A request from me to everyone.

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by EmptyForceOfChi, Feb 5, 2011.

1. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

I would like to request something from each of you please.

In your day to day life from this point on could you try to be mindful of your thoughts and emotions, each time you get a negative thought try to counter it with a positive one and act upon the latter when-ever possible.

I am not asking this request so that you become better people I wont lie, This is not about self help it is of far greater importance.

When you meet new people try to actualy make a connection with them and make sure your emotions are genuine and positive towards them. When you see strangers give you bad looks approach them with an open hand and shake it and bless them.

Do not raise your voice in anger anymore, do not eat the blood of animals make sure the meat is holy it will make you less angry inside.

Do not fight with people using negative emotions be it physicaly or verbal, open doors for people and show manners everywhere you go. when you are insulted also try to give a compliment and kind word of advice in return.

Every action you do matters alot, the small things are important and we must maintain a very positive attitude as a whole.

Thank you,

Peace.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2011
  2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

The only people with whom you should try to get even are those who have helped you. ~John E. Southard

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2011
  4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Pinwheel Banned Banned

Did this guy have a stutter?

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Shadow1 Valued Senior Member

morals are very important things, anyway, here's a good advice; it don't look beautifull as it is in arabic, but, here it is, don't be very nice that you will be kind, used, or, exploited, and don't be very hard that you get broken

8. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

9. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

ooops!

10. Stoniphi obscurely fossiliferous Valued Senior Member

Jewish, Muslim and some Buddhists will agree with you on that. The rest of us....not so much.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

I recall that you are Orthodox Muslim though. I am not, thanks. The only "holy" in my book is Swiss cheese.

Yes, Farsi script is beautiful, like a lot of other things we make. I sorta prefer Tilings of the Plane or Space myself. Also portraits.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Hows about we add "don't mistreat or abuse women" to the above to sort-of even things out?

11. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

I hope you're not talking about the old-fashioned barbaric way of killing mammals by letting them bleed to death while they're conscious. Anyone who does that should be executed by the same method, and so should the people who support him by buying his meat. It's animal cruelty and it should be outlawed.

12. nietzschefan Thread Killer Valued Senior Member

No Halal meat where you live? Happens at nearly every slaughter house in Canada now. Anything to make a buck.

13. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

Yes of course in the Washington DC area there is a huge Muslim population and many markets and eateries serve halal meat. Many butchers are certified both kosher and halal so they can serve both markets, since the rules are virtually identical.

My question is whether the slaughterhouse practices have adapted to the oncoming steamroller of animal rights, and found a way to prevent the animal from suffering while still delivering meat free of blood and also not offending the imaginary supreme being.

Orthodox Jews went through this process when beards went out of fashion and they started looking like tourists from another century. They "discovered" that the proscription was only against cutting the skin, which is always a risk when shaving with a razor. Some influential rabbi decreed that it's obvious that most electric shavers shear the hair rather than scraping the skin, so God wouldn't object to Jewish men "trimming their beards very short" that way, any more than he objects to cutting their hair with scissors.

I'm sure a rabbi will figure out how to drain the blood from a mammal (birds don't have the same kind of nervous system so there's no problem with them) without causing it any pain and still technically maintaining Kashruth.

Otherwise, that animal-rights steamroller will flatten both Orthodox Judaism and Islam in this country. Freedom of religion/schmeedom of schmeeligion: don't ever stand in the way of an angry ARF. They make Al Qaeda look like pussies.

14. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

A helpful suggestion on requests to everyone

Why, I whole-heartedly agree.

For example, before someone goes about calling all non-Muslims filthy, maybe they could reflect for a moment on whether that would be considered a negative thought, or action. One could then ask: how could such a negative thought or action be countered? Could one offer compliments and kind advice in return? Or could one just refrain from making such egregious, vicious and unfounded errors.

Let's all try to follow that sterling example.

15. nietzschefan Thread Killer Valued Senior Member

Some places stun the animal before cutting the neck completely (not spine). I have no idea what that feels like and we have no idea what pain cows feel under any of the conditions we put them through. I think they do deserve a quick death at the end after the horrors of their lives. If they don't stun the animal, it's an argument of if they feel pain when/during the blood letting of an almost completely severed neck(except the spine) almost anyone with knowledge of nerves can tel you : YES THEY DO! Doesn't stop the arguing over it.

I don't understand why they don't like to allow stunning for any reason for the halal method.

16. darksidZz Valued Senior Member

You can't brainwash me!

17. domesticated om Stickler for details Valued Senior Member

18. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

They are my emotions, and I value them. Please do not try to place a virtual policeman in my brain.

19. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Silence, you! Chi can see inside your filthy head, filthy boy. And he will pour filth on that filth.

20. Me-Ki-Gal Banned Banned

You are a dink. Sorry guy who started the thread. It is Me the Satan Heathen and you better stop telling people to kill Me. You would be surprised at what people do for me and I don't sell the meat I eat the Meat. There ain't going to be any executing going on heah. I have guns . The same ones I use to kill and bleed animals with. "Deadly Feast" by Richard Rhodes Read it and then you can really freak over meat eaters. Watch out you might get mad cow anyway after reading this book. For the power of suggestion is Strong.

Sorry Sorry Sorry. I am a Voodoo heathen after all , Sorry Sorry

21. Me-Ki-Gal Banned Banned

You people don't have a clue do you. You see small slicing of the worst of the worst and think that is reality. Wake up day dreamers. Go out to the country and get educated . Cows lead a wonderful life in green pastors and are happy fat suckers like you dog. In fact Dairy Cows live better than your stupid dog . Oh really !Yeah Really! Come to Montana and we will show you around . Show you how you don't have a clue except for what your peta buddies program you to think. Robot Bill to butt clown it is a big fat lie

22. Me-Ki-Gal Banned Banned

You are busted ! turn around and put your thoughts out of your mind. No freedom of thought allowed . The days of Freedom are over Buddy. IT IS illegal and ignorance of the law is no excuse

23. Me-Ki-Gal Banned Banned

Sorry I am a rebel . I come to make change . I am not here to play around , but to be blunt and try to wake you up to reality. I know where your going with it all and I do agree that every thought and every statement has impact on life as a whole. Dude you have to demolish parts of the old house before you can fix it . Plain and simple. I know you don't like hearing that reality and would rather live in denial of a happy flower child world , but buddy it is no where like that and it takes shock to root out the devil. Thats why we fight , Thats why we violate , I will die with my arms unbound. Now I don't believe in violence and I would never hurt some one just to hurt them , but love is a balance . You got tough love and you got motherly love, both are unconditional . It is a hard thing to show tough love for you don't want to hurt peoples feelings, but hey sometimes you got to do it. If your son was a drunk beating woman to get his kicks out on , don't you think a correction in attitude is in order? Consider the Forbidden City and how someone approached that didn't belong there. Chi myster they didn't play tiddly winks . I remember something about 3 heads in a bag on may 3rd if I recall right. Yeah Dali Llama stuff alright. Oh and for you Meat condemners out there yeah Man the Dali him self eats meat. He eats it for health reasons . Meat makes you smarter too. So do cigarettes. Cigs and Meat. Yeah Breakfast of champions