formalites of life and being

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by yumyum, Nov 5, 2002.

1. yumyum The All Knowing.. I think Registered Senior Member

ok so many people say life is complacated no its not socity makes it complacated all we have to do is be thats simple. example dateing whats the deal with that every one knows well when your a kid your not looking for true love at lest not normal people, you want sex. I say skip the formalites and be friends and fuck see simple its not hard to just BE.

well thoughts?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Halo Full Time Nerd-Bomber Registered Senior Member

Not everyone just wants sex. There are those people out there that want love from the beginning. If you just want to have sex you could always join a sex club. Not that I know of any. hehe.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. yumyum The All Knowing.. I think Registered Senior Member

I know I said most normal pepole meaning most pepole but there are exceptions. bye the way I dont think I spelled formalities right. But that reallly wasnt the point just an example. socitey
    makes us think that we have to do all these things to be apart of there socitey that just makes things complacited why cant we just BE?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. ndrs The Anti-Cthulhu Registered Senior Member

BTW, on topic:
    Love is based on sex.. Right?
    Any friendship is based on intelligence.. Right? (At least mine view of friendship is..)
    I know some friendships are just based on experiences..

So why mix those two? Doesn't it create only confusion and problems?

8. Shai Registered Member

Formalities keep you safely busy when you need to be occupied and complicate your life when you want go straight-to-the-point. The civilization is very much based on these seemingly useless formalities...but...friendship based on intelligence? I'd like to have more of those. And no matter what people say most of the relationships are based on sex. You can really experiment on that subject if you will. Most of us would get bored in our relationships without sex...but hell...Most of us get bored to live.

9. p_ete2001 Registered Senior Member

I hate to be the one to bring this up, but..... sex is for reproduction right!? For making babies. So anything else is an abuse of sex. Sex for fun, pleasure etc. Isnt it just sexual, abuse? To use something is to use it for its intended purpose. To abuse it is to use it for something that it isnt intended for. I dont think abuse is a complete disregard for something but a form of misuse. For example if something is 'normal' then it is normal (for arguements sake). If something is abnormal then is it the complete opposite of normal; freaky, wierd, or just something that doesnt fit into the 'normal' category? Whether it is just outside of what is classed as normal or a long way from it. An example would be a chair. A chair is for sitting on right? To use a chair for breaking a window is to abuse the chair (and the window

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

lol) To 'use' the chair in a less extreme way i.e. misuse it i think is still abuse. For example to use the chair for standing on to reach something high is misuse (i think) but it is also abuse because the chair wasnt made for that. So abuse is a form of misuse. To use for something that it wasnt inteded for. I looked up ab in the dictionary but i cant remember what it said. I think it said 'the opposite of' something e.g. abnormal abuse but i dont think this is true. As ive said i think it is anything outside of the category whether that is just ouside or wildly outside. But the dictionary has been made by people and is just their definitions which are procreated through it. It is also taken as truth though by a lot of people. (mainly idiots

) I also think pronunciation is also wrong in there but thats another topic. Anyway. Sexual abuse. im human too and im not saying that i would only have sex to make a baby but i think sex in a loving relationship should be a minimum. Anyway. Ive tried to have sex with people i hardly know i.e. one night stands, and they are rubbish. Not very nice at all. Plus they dont really work (

lol) but who says that sex is only for making babies anyway? Me? Well who says it isnt about the expression of love too!? i mean, nothing says that just because u have sex with someone (unprotected) once that they will become pregnant. Surely if god wanted sex to be about just reproduction then it would work first time! Im not one who can comment on gods ways etc im just saying that it could be. Anyway, bye for now.

p.s. Anyone got any thoughts?

p.p.s
    Should that be sex is based on love!??

in my opinion it is based on experience. Similar experiences

10. Clockwood You Forgot Poland Registered Senior Member

The purpose of sex (as far as the species is concerned) is to make more people. Our current society needs such formalities as marriage and the like to help support offspring. Dating can be considered a trial run for your partner to ensure you wont kill each other.

If we develop a creshing system, like some aboriginal groups, we can forego all sentiment reguarding sex.

11. Shai Registered Member

Humans do abuse sex by your definition p_ete. Humans also abuse nature. We weren't suppose to destroy it for fun. We also abuse conciousness. I mean, here we are, talking rubbish when we should be surviving by using our intelligence purely to functional purposes. And philosophy is as unnatural as it gets. Humans, by definition, are beyond nature. We don't fit in. Humans are the step away from evolution.

12. ndrs The Anti-Cthulhu Registered Senior Member

Humans abuse everything.. Why shouldn't we?
    We are not beyond nature.. We depend on it in every way yet..

13. p_ete2001 Registered Senior Member

If we lived somewhere else (maybe a 3rd world country) then we probably would be using our intelligence purely for functional purposes. But we come on here and talk like we do because of the society we live in (IMO). I mean we are very well looked after in our country(ies, wherever everyone is). We have a lot of time on our hands. We have water piped to our houses, gas, heating etc. We do not have to chop down trees for wood. If we needed wood we could go to the shop and buy some. (I have some thoughts on this and our society but i have not thoughts them through yet so i will leave them for another time).
    I dont think its that we dont fit in. i think the state of affairs you are talking about has happened because we have harnessed the planet. (virtually all of it). We have nothing better to do (most of us

) because just about everything has been done for ud. Maybe ur right shai. Maybe we abuse everything because we have nothing to do. We get bored and abuse.

14. Xevious Truth Beyond Logic Registered Senior Member

"Love is based on sex.. Right?"
    "Sex is based on love?"

It is entirely possible to love someone without wanting to sleep with them. Just about any psycologist will tell you so, and many will state that sex without emotional attachments is a sign of lack of maturity. Sex is based on love, IF it is intended as an act of closeness between two people who have an emotional bond. Sex without an emotional bond often leads to serious social and personal problems.

In simpler terms, it depends on how mature you are.

15. ndrs The Anti-Cthulhu Registered Senior Member

Xevious, please tell me then. What is the difference between friendship and love (not based on sex)?

16. Shai Registered Member

Nature is not self aware - humans happen to be. Despite the fact that our standard of living is very much dependent from natural resources I consider us beyond nature. Simply because we have a power over nature in a way nature can never have power over us. We exist in a way nature does not - self consciously. My definition of being beyond nature is being something nature is not(self aware) and thus being able to act independently from nature. That's what I tried to say earlier.

I tend to continue abusing things not self aware...

Well, p_ete2001 your kind of right. Middle class has far too much time on their hands and Upper class has always had faaar too much free time

...and some of us use it to philosophy and stuff(read: talking rubbish)

17. p_ete2001 Registered Senior Member

i didnt even say this!!!!!!!!!!

18. fadingCaptain are you a robot? Valued Senior Member

There are reasons all the formalities and rules exist. Most are outdated and irrational. Hopefully, in time, people will 'just be' as you put it.
    Keep in my mind however that there will always have to be certain laws and practices in accordance with society. If you throw away society we return to caveman days.

19. Xevious Truth Beyond Logic Registered Senior Member

"Xevious, please tell me then. What is the difference between friendship and love (not based on sex)?"

Friendship is certanly a kind of love. However, it's not the same as the kind of love you hold for a girlfriend or wife, is it? Think about it: You do NOT have to have sex with your best friend in order to recognize that you have an emotional attachment to them, do you? If you do, I would honestly think something is very wrong with your psyche. For someone to be more than simply a best friend (girlfriend, wife, ect.) sex is a requirement. This is because the whole point of courtship and sex is to have a family. If it is not, then why the heck did nature make sex so pleasureable? I don't think sex was invented by nature just for the sake of it.

20. Shai Registered Member

I know, I know. I was addressing ndrs earlier on. I should've separated my replies more clearly.

21. ndrs The Anti-Cthulhu Registered Senior Member

Xevious:

But that again depends on your definition of love..

I guess here the same it depends on your definition of love..

What personal problems?