Murdering the homeless...

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by alexb123, Jul 10, 2011.

1. alexb123 The Amish web page is fast! Valued Senior Member

Online over the past few years there have been some appalling videos (and I mean really bad, will stress you out for days from watching it) of I believe they are Russians killing homeless people in the woods etc.

The most recent of these the murderers were doing what appeared to be a Nazi salute.

Whats sickening more than anything is that these people are getting real pleasure out of the torture and murder. I'm mentally not able to watch one of these videos its so bad.

Does anyone know what these Russians (or maybe ex-Russian states- or eastern European) have against these homeless people?

Bit vague I know, but someone might know.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. murdoch Simply Psychic! Registered Senior Member

It speaks rule of anarchy where responsible state authorities are careless toward their duties in first sight.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Pinwheel Banned Banned

Russia is a shithole.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

You can't even tell where the videos are made right? So then how can you make a statement that it was Russia? Without proof of your accusation you aren't being very honest about who is doing that. While what you say is very disturbing and wrong, why do you watch it? I'm sure the police are informed about such videos as well and are looking into who is making them as we speak but there's nothing we can do about it is there.

Many movies today are very similar to what you describe as an example Jigsaw does very terrible torturing things to people and yet people pay to see that kind of crap. When people stop paying to see crap movies like Jigsaw only then will they stop making them.

8. alexb123 The Amish web page is fast! Valued Senior Member

Cosmic I make a choice, rightly or wrongly to know and at least try and understand everything around me. And if I can't understand it I'll ask a question. And I'm having a major problem trying to understand this. I would research it but I'm avoiding see these types of things.

9. Emil Valued Senior Member

You only have to google "Murdering the homeless"
    I think you'll be surprised.

10. Grim_Reaper I Am Death Destroyer of Worlds Registered Senior Member

Well I agree with Traveler that if you are disturbed by them do not watch them. As far as where they are made they could be made anywhere if the people are speaking in russian they could have imagrated from russia and are killing in a different country. No matter who or what they are they only make and post this type of crap because people watch it if more people said I am not going to watch this stuff and dont they would not want to post it. As far as the police go yes they likely know and are very likly try very hard to find the people involved and bring them to justice. As for why the homeless are a target well simply they are an easy target. And most will not be missed and most will not raise an alarm bell when they do go missing.

11. scheherazade Northern Horse Whisperer Valued Senior Member

The following story deals with the senseless murder of just one person in Toronto, Ontario, in which the offender was caught and brought to justice.

http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/a...-for-murdering-beloved-homeless-woman#article

In countries where the numbers of homeless may be a significant percent of the population, there may not be the resources to adequately address violence against the homeless.

With the economic downturn, the numbers of homeless are increasing in the wealthiest nations of the planet, a reflection of what has been happening in the underdeveloped nations all along, only just now becoming a visible concern to those who monitor and mentor our 'economy'.

The poor have even been with us, as recorded history demonstrates. We are a largely competitive species, as are many others, and we prey on our own without much conscience.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

12. chimpkin C'mon, get happy! Registered Senior Member

This is tangentially related...but since this thread is active I'll post it here.

On July 5th in Fullerton California, police beat a homeless man who may or may not have been breaking into cars and ran when confronted.

An eyewitness interview I can't find ATM said he was beaten and tasered for 15 minutes straight, well past the point where he was resisting.

The man, Kelly Thomas, was taken off life support and died a few days later.

This link has a pretty disturbing photo in it: if the video is what I think it is...My work filter won't let it play...and it'll be much worse, as in I did not watch it:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...r-gentle-mentally-ill-homeless-man-death.html

And here's something else that turned up about the case:

http://www.ktla.com/news/landing/ktla-fullerton-police-brawl,0,6541396.story?page=1
    So...if you are homeless, are the police your friends or your enemies? if they are your enemies and going to possibly attack you...then what recourse do you have if someone decides to use you as a convenient target to take their hostility out on?

I once talked to this homeless drunk guy...I don't know if this is true or not, I believe the guy may have been lying. But his teeth were a jagged wreck...and he told me someone had ran up one night, nailed him with a baseball bat, THEN looked at his face, said ," Oh man! wrong guy! I am sooo f'ing sorry!" and then ran off leaving him with a mouth full of wrecked teeth.

And this guy I was talking to was homeless then, too...so no pressing charges, no victims' compensation fund to fix his teeth, the police would just probably arrest him if he tried to report, he was a known alcoholic street bum.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

While I don't like alky street bums, I think they ought to be protected from getting beat up and killed too. They may be annoying, but they are human.

13. billvon Valued Senior Member

Probably nothing directly; it's probably been building up for years. Generally such violence proceeds in stages:

-A group of people (Muslims, Jews, homeless, blacks, illegal immigrants) is identified as a problem.

-People's prejudices engage, and they rationalize their dislike of the given group with any of a dozen facile reasons (they cause unemployment, they bring down property values, they are all criminals, they're stupid etc.)

-Pundits use that dislike to unite people behind their cause and gain power (i.e. conservatives against illegal immigrants, hardworking americans against shiftless blacks, patriots against muslims)

-Dislike turns to hatred and increasingly severe measures are advocated to deal with the problem ("send em back to Africa", "build a big fence", "bomb bomb Iran" etc)

-Once violence starts, it is justified by appeal to those same facile reasons ("they're taking our jobs!")

By the time violence breaks out, the people engaging in it often do not even see their victims as human - they see them as a disease to be eradicated, and see themselves as nothing more than reasonable people correcting an error.

We have, unfortunately, gotten very good at this sort of thing since it is a necessary part of warfare.

14. charles brough Registered Senior Member

Yes, I have an explanation. There is a significant part of the Russian people who are ultra-national and Nazi-like. In fact, only they praise the fanatic who murdered all those people in Norway. It is his way-of-thinking that is probably behind the murdering of the homeless. It may even be that there is a significant number of helpless Muslims in those they have murdered.

So far, they are unorganized, but if they do come up with a unifying ideology, they could organize and become a serious problem for the more Westernized Russia we have known since the fall of the Soviet Union.

Brough
    http://civilization-overview.com
    I hate nit-picking responses

15. whynot Registered Senior Member

Sad! This tents to be history around the globe repeating itself. Blame the homeless for the state of things going wrong. Its as if its a crime to be homeless and seems to hit everywhere with verying degree's of hostility. You have your Nazi's in Germany, You have your white supremist groups here in the U.S. In Africa , the poor seem to be the biggest target for genicides.

They're easy targets, and its a cowardice way to think their doing something productive.:shrug:

Basically a hate crime and should receive long term punishments.

16. peterk301 Registered Member

I agree it's wrong to scapegoat the homeless. It's like blaming the victims.