Sense of Humor

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by LionHearted, Dec 1, 2002.

1. LionHearted Registered Senior Member

Is there a way to make yourself have less of a sense of humor? Sometimes something funny will happen and I will keep laughing after everyone else has stopped and it is embarassing.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. goofy headed punk Registered Senior Member

Without removing part of your brain or taking medication?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. pumpkinsaren'torange Registered Senior Member

i appreciate a good sense of humor every now and then..

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. %BlueSoulRobot% Copyright! Copyright!! Registered Senior Member

I suppose it depends on what you think humour is. There are many different ideas, often conflicting. For example, slapstick humour (things like people falling of buildings or getting shot in the foot) is funny to some people, and not funny to others. Some people enjoy irony, sarcasm, black humour, etc.

I don't suppose you can get rid of your sense of humour. It really depends on how you've been brought up. It's healthy to laugh a lot; makes you live longer (or so they say). So laugh away, LionHearted, laugh while you still can.

8. NenarTronian Teenaged Transhumanist Registered Senior Member

Take it as a blessing. For the most part, i think the world definately needs more people with great sense of humor. I for one have a very unique sense of humor, and a very loud, boisterous laugh!

People hear me laugh in another wing of the school when i'm laughing in class, i'm not embarassed though. Its just who i am. I tend to get out of hand sometimes though, i'll get on a roll and just keep going with stuff until its not funny anymore, or it becomes inappropriate. Ah well.

I laugh at stuff people don't find funny either though. Like literary works often have really usbtle humor in them, or not at all. But we'd be reading aloud in english class and i'll just burst out laughing.

Keep laughing

9. *stRgrL* Kicks ass Valued Senior Member

Why would you want to lower your sense of humor? I think dry people are envious of people that laugh alot. I constantly laugh, I would go insane if I didnt find the world and everything in it amazingly humorous.

10. chroot Crackpot killer Registered Senior Member

Like when the poor handicapped child fell over in the special olympics race, or what?

- Warren

11. Joeman Eviiiiiiiil Clown Registered Senior Member

Unfortunately one thing that I can never mature is my sense of humor. Some of my humor can be quite juvenile, and I can't seem to do anything about it.

12. Bebelina kospla.com Valued Senior Member

Life is short Lionhearted, laugh as much as you can and do not be embarrased by it.