politics. can it be replaced by intelligent leadership governed by pursuits of growth

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by nitram22, Mar 17, 2011.

1. nitram22 Registered Senior Member

Not without a break down of our social structure and revolution to remove all political class and rebuilding of our way of thinking,

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Me-Ki-Gal Banned Banned

The secret!! Shush don't say it out loud. Some one will hear you . Growth is bad. Business = bad . Didn't you get the memo? Tax em out of existence was the agenda out line on my memo

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. quinnsong Valued Senior Member

Growth is bad for Americans! Haven't you noticed their obese!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Me-Ki-Gal Banned Banned

Ah Yeah !! We are not called fat Americans for nothing, except Me and my family are not fat. We eat Deer and Elk , which is free from Mad Cow I might add and very lean . Plus it is cold weather in thew winter months and that burns fat right off the old body . Montana paradise if you can take the winter. We have 2 seasons = Winter and Sumner like winter . Just joking we have a real Summer for a couple of months

8. nitram22 Registered Senior Member

It's many a truth spoken in jest. And it is true that the average American is in fact, self absorbed, gluttonous, and has an overly vain view of his own self importance. I, being American am ashamed to be so proud. I am proud of what this country was meant to be, at the same time ashamed of what we've become. We allow our government to blatantly lie, cheat, and steal from us, as well as create laws that, step by step, reverse what was established by our Constitution and put the demands of corparate interests before The American people. How is it that the majority vote by the people be ignored by a corporate/ politically controlled electoral college? That is not "for the people by the people. But as long as the middle/ upper classes get pacified by some sort of promise,( which is never followed through on ) they ignore the problem w/ the indifference shown toward a dead cat in the street.
    If we are to move forward we need to remove our blinders to see where forward is. My fellow Americans... WAKE UP!!!

9. quinnsong Valued Senior Member

When Americans stop being entertained and CONSUMED w/ all the new shiny glittery baubles, maybe they will join other workers in demanding the more important things like living wages, reasonably priced higher education, affordable healthcare and real justice in the courts. The struggle for the individualistic American (which is reinforced by our economic system and its super structures) is to become more collective through goal orientation(common goal) , forget our diffferences and ignore the divisive forces and build our own organization. In reality this is what unions do and why corporate America and many in government are systematically destroying them through outsourcing and now collective bargaining restrictions! The organization we need is already in place all we need to do is build it up!

10. chimpkin C'mon, get happy! Registered Senior Member

Not if you're a for profit-cancer hospital! It's a real growth industry these days!

11. nitram22 Registered Senior Member

Well stated. I must add though, that it's a different world than a century ago, and without question it must be realized, there are certain absolutes that should be held as beyond foremost as a rule of leadership... Integrity and honesty with all that pertains to the common public interest. That a platform geared to set aside the " Those who have the gold, make the rules" approach and put the best interest of all first on their agenda.
    Second, push for the advancement of international efforts to creating ways to
    look beyond our shrinking world, and to go other places to find other havens, holding new answers. Instead of depleting all resources and running out of plausible choices.
    But thats seems idealistic and naive. Doesn't it?
    Fuck off, if you think so.
    We have the alternative choices and the ability to find a way to create such things. Trust me. I would know.

12. chimpkin C'mon, get happy! Registered Senior Member

Um, okay... *fucks off*.

13. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

It could be but there are to many people that are only thinking about themselves and their cronies out there that would only get back involved within any system that you might create that could do so.

14. Rhaedas Valued Senior Member

"all experience hath shown that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed."

Always been true, and I would say that most Americans that have the ability in some fashion to make changes, whether that be to just their own way of life or on a larger scope, don't because of this human characteristic. We tend to wait until we're forced into a corner to make large changes, and it's the very few that take chances before then.

15. Me-Ki-Gal Banned Banned

You see that is the thing right there!! Growth is artificially diminished, yet there really still is growth. Cancer being one of the real growth factors . Also population growth is expected to continue to swell to 9 billion before the population crash starts . Approx. 7 billion now and swelling to 9 is a lot of growth. The work force is taxed in the way of high production expectations , low wages and government tax needs to fulfill obligations and promises.
    Yet main street business is suffering too. Main street gets lumped into big corporation so when we attack "Big business" "small business" feels the effect , yet the politicians bail out the Big Business. Small Business is for the most part just working stiffs not much different than the common work force, but the average work force sees them as the enemy by the lumping of the 2 together. Who wins in the end ? The Politician and Large Corporation to big to fail and the rest of us are to be sucked dry to keep them rolling in the power positions. We can get down on the consuming American and blame all we want , but consider this : We are manipulated and bare a heavy burden ( THe working poor Middle class) all in the name of keeping the system going . Now consider the crash of wall street and how that little catastrophic event stripped the average American that worked in the machine all there born days to build a retirement so as to be able to take care of them selves when we can no longer work due to old age . Now how many will have to continue to be slaves to the economic system while big corporate entities thrive and amass more and more huge profits. Anyway It is complicated and the answers are daunting . Catastrophic collapse of the system may be the only way to get off the tread mill . I don't know ? I do know there are to many people 1 living in denial 2 willing to do anything to prop up the existing system . So what do we do ? Your guess is as good as anybodies

16. Emil Valued Senior Member

I do not understand what you mean.
    "Politics: (from Greek πολιτικός, "of, for, or relating to citizens"), is a process by which groups of people make collective decisions."

17. Me-Ki-Gal Banned Banned

I am all for that . The key phrase for Me would be PEOPLE and not just a select set of ruling class types making back door deals with the people that flip the bill so they can stay in there power structured silos while the common person drops further into despair. Now that is the real agenda of the Tea Party. I am not a tea partier though for there is to much baggage that goes along with that one key element . I can't support other parts of there agenda , but that one Yes 100 %

18. nitram22 Registered Senior Member

The key to success in this type of radical change is in where we direct our taxpayer dollars. Education should no longer be the target of budget cuts that make teaching an unwanted career choice. Education should be the largest recipient of public funds. Also, there should be an incentive to those with idle funds encouraging support to our schools. We should raise the standard educator wage AND reduce class sizes. while giving the tools necessary to teach effectively. In the long run this will pay off in the quality of our future workforce.
    Opening a longterm expansion goal will also create jobs. To put these changes on hold just tightens the noose on any realistic hopes of bringing to fruition a better quality of life for future generations.

19. Me-Ki-Gal Banned Banned

I agree with you totally . There is a problem in the field of education too. Administration costs is a factor . It just keeps going up up and away . More money to be had as an administrator than a teacher and that to Me is so wrong. Administration costs are eating up the world at an unprecedented rate and this seems to be true in any profession. Stinking Attorneys inciting people to make more laws so we need more Attorneys so they can incite more people to make more laws so we need more Attorneys to incite more people to make more laws . When will the absolute madness end?

20. nitram22 Registered Senior Member

We should sue the entire Bar Association and all of its constituents. But we would need a lawyer.

21. quinnsong Valued Senior Member

Always handy to have a good lawyer!

22. quinnsong Valued Senior Member

Keep the marketplace out of determining human worth is a start! Having an entity determining our livelihoods based on what is going to progress mankind and not what is profitable for a select few!

23. Me-Ki-Gal Banned Banned

How to do that? The Entity has away of being the new class warfare. Are you suggesting people wake up to politics as it relates to corporate greed? Elect people who care about our future as a whole or do you mean more administration costs that drain productivity and impose there personal agendas on society as a whole whether they like it or not . The Feds put a value on a human life and it was degraded just as the economy started to crash . I saw that as a bad thing were as most people didn't even notice or care. I care and you are valuable in my book of life. All of you out there are valuable in my book