Request for Alife program links

Discussion in 'Intelligence & Machines' started by Clockwood, Sep 21, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clockwood You Forgot Poland Registered Senior Member

I am currently looking for links to artificial life computer programs. Preferably these should have a graphical interface and be compatable with WindowsNT.

If anyone knows any, I would greatly appreciate your listing them here.

TTFN

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Clockwood You Forgot Poland Registered Senior Member

And I see either nobody knows any, there are none, or everyone just wants me to go insane.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. allant Version 1.0 Registered Senior Member

The answer is nobody knows what you mean. I have a little screen wallpaper that has a sheep running round on the screen climbing the sides of windows and generally doing fun things.

Is this artificial life ? That is a serious question ! If you mean something that has intelligence, well .... First we need to figure out what intelligence is, and then wait a few years, maybe decades and I might be able to supply something.

Oh, if you want something that grows and replicates, I think I can get a copy of the bugbear or similar virus I can arrange to be sent to you. <grin>

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Clockwood You Forgot Poland Registered Senior Member

Preferably something self replicatin and non pathogenic.

Tierra, Avida, Geanpool, and Darwin's pond are examples.

8. BatM Member At Large Registered Senior Member

9. kmguru Staff Member

Real AI software does not exist as a stand alone high level program. Otherwise, everybody would be using it like Microsoft Office. Work is underway at a no-name agency for a you-know-what application. My understanding is that the chief architect is using a recursive algorithm which is eating up more resource than producing any result. Throwing more terraflops into it may not be the answer.

There are some Bayesian netwroks out there in various labs that may help depending on what your needs are.

10. Clockwood You Forgot Poland Registered Senior Member

sadly 98% of all alife sites contain the same scraps of info or have not been updated in a few years.

Also nearly all bots are either without any sort of interface or are purely reactive to human created text. *sigh*

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

11. Clockwood You Forgot Poland Registered Senior Member

... or they are just over styalized calculators

12. BatM Member At Large Registered Senior Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.