objectophilia/objecto-sexuals

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by chimpkin, Jul 10, 2011.

1. chimpkin C'mon, get happy! Registered Senior Member

Something there is that doesn't love a wall...but these rather quirky folks just might love a wall very much...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Object_sexuality

Never heard of this before...apparently, people fall in love with objects, to the point of finding a way to make either a real or ersatz sexual consummation...

Um, ok.

Not hurting anyone or anything.:shrug:

Since I believe in a person's right to self-definition, this is taken from the website created for and by objectophiles:
    http://www.objectum-sexuality.org/

Yes, at one point I fought my attraction to women...so I understand...

Apparently, most objectosexuals feel a spirit in their love object that they connect with.

http://www.objectum-sexuality.org/

No, I don't get it.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

But I guess that's not necessary that I do...

And no, these people don't behave obscenely in public.

This woman was married to the Berlin wall: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/new...oman-married-to-Berlin-Wall-for-29-years.html

And this article mentioned a woman who was passionately in love with the twin towers...now heartbroken: http://www.spiegel.de/international/spiegel/0,1518,482192,00.html

It's an interesting world out there, isn't it?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

my partner loves her purple dolphine

ALOT

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. chimpkin C'mon, get happy! Registered Senior Member

I think I know which one you're talking about, seen that model, yes.
    Not inclined to add that one to my collection...yes...umm...yes...

And rechargeable AA batteries are such an important financial and ecologically-friendly thing...Otherwise you do find yourself going through so many AA batteries...
    But anyway, that wasn't quite what we were talking about...moving right along...

Last edited: Jul 10, 2011
  6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

you HAD to know the debate was going to go that way when you started talking about sex and objects

If we look at it objectivily there are a few stories i have herd of men falling in love with blow up dolls. There are fictional stories about people in love with robots.

I guess it comes down to how do you define an object, a robot for instance (in the future, not the kind used to make cars) could well be a emotional, rational "person" like DATA on star trek (after he got his emotion chip) or they could be logical and intelligent without emotions or sexuality.

Moving down the chain a doll built for sex can be classed as a sexual thing but doesnt give any emotional surport (though aparently some of them do... interact... with there owners, leave it there though). Then if we move further down the chain a vibrating dildo is again designed for sexual stimulation and does to an extent interact but is even less emotive because its not shaped as a person. Then we could go even further to just plain rubber dildos and other objects which happen to be hole or phalax shapped which could be used for sexual stimulation.

Going down the emotional tract people who are alone because there partner is away or they have broken up or died find themselves sleeping on the couch (i do when my partner is away) and i was talking to a psycologist about it and they said its because it provides something behind you as you sleep (like your partner does when there). Women get quite atached to body pilliows and big stuffed toys if they are alone again it is something to cuddle up to.

A building is a rather extreem example of this but its not inconcivable i guess.

8. chimpkin C'mon, get happy! Registered Senior Member

Well, yes, but these people never seem to feel for humans romantic love...but they feel it for objects.

9. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Because an object can't really leave you, talk back to you, trick you or a whole host of other things that a wife/husband/partner can do. So you can trust an object totally but you can't anyone else.

10. chimpkin C'mon, get happy! Registered Senior Member

Hmm....cars and computers certainly give me a hard time a lot...

11. wynn ˙ Valued Senior Member

Not really ...

These objectophiles might all be reincarnated yogis and such -

Some people are in love with their rosaries.

12. Anti-Flag Pun intended Registered Senior Member

What, you haven't noticed how sexy a yo-yo is? The way it slides up... and down.... and up.... and...

Oh fuck not again.....

13. chimpkin C'mon, get happy! Registered Senior Member

I think talking about how they might consummate that would get me booted.
    :fright:
    Not gonna go there...

14. wynn ˙ Valued Senior Member

Sure.
    Somehow, I just don't find this to be all that strange, just perhaps rare.

Perhaps because I've been thinking so much about the possible reincarnations of impersonalist yogis ...

I mean, what do you think all those Zen meditators who spend their days staring at walls reincarnate as? Or architects? Or florists? Or locomotive mechanics?