Chew on this for a while...

Discussion in 'Science & Society' started by Active8, Oct 27, 2002.

1. Active8 Spokesman for the obvious Registered Senior Member

Light is affected by gravity…
    Gravity is an effect of great mass.
    Our sun has great mass.
    Our sun is a star.
    The galaxy has billions of stars.
    Billions of stars equal greater mass
    We see other galaxies is space
    They appear to be sovereign
    They appear to be different.
    Light travels at a constant speed
    Light is affected by gravity…
    Our world is almost a sphere
    The sphere is the most ideal geometric shape
    The sun is a sphere
    As is the moon
    As well as our own eyeballs, or window to the universe
    Our eyes are made of atoms
    Atoms are theoretically spherical
    A sphere is geometrically an unlimited supply of circles
    Matter cannot exist without negative space
    As fire cannot exist without air
    Energy cannot be created nor destroyed.
    Light is energy
    Now…

Here is my hypothesis.
    Light from our sun is seen far away in another solar system. Our own sun appears now to be a speck of dust. However, the star has mass as well as all the others around it.
    Have you ever been to an arcade that had one of those claw/grab-a-toy games? Some of these contraptions have front face panels that are lit up by an array of incandescent bulbs. The bulbs are sandwiched in between two semi-silvered mirrors. The effect given is much like if you stood between two mirrors and saw yourself being reflected over and over again.
    Now, light travels at a certain speed right? Each time that the image of the light bulb is bounced back we have a unit of measurement created, a segment in time so to speak. If you add up all of these time/units, you start to see a time slow down. This is due to being many feet away in reflective space. Now picture our planet; or our one eyeball if you want to get an even more precise scene. Our planet is in the middle of space. It is floating in an orbit around a ball of much greater mass, the sun.
    Our own galaxy…how could we possibly see what it looked like trillions upon trillions of years ago? We couldn’t…right? What if we already have? What if we are looking at the Milky Way galaxy so many years ago in time when we look at andromeda?
    What if our galaxy is the only one? We are just a stir of creation spinning inside a huge reflective bubble. And black holes are our blind spots.
    So you ask, “But how can one account for all of the other galaxies?
    Our galaxy is growing and shrinking all the time. It is just happening at such a slow rate that we don’t perceive it. If an object has mass that is much greater than that of another object, it in turn will have greater gravity. Light is affected by gravity. The Milky Way galaxy has a certain amount of mass. Light cannot be created nor destroyed so this would have to mean that the light and mass of our galaxy is limited. For if light hit heliopause, would it pause or just reflect. Quite simply, just think about mass. If a speck of energy were to exponentially increase for eternity, its mass would increase as well. Which is my explanation for our creation. Because of this, our reflection would seem farther away due to the amount of time being reflected. Pick any other known galaxy. What you are looking at is just ourselves many ions ago. To test this theory, we would have to measure the mass of other galaxies and see if they coincide with time displacement.
    A branch of this theory would be that on a smaller scale, the stars in the Milky Way are much the same way. We see stars at different points of time. One star that appears bright is rather close to our solar system. Another next to it is smaller and less bright. It may be the same star being copied over and over again until it no longer exists and we see it no further. So I’m saying that our planet reflects light back to the wall? No, for the light is being bounced around in a sphere remember? So it could be 180degrees in the other direction. I’m not sure about most of this. But is makes a little sense to me. For time?..well..Just imagine light being doubled each time it reflects. One to the infinite power plus time.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Mr. G reality.sys Valued Senior Member

You know the terms but not the relationships: assimilation without proper synthesis.

Time is your friend.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. On Radioactive Waves lost in the continuum Registered Senior Member

great! now you just need to come up with a way to test you hypothesis

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Active8 Spokesman for the obvious Registered Senior Member

Time is my friend? What does that have to do with it?

8. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Light cannot be created nor destroyed

False.

Pick any other known galaxy. What you are looking at is just ourselves many ions ago

False.

To test this theory, we would have to measure the mass of other galaxies and see if they coincide with time displacement.

Time has nothing to do with measuring mass.

Time is my friend? What does that have to do with it?

What our intuitive friend, Mr. G, is most likely alluding to, is that after some time, you will begin to understand, hopefully, the relationships between the various concepts you've misinterpreted. Hence, time is your friend.

9. fadingCaptain are you a robot? Valued Senior Member

How would you explain clusters of galaxies far more immense than ours? How would you explain the enormous walls of galaxies we see? If energy cannot be created or destroyed, where does this energy come from or go to?

I think if we look far enough we will begin to either see replication of everything at a smaller scale (similar to your infinite mirror analogy), or we will see ourselves. I need to put some more thought to it and see what I come up with...

Nice post.

10. Active8 Spokesman for the obvious Registered Senior Member

Q,
    Let me fix my mistake. I meant energy, not light. And as for us looking back at ourselves. Yeah I might be wrong. But so might you. And that is why it is all theory and not writ law.
    I said what I said about mass vs. time based on the idea that if you go further back or forward in time, you might see either larger mass, (a higher development of our galaxy-reflected) or smaller mass (a prior version of our galaxy). How is seeing our future possible? Well I don't buy into the big bang theory for one reason. I believe in infinity. How can you suddenly have something out of nothing with out just being. So hence.." I'm just sittin' here watchin' the wheel's go round and round. More mass---Over TIME! Less mass farther back in TIME!

Remember when we thought that the earth was flat and that we might fall of the edge if we went too far. Well, we ended up where we started in the end. So, why do we assume that all knowledge is better than it will ever be. We are always learning more. And sometimes what we learn was obvious. That's all I'm trying to pursue. Maybe if we look far enough out into space, we'll see our selves looking back. It may be dumb logic. But it is logic after all.

11. goofyfish Analog By Birth, Digital By Design Valued Senior Member

Well, not exactly... using your round Earth comparison, we MIGHT see the backs of our heads...

12. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

How is seeing our future possible?

It's not.

Well I don't buy into the big bang theory for one reason. I believe in infinity.

On what do you base your belief ? Are you ignoring the overwhelming evidence in favor of the Big Bang ?

How can you suddenly have something out of nothing with out just being

Random quantum fluctuations.

More mass---Over TIME! Less mass farther back in TIME!

The amount of mass/energy in the universe is constant.

It may be dumb logic. But it is logic after all.

I, for one, prefer logic over dumb logic.

13. Active8 Spokesman for the obvious Registered Senior Member

The Big Bang Theory to me breaks down like this...
    At some point in your relative view of time
    their was a "BIG BANG", and you were conceived!
    To me, seeing how life is so very short, How it happened is not so important as how YOU happened. And if you give me a valid reason for your existance I'll give you a reason for there being an
    infinite amount of time. When you return to the ground, if that's where you are going, you're pretty much converted from living to non-living. Non-living to me is another way of saying," hey, it was like that when I got here". How could there be a huge explosion will no one to see it. And if there was someone to see it, what the heck were they doing a minute prior.
    My point is that so many people worry to much about things that have no purpose in the creation of life. For me, life is not being alive and breathing. Life is partaking in a story. We know it has a beginning. What the author was thinking at the time is vague. It has an ending. Though some of us think it will just read itself just to find that they've lost the book before getting to the end. Existance is futile with nothing to experience. So In the long run...If there were a Huge explosion to start it all off...what are you gonna have for dinner?

"I, for one, prefer logic over dumb logic."

Later down the road, your LOGIC is going to seem dumb.
    While my clearly dumb logic will only be a suggestion.

"Random quantum fluctuations"
    Everyone sees what makes sense to them.

They could just be random to you.
    Or are you just hiding behind what you don't understand.

And remember kids...Everything you learn in school only seems right because it's written in a book.
    I don't know anything...I just say what my gut tells me. And that's all I trully know. So heck..Don't lose your imagination for the sake of believing in one point to start it off. If you've learned anything about the nature of existance, you will know that everything happens due to some other force;or reason.

Look in a mirror sometime and answer this question.
    If the center of the reflection is in fact the surface of the mirror,
    Who are you? The reflection, or the thought.
    If you say the thought, than you believe in existance of mind over matter.
    If you say reflection, than you believe in existance of imagery over truth.

14. On Radioactive Waves lost in the continuum Registered Senior Member

i believe thats your opinion

15. Active8 Spokesman for the obvious Registered Senior Member

Than you my friend are one step closer...
    Good call. Simple yet very effective.

16. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

active8

And if you give me a valid reason for your existance I'll give you a reason for there being an
    infinite amount of time

You responded to me, didn't you ? Or are you in the habit of talking to non-existent entities ?

How could there be a huge explosion will no one to see it.

Is this one of those, 'tree falling in the forest and no one hears it' arguments ?

Later down the road, your LOGIC is going to seem dumb.
    While my clearly dumb logic will only be a suggestion.

You mean logic such as:

And remember kids...Everything you learn in school only seems right because it's written in a book.

As opposed to what, relying on your imagination for a world-view ? Didn't someone hear speak of purple dragons ?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

17. Active8 Spokesman for the obvious Registered Senior Member

You're right...
    I have a much more philisophical point of view.
    perhaps I entered the wrong forum.
    There's no point in explaining this to you.
    You seem to know it all anyway.

Oh and I said REASON. As in...what is the difference between the creation of a rock and the creation of a ROCK-HEAD.

18. Kizlevru Guest

Active8
    It doesn't matter as long as your mind sees a true image

I think your post is brilliant Active8

Kiz

19. p_ete2001 Registered Senior Member

me too active8! Energy cannot be destroyed (the current thinking) and isnt light a form of energy, people!!?

I think so. i also dont think anything can disprove this theory either. not yet anway. I think its a good thought! Something i hadnt even considered.

Yes Q thats right. Random quantum fluctuations of nothing!! created the universe *sigh* a lot of the people disagreeing with active 8 sound like they have degrees or some kind of qualifications which make them seem to think that their thoughts are superior.

What!!!!?? Did he say anything about time being our enemy!??What makes u an expert!?? Do u know the truth!?? I dont think so. Did u know our measurement of a metre is a metal bar in paris that it takes light something like 0.000000102643546378252638 seconds to travel across! This is how weve measured the speed of light! How ridiculous is that!? Our measurement of weight is similar in that it is tried to keep it completely safe i.e. free of dust. otherwise our measurement of weight will change.It is also true that evertime they clean it they decrease its weight as rubbing takes tiny peices of it off.What about millions and millions of years in the future!?? Humanity is frail. this shows it. Because the metre was chosen as a unit of measurement before the speed of light was found then we cant just change everything.
    and i think it was said best here:
    Its just theory. it might be right, it might not be. but until its been proven, anyone could be wrong.......or right!!

p.s i also think it is very difficult to prove anything.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2002
  20. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

pete

Yes Q thats right. Random quantum fluctuations of nothing!! created the universe

Nice to see you're able to open your mind to non-intuitive concepts. That in itself is a major leap.

*sigh* a lot of the people disagreeing with active 8 sound like they have degrees or some kind of qualifications which make them seem to think that their thoughts are superior.

Perhaps it has nothing to do with 'superior thoughts' but instead, is simply a grasp of rationale.

Its just theory. it might be right, it might not be. but until its been proven, anyone could be wrong.......or right!!

p.s i also think it is very difficult to prove anything.

True, it is very difficult to prove something however if a theory can be supported by strong evidence in it's favor, then wouldn't you say that theory had validity ? The hypothesis proposed at the beginning of this thread for example, has no evidence to support it. In fact, there is oodles of evidence which would suggest the hypothesis is pure nonsense.

21. p_ete2001 Registered Senior Member

Such as??

22. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

23. p_ete2001 Registered Senior Member

I think u missed the point of the original post q. Light could be travelling out from our universe and being 'sling-shotted'

back to us so we see our universe from a different angle. This idea (IMO) could account for anything that can be found in the universe! The links u provided show pictures. Couldnt these be things that exist in (or infact are) out universe from different angles?