Were is the origen of modern man

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by yaracuy, Jan 20, 2011.

1. yaracuy Banned Banned

If modern man migrated from Africa
    a) from what area in Africa
    b) sense European modern man become white skin
    c) why did the modern man in South Africa did not become White skinned sense Spain and South Africa are at the same latitude ?
    d) Was there any Neanderthal skeleton found in the African continent ?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. dbnp48 Q.E.D. Registered Senior Member

Get your answers here:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_evolution

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. gmilam Valued Senior Member

These are interesting questions.

My understanding of the current logic for skin color relates to amount of sunlight and vitamin D. Typically the further from the equator, the lighter the skin color.

As for question D. (From the above wiki link.)

Also interesting.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. yaracuy Banned Banned

Nearly all modern humans have 1% to 4% of their DNA derived from Neanderthal DNA. This 1–4% bit of DNA is only present in non-African humans.

What does it means non African,
    So do the African do not have inbreeding with Neanderthal ?

8. Stoniphi obscurely fossiliferous Valued Senior Member

1) Non - Africans are people that do not live in Africa.

2)No. The Africans stayed in Africa and the Neanderthals didn't go back to Africa for sex as they had our ancestors for that.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

9. yaracuy Banned Banned

. The Africans stayed in Africa and the Neanderthals didn't go back to Africa for sex as they had our ancestors for that.

So the so called African migrant evolved into Neanderthal hominid in Europe ?

10. dbnp48 Q.E.D. Registered Senior Member

Here's a quote from Wikipedia:
    "Europe is thought to have been colonized by northwest bound migrants from Central Asia and the Middle East. When first anatomically modern humans entered Europe, Neanderthals were already settled there."

Here's a link that covers it:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Early_human_migrations#Exodus_from_Africa

Look in the "Europe" section.

11. glaucon tending tangentially Registered Senior Member

What do "were" and "origen" mean?

Once that's cleared up, I'm sure the thread might begin to make sense...

12. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

Origen is the Spanish word for "origin." "Were" is an old Germanic root meaning "human," as in "werewolf."

13. glaucon tending tangentially Registered Senior Member

lol

Nice one Fraggle.

Alas, I should have been much more explicit with respect to my meaning...

sigh

14. Stoniphi obscurely fossiliferous Valued Senior Member

OK, it has been cleared up, is the thread going to start making sense now? :shrug:

15. josnan33 Registered Member

hi,
    friends i am new
    one here.

thanks

16. wellwisher Banned Banned

There are two possible definitions for modern man. One is based on biology and the DNA, while the other definition based on the modern human disposition and the propensity for civilization. As an example of the contrast, the wolf may look like a dog and share much of the DNA, but the modern dog is much easier to train in terms of human needs.

The biological modern man appears to start in Africa over a million years ago and migrates from there.

The human propensity for civilization begins with agriculture and animal domestication about 12,000 years ago, when hunter-gatherers in the Near East broke from the long human tradition of intensely mobile foraging and turned to more settled ways of life built around cultivating cereal grains or tending animals.

Mesopotamia is often attributed as the cradle of modern civilization. The history of ancient Mesopotamia begins with the emergence of urban societies during the Ubaid period (ca. 5300 BC).

17. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

Until quite recently the dog was classified as a separate species, Canis familiaris. After DNA analysis, it was reclassified as a subspecies of wolf, Canis lupus familiaris. The major physical differences are the dog's smaller brain (an adaptation to the lower-protein diet of a midden scavenger) and teeth more suitable for an omnivore than a predator. The major psychological differences are a weaker alpha instinct and a much more gregarious attitude that even socializes with other species. All of these differences facilitate their comfort with a multi-species communty, non-hunting responsibilities, and humans as the alphas.

The human breeding cycle is thirty to forty times as long as that of the dog, so during this same time period we have not had as many generations of evolution. Therefore we are, ironically, less well-adapted to the civilization we built than our dogs are. So we have to rely on reasoned and learned behavior to overrule instinctive behavior, while our dogs happily go through life doing what comes naturally to them.

18. yaracuy Banned Banned

Until quite recently the dog was classified as a separate species, Canis familiaris. After DNA analysis, it was reclassified as a subspecies of wolf, Canis lupus familiaris. The major physical differences are the dog's smaller brain (an adaptation to the lower-protein diet of a midden scavenger) and teeth more suitable for an omnivore than a predator. The major psychological differences are a weaker alpha instinct and a much more gregarious attitude that even socializes with other species. All of these differences facilitate their comfort with a multi-species communty, non-hunting responsibilities, and humans as the alphas.

I go along with your position,

Thanks

19. Stoniphi obscurely fossiliferous Valued Senior Member

Oh crap! I was just getting used to letting my Labrador do all of the thinking for us.

20. Read-Only Valued Senior Member

No worries, that's just fine.

One need not be the Alpha (big boss) to do all of the real thinking in a group. For proof-positive of that, just look at most big corporations!!!

21. Stoniphi obscurely fossiliferous Valued Senior Member

You are quite right, of course... Guess I should just continue to let the dog take care of this stuff for me.

I will go back to chasing sticks!!

22. Read-Only Valued Senior Member

Me too. Besides, in these tough economic times, I've developed a bit of fondness for chewing on wood bark.

23. Brook Registered Member

From my point of view modern man is not only in Africa, they could be any where in the world because it is the sense of a man and the society in which he stay's which makes him modern. So it's not sure to find him in Africa..