Question of the day

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by theoneiuse, Jan 20, 2011.

1. theoneiuse Theoneiuse Registered Senior Member

In all honesty can you love a human bieng without bieng physically attracted to it? How important is physical attraction, what is attraction, what is physical attraction? Are they both the same thing?wave particle duality?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

People fall in love with people they've never seen and only know through correspondence and phone calls. I suppose that's less common now that so many phones have cameras, but it still happens.

Physical attraction usually accompanies love, but it is not 100% essential.

After all, blind people fall in love just like we do. The first thing you and I notice about someone is their physical appearance, because we can see them before we can sense their presence in any other way. People who can't see seem to do just fine in love without that ability.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

It would be very hard to do, but not impossible, for everyone at some point will see whoever they are attracted to. I'd think that one could possibly fall for someone without seeing them but I don't know whether or not they still would love the person after they did meet them in person.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. theoneiuse Theoneiuse Registered Senior Member

Behavours of homosapians are they biologically hardwired, perhaps socially manipulated, maybe just selfish beings willing to sell thier souls. The female sepecimen seems to treat physical attraction
    With little or no importance when choosing a mate, while the males it might just be the most imporatant factor. Which sex is more shallow does this shallow feature of contradictions help the species are just create isolated groups bent on destroying the species violently altogether?

8. theoneiuse Theoneiuse Registered Senior Member

So then if man and women create a union which is truly superficial, the man wanting the female specimen to most attractive or the female not caring if the man is attractive at all, as long as he can make her believe. Matter of fact to the contrary
    does physical attraction even exist? And if it does then what is it, how much subjective versus objective.

9. theoneiuse Theoneiuse Registered Senior Member

So what is it that make Sapians shallow. Is it fear, lack of confidence in judging the true characters of mates, pride, ego?

10. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

I couldn't love an ugly person romantically. There has to be some physical compatibility. There are enough ugly people out there to fall in love with all the other ugly people.

11. NMSquirrel OCD ADHD THC IMO UR12 Valued Senior Member

there are different types of love..
    Eros (sexual love), Filio (brotherly love), and Agape (divine love)
    (those terms are farther down the article)

it is wise to be aware of which type of love you feel for the other before you commit to anything..

12. theoneiuse Theoneiuse Registered Senior Member

If sapiens can solve these in-congruencies it would be better than any technological advancement sapiens in this current function can be able to achieve.