when a doctor gives a patient drugs that will, when taken a certain way, kill the person and end their suffering.

12. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

oh - then I'm for active euthanasia only

13. %BlueSoulRobot% Copyright! Copyright!! Registered Senior Member

Right now, I'm feeling very hyper and bubbly, so I'm going for both active and passive euthanasia. (Maybe it's the excess adrenaline, but I'm very sadistic when I'm hyper!)

I say "Convert them all to Christians, then kill them!" They'll go to heaven, and we can sleep better at night. We all suffer, I feel we should have the right to kill ourselves if we can't handle it. What kind of a life would it be if we couldn't enjoy it? Kill them!

Is it a bigger sin to let someone suffer, or to murder them? When is murder justified?

I feel we should bring capital punishment back. So don't mind me, I'm all for ruthlessness right now!
    I'm pro-abortion too. Keep it legal! Leave it up to the young mothers and their parents; would you rather them suffer with the burden of a child, have the child grow up in a bad family, and live his/her life as a sick twisted individual?? No! Cut it off at the root, while you still can!

And why should other people give a feck what a stranger does with her baby? The world's overpopulated as it is. One of the predictions in a fiction book I read about the future was that people will be joining hands and walking into the oceans, to drown themselves because there's not enough room.

14. Clockwood You Forgot Poland Registered Senior Member

If someone wholeheartedly wants to die and is moderatly sane I see nothing wrong with helping them.