Sociopaths

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by skaught, Feb 20, 2011.

1. skaught The field its covered in blood Valued Senior Member

I've always been fascinated with anti-social personality disorder. I've read oodles of books on them, and tons of shit on the net. I feel like there is nothing left that is easily available for me to learn more. Does anybody have any resources to find more info on the subject? Books, Articles, websites etc...

I'm fascinated by the fact that there is no known way to treat this disorder. Particularly because the sociopath does not acknowledge that there is anything wrong with being the way they are. When they are confronted with what it is to be normal, they wouldn't want it. Why would someone choose to have a conscious who does not already have one? When not having one allows, so many possibilities?

I'm glad I have one, even if it is perhaps, a little overbearing at times.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Me-Ki-Gal Banned Banned

I'm a good example. My Aunty Social she is alive well and cooking with gas . It is not always a choice to be like this . That is why it is hard to change someone like me. My biggest thing is my Megalomania. Yeah I have had it licked a couple of times for long periods , but lately I just can't seem to find my way back to a stabilized mind. Like I might be staying gone this time. Hope not for it makes it hard to function in the real world. My dyslexia gets worse and just to look at a friggen form makes my head spin . Like the necessary paper work to get a pass port. It looks like chicken scratch. I know I need to fill it out , but something is mentally blocking out the ability to accomplish the task. I don't know the only time I feel all right about anything is when I hear music , but this makes my Megalomania worse. When I was a hard butt builder I didn't listen to Music and I made everybody turn it off . I didn't have megalomania problems then , but just as soon as I started to listen to the song again , blam off my rocker I fell. I can't imagine giving up on the song again, but it makes my Megalomania almost unbearable and drives Me into more reclusive mind sets. Of course yahoos that dink the dog don't help much either

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. birch Valued Senior Member

all i know is that the existence of sociopaths proves the universe is evil imo.

it's one thing to read about sociopaths, but it's another thing to actually have been a victim or worse have had sociopaths have control and power over you from a young age or even from infancy. that is the worst hell and it happens. i would have rather never existed or been born if i could change the past, nothing is worth that constant trauma and torture. they literally try to make your life hell every moment of your life and every single day with very few breaks. whatever angst they feel whether it be from their job, relationships, personal ego, or even petty issues they will use you to take it out on. the key reason and what makes sociopaths really evil is that they really are very and deeply intrusive in the psyche and person of their victim. this is the key reason why they are so dangerous and so destructive. this can be ignited from just general dislike or even petty jealousy. they are really like parasites but what is so frightening is how the sociopath learns and is fascinated in knowing their victim even more closely than people who love you. this is because when someone actually loves and cares for you, they respect some level of your privacy as well as your 'space'. as twisted as it is, sociopaths have no respect for other's boundaries and can literally become like a personal demon in your life if they set their sights on you, knowing you more deeply than anyone else but for the worst reasons imaginable or unimaginable. sociopaths want to know your dreams, your values, your most intimate and subtle feelings, habits, wishes etc so they can destroy you from the inside out. this devious desire is coming from the most nastiest spirit possible to want to pervert, obstruct, damage or destroy systematically and continuously to augment their own feelings of inadequacy. and even if those issues or those petty reasons didn't exist within them, then they would just use you in general if they could. for intance, a sociopath may be trying to destroy you because of their own personal feelings but while they are at it, they could be using you sexually or beating you up or getting you to be their slave in some way or whatever they can use you for. they want to get into your "soul" and control like a rapist just like your life belongs to them to use, steal or destroy at their whim. they are the worst cowards and deviants. you just wouldn't think anyone would go to such lengths to destroy another person or have that type of deep and dark hatred. this is their way to make up for their own failures by getting satisfaction in destroying or sabotaging someone else they see as being the 'opposite' or different. contrary to popular belief, sociopaths also are choosy in their victims too. it's not like they just randomly victimize anyone, there is no satisfaction in that. also, if they are random, they will be exposed. sociopaths understand politics really well (again, status quo) as it's their forte as well. they attack those that are not of their "tribe" (not necessarily race-related) so they have back-up or a supportive base. sociopaths are repulsively hyper-sensitive and tuned into other's minutae weaknesses, areas of vulnerabilities and strengths to exploit which good people don't focus on as that's not on their radar. it's whoever's 'blood' they sniff out so to speak or piques some issue or area of inadequacy or failure or sense of difference, which will create a vendetta within them. the sociopath is extremely sly and covert, very reptilish. the sociopath or sociopaths (sometimes they team up) can end up being the one to define your life more than anyone else because of the level of deep devastation they wrought. this is because a sociopath's real aim is to destroy the person at the root level literally. this is not about squabbles though the sociopath may try to front it as such. this stuff is predation and doesn't have to have any legitimate reasons except it be deep, dark and sinister. that is how frightening and horrendous a true sociopath is. it's not retardation or stupidity or insanity etc. they really know what they are doing and even relish it because it is evil, perverted, harmful, degrading etc. if one ever has the horrible misfortune of glimpsing or getting close to a sociopath, there is nothing more hideous. sociopaths are extremely malicious, narcissistic and seething with jealousy and hatred but this can be hidden fairly well when they decide to. i've also noticed they have a 'my way or the highway' type of modus operandi which lends itself to a rather prejudicial and narrow-minded streak so they get along with more conventional type people or that is usually the type they make friends with; more toward right-wing, authoritarian, very status-quo from outside observation etc.

also, the ones you see glamorized on television like serial killers are not always the most devious ones. most of them are psychotic with some sociopathic traits.

a sociopath does things in ways where they don't get caught or they won't get in trouble with the law and even use deftness. most sociopaths escape detection. their perversity can be subtle and passive-aggressive as they flip/switch on a dime depending on the situation and the people around them (who is watching).

Last edited: Feb 20, 2011
  6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Me-Ki-Gal Banned Banned

me, yeah you pretty much got it except the eagle fly's with the dove so no worries my dear. My megalomania is not to hurt or gain riches and power, mine is I think I should be loved. Most the time I do feel loved but when I don't that is when I feel reclusive. Now it is a good thing I am not quite as bad as you say we can be . for the world would be in big trouble with my skills of terrorizing peoples thoughts. Mainly I try to lift peoples spirits . Elevate the contrite spirit. So people will feel better about them selves. You just caught Me on a bad day I guess. No hard feelings ? Now I know who you are I won't attack you again. I will know to play nice for I can see you are plenty worthy of friendship by some of your other post. O.K. Anybody else want to look into the mind of a Mad Man? Oh I must have flipped a switch Kissy Kissy

8. birch Valued Senior Member

please, i can tell you are not a sociopath and certainly not what i was posting about. you are just confused.

9. wynn ˙ Valued Senior Member

First of all, it is not clear what "normal" is, and there is plenty of debate on this topic in various disciplines.

In a way, sociopaths have the innate ability to spot other people's bullshit and the fact that society does not have effective means to overcome this bullshit.

People generally like to think of themselves as "good" and "normal" - but when scrutinized, it turns out that there are many problems with these concepts, namely, that they are logically unsound and rationally indefensible.

10. birch Valued Senior Member

this does not surprise me coming from you. i also know this is what you gleaned from my post as that is how your twisted little mind works. you construed the invasive personality of sociopaths (for the purpose of predation) to mean they have an "innate ability to spot bullshit." how pathetic. from your posts in general, it would not be surprising if you admired sociopaths which are rapists, murderers, and child abusers being the main three. you either don't understand what a sociopath is or you are trying to pull someone's leg. i sometimes think you write things oppositely thinking that it's clever insight. also, you seem to have zero life experience from just about all the posts i've read. it's as if your posts are all abstract spins on what you've read hoping that it might be true, again, thinking you are clever.

it would seem like perhaps (randomly aiming at a dartboard like a blind idiot) that sociopaths can spot other's bullshit but that's not the issue with a sociopath. sociopaths are "users". use a brain-cell. even an average middle school student understands this better than you. why do you think it's called socio-path??? their aim is to 'use or abuse' people. "spotting bullshit" has nothing to do with it, they take advantage of people if they can. if they can't do it in the world, they may do it to those they do have power over such as perhaps beat up their wife, take advantage of family or abuse children. sociopaths are full of bullshit. if you've ever lived with or been a victim of sociopaths, then you would know that. do you ever learn anything from posts on this forum? i just explained that sociopaths are like corrupt politicians. they are liars and deceivers. even most teenagers know this or by that age. you, again, are commenting about something you know nothng about as usual but trying to sound like you do even using cold and unrealistic logic. it is not indefensible or illogical to stop or be against sociopathy. just as people would not let their loved ones be raped or let someone rob them or be against child abuse etc. these are all sociopathic behaviors. according to your retarded logic, it is the sociopath that can spot bullshit and is the logical one. if you are saying it's logical to be a sociopath, then those are your values and that's fine if that is what you esteem (i hope you can meet one soon as well to be your friend) but it is just as logical and just as understandable to be horrified or try to defend against violation and predation.

sociopaths are also cowards and hypocritical. they also are narcissists so it's easy for them to exploit others.

if sociopaths really do have an innate ability to detect bullshit, it would be a positive for society. unfortunately, they are more full of it.

my sociopath was pedophile and a baptist preacher. this fucker is so full of shit he actually believes that dinosaurs fossils were put on earth by the devil to trick people into believing in evolution. everything out of that fukers mouth is half-truths or outright lies. you are right though, he is very good at reading people in a certain way but that's because he focuses on ways to exploit people more than others do. if your aim is to shoot below the belt and are a deviant then you will be focused on that more so as well as devote more energy and thought so thus become an expert. you call it "spotting bullshit." lmao. the only reason he focused on other's "vulnerabilites" is to exploit them. do you know what the most attractive 'vulnerability' is to a sociopath?? drumroll: innocence or good will. it's easiest to exploit. it's not really that sociopaths don't have faults, weaknesses or vulnerabilties themselves, it's just that they are not exploited as most people may not operate to such dire levels. so for the most part, in a sociopath's world, they are given free reign to exploit as most are not like them or those who are like them would not be seeking them out for predation. you are confusing predation to 'spotting bullshit'. for instance, a rapist waiting in the bushes to attack a passing jogger is not out to "spot bullshit." in your interpretation and really overreaching and stretching, this could be construed as idiocy or 'bullshit' on the jogger's part for jogging alone for instance or without the means to fight back. but in reality, it just means that it's not safe to jog as rapists are out there who don't respect other's rights.

signal, at least understand the rudimentary meaning of the word 'sociopath' before you post.

you make the strangest, illogical, uninformed and most off posts i've ever read on this forum with the occasional exception by some religious nuts.

11. Stoniphi obscurely fossiliferous Valued Senior Member

It is my understanding that sociopaths have a disconnect between their actions and the results of their actions. They literally do not connect what they do with what will happen to them for doing it at the time they are acting.

Sociopaths also seem not to feel as deeply as normal people and often completely lack any trace of empathy.

Many serious criminals are sociopaths. A few years back a study was done on Indiana's death row inmates awaiting execution for various heinous murders. 100% of them had easily discernible brain damage from serious long term childhood abuse.

A lack of mirror neurons may be the cause or same could be disabled or malfunctioning, we are not sure yet. There may be various reasons for this condition. It is pretty much incurable though, sadly.

As for the OP's question - I got my education on this topic in university psychology classes on Abnormal Personality Development. Those are probably available online now or in some of those 'at home learning course' dvd's.

12. Lilalena Registered Senior Member

"The Mask of Sanity" is a downloadable book. It was written by the pyschiatrist who (not sure about this though) originally coined the term 'psychopath' in the 50's. I meant to read just the first chapter when I found it by accident, but ended up not sleeping that night - it is pretty fascinating.

13. skaught The field its covered in blood Valued Senior Member

Do you by chance have a link?

I've never heard of mirror neurons. Can you tell me more? Or I suppose I could just wiki it

14. Mircea Registered Member

Of course you can treat it. Insert a knife at the base of the skull and scramble the brain.

Yes, that is exactly like sexual predators. In the history of humankind, there is no evidence that any sexual predator has ever been rehabilitated. They are defective, just like sociopaths. They see their behavior as completely normal, and you are the abnormal one, because you do not want to rape women, or sodomize small children (and murder them) or because you think it's wrong to expose yourself and masturbate in front of others.

It's the way their brain is hard-wired and the only way to "fix" it is to re-wire their brain and that cannot be done (at least not at present and probably not for several centuries).

Why is their brain hard-wired wrong? Their born that way. The initial wiring is defective, when it hard-wires during the first year it is defective, when it hard-wires again during puberty it is defective, and when it goes through its final hard-wiring (usually between 18-25 years) it is defective.

15. Me-Ki-Gal Banned Banned

I am far from confused . I live my life to take over the world . From my first dream at 5 years old I knew it . I know that was not what you where posting about, You where posting about someone that hurt you terribly bad in a bad way , I would say it was while you where still a child and went on for a long time before you where able to get away. Just because I am not out to hurt people does not mean I don't have sociopathic tendency. I would have , but as they say kill bill, and Bal was murdered pretty good by everybody . It was part of the process of making Satan lay with the lamb. I don't mean this as a religious statement either. I can say with out a doubt " I can see what Jack the ripper saw. It is the click of time . The human instinct . I can see when a person will turn right or left and in that make them turn the other direction. I am a person of prey . The only difference is the things I manipulate are not the average things a sociopath manipulates. My desires are different than Jack, but my determinism is as equally strong. I plot an plan the same plan for 45 years now . Funny thing is I can now start to see the results of it in a big way . Many times I almost gave up , but my determination would not allow it. Most of you out there will think I am confused I know and you think my backwards ways of dyslexia is a confused state. I only have one thing to say about that Caveat Em-tor ( Spelling?) Let the buyer be ware

16. superstring01 Moderator

ASPD (antisocial personality disorder) is the new "hot issue" in the corporate world these days, and most companies (like mine) are now starting (if ever so slowly) detailed training on how to spot and manage those with forms of ASPD. Corporate settings attract sociopaths/psychopaths like moths to a light. Huge financial rewards, herds of mindless sheeple. Do the math.

For HR and corporate purposes, sociopaths are those who don't adapt well. Psychopaths are those who are just as emotionally numb, but who excel at camouflaging who they really are. Whereas the sociopath struggles to fit in, the psychopath will become the skilled manipulator.

In either case, those who do the hiring (HR and managers) are trained (and not very well) at spotting and passing over both during interviews. Many make it in (especially the psychopath), and that is where HR has to be very careful in making sure they spot "scheming" and "plotting". It's common to have backbiting in the office world, so I would imagine that it's important to see who's taking it to the next level.

I work with a lady who I'm certain is a sociopath. She's slightly obvious, and it's sad. She's a compulsive liar who not only cannot remember what she's lied about, but when cornered with evidence that she lied, continues lying in the face of all available evidence. She actively "schemes" behind people's back (none of whom trust her and all of whom discuss her plots with eachother). She has zero ability to accurately sense other's emotions (a very precise indicator of psychopathy/sociopathy; often times confusing genuine laughter for cutting snickers; a warm smile for a condescending look; a pleasant remark for a snide comment). She's forever inquiring who is talking about her behind her back. She cannot, even under the best conditions, accept constructive criticism, no matter how padded with pleasant sounding words. Lastly, she cannot contemplate ownership for her actions. If a mistake is made, it's someone else's fault; if a problem about her is brought to her attention, she blames the accuser for being a tattle-tale.

It's an interesting subject. What's more, when you delve into the various defined facets of ASPD, you see how many people in our society fit into those descriptions.

~String

17. keith1 Guest

Surgical strike--
    Lasers focus an energetic burst, at a predetermined wiring location, and the cauterizing redirects an unwanted pathway. Future medical advancement may include non-evasive entanglement solutions.

18. Me-Ki-Gal Banned Banned

This definitely looks like a subject you know something about. Your passion is grand too. We whackos don't always have to be in it for our selves . Look at some of the crazies that did good things , Like Jesus , Gandhi, all though it is said he slept naked with several teenage girls every night all naked too. It was to test him self is what he claimed. Funny test I am sure you would understand was not normal behavior to make a point. How many times did he slip up before he got it right?

19. Mrs.Lucysnow Valued Senior Member

According to Dr. Hare a specialist on psychopathy you cannot 'choose' to have a conscience. Its simply a module that's missing in their makeup and so not being able to choose is what makes them difficult to treat. Its not really a mental illness in the sense that they suffer from something but more an indication of who they are. They understand right from wrong but not having the ability to empathize means they have no boundaries in relation to others.

20. Mrs.Lucysnow Valued Senior Member

Birch I think you are right that most do not understand what those terms are describing. The don't understand the narcissism and pure predatory nature of the personality. Its interesting that there are so many people who admire the sociopath/psychopath as if it denotes some kind of strength or freedom but the truth is that this group does not have a choice and so I don't see why they are considered free unless constant lying, manipulation and violent aggression are signs of freedom and strength, but I tend to see this fascination as a glitch within american culture, in keeping with their hero worship of outlaws.

If you ever get the chance watch the documentary 'Deliver Us From Evil'. Its disturbing but very enlightening on the complete lack of self-awareness on the part of these types vis a vis their crimes, their victims and perverted disposition.

21. birch Valued Senior Member

there is a lot of misunderstanding when it comes to stereotypical definitions. there are a lot of beliefs that are not true.

contrary to popular belief or knowledge, there are sociopaths that can empathize as well as have boundaries in relations to people. it's not that sociopaths don't have feelings, actually they are very emotional but being emotional does not necessarily equate to being ethical. a sociopath plays dirty to gain. it's just that what makes a sociopath different from what is a non-sociopath is that the former does not operate on the basis of a "general" sense of humanity. when a sociopath sets it's sights on a victim, there is no sense of humanity or regard at all whereas a regular person would have some values, ethics or exercise some self-constraint. a conspicous mark of most sociopaths is a deep or cruel/cold sense of prejudice or bigotry. i know a lot of this inside information because i was a victim of sociopath and those in complicity with it.

a well-known example is jeffrey dahmer. he cared for those he chose to care for or what he saw as his 'tribe' and did not predate on them.

there are those who enslave other people but don't do that to those who are their friends or family. there are those who go to other countries to rape five year old kids while they may have friends, family, co-workers, and community back home they care about who know nothing of what they do. these are all still sociopaths.

22. Mrs.Lucysnow Valued Senior Member

Not according to Dr. Hare. They can only mimic empathetic emotion and form boundaries based on their overall goals, that's not the same as understanding boundaries as a rightful protection of another's space and being. To empathize means 'co-feeling' to feel with another because you understand what that feeling is yourself. A psychopath cannot do that.

I suggest you take a look at this. You don't have to watch all five parts the first part introduces the concept of the psychopath vis a vis emotions: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zA9-RB3runE

23. birch Valued Senior Member

well, some people need to experience something to get insight. perhaps you are that type or you won't believe it.

i don't know how many examples i will need to post before the narrow-minded fixation on one particular definition is believed to be the only truth according to "dr.hare".

sociopaths don't have feelings? i lived with one for most of my life so i think i should know more about it. experience over some guy who just probably interviewed some psychotic killers (they tend to be insane). sociopaths are not insane. i think i have more common sense insight.

it's unbelievable how people don't know this. sociopaths are some of the most highly emotional and touchy people that exist. it's just that their emotions tend to be self-serving or about their needs or wants with less consideration for others. this is not an accident, it's a value system. it's a dangerous thing to offend a sociopath as they tend to be very vindictive. oftentimes, you don't even need to offend them on purpose at all as their egos are so overbloated that they get offended easily anyways.

of course they understand boundaries (psychos may not) as well, it's just that they don't respect them when it gets in the way of what they want. they know it's not right but that isn't the point, it's about getting what they want. that's a very easy thing to understand.

my sociopath tortured me from the time i was a child in every way possible and every single day. they, however, did not do that to their own family, friends, or their own children. why would he? he cared for them. again, the basic difference between a sociopath and non is that the sociopath does not care to have a general sense of humanity. this stems from their narcissism so those who they identify most closely are the ones who they may extend the same rights as to themselves by respecting their boundaries but not to those who they see as 'prey'. not all sociopaths are the same and don't fit one particular profile.

let's use a past and well-known example. back in the day and especially slave-traders are sociopaths but that doesn't mean they didn't have a sense of emotions or care for those they chose to care for. even today, there are those who are trafficking humans. that doesn't mean those people don't have friends or family etc that they care for. sociopaths are not exactly like psycopaths (they fit more the definition of those who are insane and literally incapable of feeling empathy or distinguishing). psycopaths because they are insane tend to end up exposing themselves more readily. ironicly they are less guilty than sociopaths because they are totally insane. sociopaths are waaay more dangerous as they do understand emotions and manipulate people. they do things much more covertly and hide their tracks much better as they are better aware.

on the contrary, one would learn a lot to listen to me on this subject as i've "lived" it, experienced it and seen first hand how sociopaths operate and even those who enable them. i could even write a book on the subject.

let me explain what you are missing. this is how a sociopath would deal with an emotion with another person they target as their prey. they do understand those feelings of the other person BUT they are not out to have 'co-feeling' or empathize with them. they are out to use it or to exploit it.

whereas, with those they care for, they are there to have 'co-feeling'.

again, again, again i cannot stress this point more is that sociopaths just don't abide by a general sense of ethics.