autorun.inf/autoplay...?

Discussion in 'General Science & Technology' started by Bowser, Jan 17, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bowser Namaste Valued Senior Member

I am curious about the process for adding a menu which loads when a CD is inserted into the drive. Specifically, can I create a graphic interface and load it through the use of an autorun.inf file on my CD? If possible, how do I intergrate elements such as background, buttons, and sounds?

I have been searching for this info online, but the best that I can find are programs which provide an interface, writing the script for the author. How does one script a menu, incorporating the various elements, into the autorun/autoplay file?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Bowser Namaste Valued Senior Member

Would a graphic interface require me to write a stand-alone executable which would then be called by the autorun.inf file? Is that how it is done?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Boris Senior Member Registered Senior Member

Bowser,

yep.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Bowser Namaste Valued Senior Member

Bummer. I was hoping to keep it simple. So, the best I can hope for is to open a system applications by calling a specific file on my CD during insertion, that is, short of writing my own application (custom menu)?

Boris, have you any links in your pocket for a good site or page covering this subject? I have toyed with C/C++ but never this. Is there a very good source for info regarding this and other multimedia issues? I gave it a good search today, but I wasn't impressed with those sites I had seen.

[This message has been edited by Bowser (edited January 17, 2001).]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.