My theory of personality types

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by Kimani, Jul 5, 2011.

1. Kimani Registered Senior Member

Hello, my name is Kimani and I am trying to get a Wikipedia entry for my theory of personality types. Here is a summary of my theory and the three types.

Math can be used to understand the human condition. Metaphysics and modern psychology are explored using a formula. This formula transcends those beliefs.

Archetypes are primal symbols of people. These same archetypes are building blocks in determining personalities. Many individual archetypes are found in people at the same time / over a lifetime. These archetypes separately show fragments of people's unconscious minds. These archetypes combined display a large part or portion of the unconscious mind. When organized into groups of two they spell out psychological conditions. What seems random at first becomes very familiar when placed in a different context.

There are six archetypes in this equation. Each archetype represents a distinctive trait. The Child relies upon others. The Hero is troubled. The Mother is empathetic and comforting. The Shadow is a symbol of apathy. The Trickster lacks morals and standards. The Wise Old Man is insightful.

The six archetypes are divided into three sets. There are two archetypes in each set. The combination of the two archetypes in each set results in a model for psychological conditions. What makes people unique and special is determined by what archetypes are found in them the most.

There are eleven psychological conditions / types used in this concept. They are asperger's syndrome, bipolar 1, bipolar 2, cyclothymia, avoidant, codependency, dependent, borderline, histrionic, narcissism, and sociopathy. The similar elements of these conditions unify them. They form an entity. These entities are used to define an individual. A person will gravitate towards one of these three entities much more than any of the others. Three characters are used to symbolize humanity. Society is divided into three essential segments.

Artistry, Professionalism, Opportunism

The Designer, The Professional, The Charmer

The Designer

Archetypes:
    The Hero - troubled
    The Wise Old Man - mentor / guide
    Tendencies: withdrawn, creative, insightful
    Dominant Capabilities: composing, equating, calculating
    Conditions: Asperger's Syndrome, Bipolar Spectrum

The Professional

Archetypes:
    The Child - dependency
    The Mother - nurturing, devoted
    Tendencies: generosity, dedication, sacrifice, humility
    Dominant Capabilities: consoling, comforting, compromising
    Conditions: Avoidant, Codependency, Dependent

The Charmer

Archetypes:
    The Shadow - back-stabbing
    The Trickster - devious, sneaky
    Tendencies: impulsive, manipulative, egocentric
    Dominant Capabilities: enticing, seducing, tempting, exploiting
    Conditions: Borderline, Histrionic, Narcissism, Sociopathy

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

What evidence do you have?
    What studies have you done?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

Borderline WHAT?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Kimani Registered Senior Member

Borderline personality disorder

8. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

Are these:
    not personality disorders?
    If so then "borderline" isn't.

And I'll ask again:

9. skaught The field its covered in blood Valued Senior Member

So basically your taking Jungs work and claiming it as your own...

10. Kimani Registered Senior Member

They're all personality disorders or conditions.

As far as studies the archetypes match up or are equivalent to the disorders / conditions. I've organized them according to their equivalency.

11. Kimani Registered Senior Member

On my website for my theory I give credit to Jung. I recognize his influence on my work.

12. Me-Ki-Gal Banned Banned

good luck with your quest . Who is Jung ? That sounds familiar ? Google Google Google

13. scheherazade Northern Horse Whisperer Valued Senior Member

My observations would be that many 'personality types' are the result of physical and psychological disorder within our individual biology.

Our personality expression is an outward reflection of our inward state, and one which many learn to control and modify to some degree when faced with working within larger groups.

Animals or humans, when a change in personality is expressed that deviates from the established pattern, look for physical or psychological factors to be at play......illness, change of habitat/diet, or a loss of some sort.

Just my thoughts on the topic, only subjective evidence to offer.

14. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

There are those who give and those who take. Wackos and non wackos. lovers and haters.

15. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

Still wrong.
    "Borderline" is an adjective: one could be borderline asperger's, bipolar 1, bipolar 2, cyclothymic, avoidant, codependent, dependent, histrionic, narcissist or sociopath, but "borderline" on its own doesn't fit.

Please show how they are "equivalent".

Your "work"...
    I'll ask again:

16. Kimani Registered Senior Member

Borderline personality disorder is an actual disorder. It has things in common with narcissistic personality disorder and histrionic personality disorder and anti-social personality disorder (also known as sociopathy)

When I was listing the disorders in my theory I just shortened it to Borderline instead of saying Borderline Personality Disorder. I shortened the names of the others I listed too.

The troubled nature of the Hero archetype and the insightful nature of the Wise Old Man archetype are equivalent to the troubled but insightful nature of people with Asperger's and Bi-polar disorder.

The nurturing nature of the Mother archetype and the dependent nature of the Child archetype are equivalent to the dependent, needy, and submissive nature of people with Dependent personality disorder, Co-dependency, and Avoidant personality disorder

The apathetic nature of the Shadow archetype and the devious nature of the Trickster archetype are equivalent to the manipulative and apathetic nature of people with Borderline personality disorder, Narcissistic personality disorder, Histrionic personality disorder and Sociopathy.

17. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

Yeah:
    Evidence?
    You persist in making claims yet so far you've shown nothing to support those claims.

For the fourth time:

18. Kimani Registered Senior Member

I'm not understanding why you are asking for evidence. These disorders actually exist. It's just a matter of being aware of the traits of these disorders / conditions and realizing that the archetypes can be used to describe them. It's nothing that requires further research.

19. Kimani Registered Senior Member

It's a theory that builds on existing research and existing theories.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2011
  20. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

I'm not disputing that they exist.

But I am questioning this: how do you know these archetypes are of any use? Why do we need these archetypes?

You mean you've just made it all up?

So far it's NOT a theory: it's a claim. With nothing offered to support it.

21. Kimani Registered Senior Member

Well it's always going to be a matter of opinion whether the archetypes are of use. It's not really worth having a debate over. If you don't see any point to them then I guess you don't see any point in a lot of the ideas of Carl Jung. He's not for everyone.

How could I have made all this up? I took an existing theory of Carl Jungs and I took disorders from the DSM and I showed how they are equivalent to each other. I don't understand why you would ask me if I made this all up.I think maybe you just don't understand what I'm doing.

22. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

No, you haven't shown how they are equiavlent. You've simply claimed they are.

Because until you actually show that they are indeed equivalent then we have no reason to think it's anything other than made up.

23. Kimani Registered Senior Member

Like I said before its just a matter of being aware of the traits of the disorders and conditions and realizing that archetypes can describe them. I really don't think you understand what's going on.