Ummmmmmmm...........................

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by Lost-in-Time, Dec 4, 2002.

1. Lost-in-Time Registered Member

I wonder if people could do me a little favor? Could you fill out this survey, it's fairly generic, and antiseptic. In fact fabricate your responses if you wish to do so. Assuming of course the answers are reasonably plausible.

If you don't want to post it here send me an e-mail at alan_campbell@canada.com. I need to get this done by Friday.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1)Assuming that stress is a condition characterized by
    physical,mental,or emotional tension please list three
    major stressors within your life.
    (a)
    (b)
    (c)

(2) How old are you?

(3) What is your sex? M/F

(4) Given the AFOREMENTIONED stressors what is the
    typical duration of physical, mental, or emotional
    tension(caused by stressors)? 1 hour, 1 day, 1 week, perpetually

(5) Given the three major stressors within your life at
    what point would you be most likely to experience
    stress? at work, at home, at school, morning commute,
    etc.

(6) Please list three major internal and/or external
    effects of stress in your life.
    (a)
    (b)
    (c)

(7) How would you describe the intensity of stress
    given the answers you have already given in relation to
    what causes you stress? Intense, moderate, mild, etc.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. spookz Banned Banned

ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

no

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Microzoft Registered Senior Member

Your first semester in psychology, hey ?

1)
    a- when I receive my income sheet
    b- when my neighbor has a sexier wife
    c- when a total idiot is in front of me.

2) 55

3) M

4) It depends, at time 5 minutes, at times 1 hour, but when my neighbor comes asking for sugar,…1 day!

5) At work

6)
    a- I pump mi lady
    b- I check mail at sciforums
    c- see TV

7) Right now as answering this nonsense, “Intense”

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. goofyfish Analog By Birth, Digital By Design Valued Senior Member

I considered replying until I read:
    If you are not taking the project seriously, why should we? You
    can fabricate answers as easily as we, and at least you would
    then be doing some of the work.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Peace.

8. Lost-in-Time Registered Member

The main reason I stated it that way was because I was uncertain if people would be willing to respond. It was actually sarcasam, though, I guess that isn't evident through mere text. Moreover, I was uncertain as to whether or not I would actually get legitimate responses. Furthermore, as evidenced through the first two responses my initial inclanation was not to far off base. Afterall this is the internet, and this is a newsgroup, foolish me indeed. I thought, given that this newsgroup appeared to carry reasonably intelligent discourse, that it also would carry emotionally mature discourse. Though it should not be surprising that emotional intelligence does not necessarily positively correlate to traditonal intelligence. Although the anonymity of the internet certainly provides for a lack of the former.

9. spookz Banned Banned

ummmmmmmmmm.....am i to feel guilty here???

mmmmmmmmmm?

10. goofyfish Analog By Birth, Digital By Design Valued Senior Member

And chose not to give us the benefit of the doubt. People might be unwilling to respond as you chose not to explain the motivation behind your survey questions or the use to which the answers might be put. You could not be concerned that revealing this would skew the results, as you were willing to accept fraudulent answers, which would have similar implications.
    Yes, foolish indeed, but not for the reasons you might think.
    Before alluding to the intellectual level of the members here, you would do well to assess your own. This is not a newsgroup.

Peace.

11. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

Lost-in-Time,

First, let me welcome you to sciforums.

I am extremely reluctant to take surveys of any nature. Whether on the net or in real life. I certainly will not answer survey that appears to not care if the answers are real or not. Further, to obtain my input in such, why is aways of concern to me. It seems if the one who wants these questions responded to, wants me to take the time to do so, then I expect them to take the time to answer my question as to why.

I have learned the hard way not to respond to e-mails or initate contact through e-mail unless the source is both known and trusted. So far you fit neither.

It is you that come seeking. To cast put downs upon the members because they do not readily fulfill your wants doesn't speak much to me of your character. Rather it looks at face value as if you wish to dodge the work involved in "homework" and are looking for an easy way out. Adding a deadline to it merely re-enforces the idea.

Scifourms is not a newsgroup, as Goofyfish has already mentioned. If you have chosen this site for that then you will go wanting. Sciforums is a discussion site or a forum. If you wish folks to take your survey then you should spend the time to make it at least interesting to them. The members here do respond to those things that pique their interest. In fact you can not hold them back. I would suggest that you try again with this idea in light.

It was not my intention to put down on you as a new member. It was my intention to say if it is important to you, then you should treat it as such and the other members of the site will too.