Strange Things You've Seen?

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by darksidZz, Jan 18, 2011.

1. darksidZz Valued Senior Member

I want to know first-hand accounts of strange things you've witnessed, whether paranormal or just idiot friends / neighbors. Think hard of something and share it with us.

Oh, the oddest thing I saw was in Los Angeles on the freeway early in the morning, police were driving into one lane and another, later I learned it was somehow meant to slow traffic =/

Also lately I've been seeing people releasing Ubuntu modified and calling it their own distros, which I laugh about because nothing has changed except the theme and PPA's used =p Dumb!

Strangest thing I heard ever was a girl say she loves me when we never met yet lol Crazy girls!

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Pinwheel Banned Banned

I once caught a fleeting glimpse out of the corner of my eye, but when I turned to look but it was gone. I cannot put my finger on it now, the child is grown.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Gremmie "Happiness is a warm gun" Valued Senior Member

After reading your post, I feel kinda numb...Comfortably numb even..

Strange..:scratchin:

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

i have a funny story, a disturbing one, and a paranormal one. the disturbing one wins hands down for most strange, but i'll start with the funny one.

the house next door to me is rental property...a big old duplex. several years ago, there was a quintessential white trash family living on the side closest to my home, and the houses are only about 10-15 feet apart. mom's on pills, dad's on crack, 6 kids, and various friends/relatives in and out constantly.

so i'm lying in bed one night, and i hear glass break on my patio. i can't remember if i heard music coming from next door or not, but i assumed that the glass came from next door. so i listened to jesus and resisted the urge to go over there and complain. i decided just to clean it up in the morning myself and not say anything.

and about 15 minutes later i hear another glass break on my patio, so i decided to go outside and investigate. standing on my patio, i look up at the second story window next door, and see the funniest fucking thing i have ever seen in my life. there were three guys dancing. no girls. just three white dudes, age 18-20 maybe, in wife beaters, baggy pants hanging off their skinny asses, gold chains, dancing with each other in a little circle to some rap music. i stood there for a good long time, waiting to see a girl walk by the window, or trying to figure out what the fuck, and of course grinning ear to ear. no girls, no party, just the three dudes. fucking hilarious!

so i waited for the song to stop and i hollered up, "hey!", and one of the dudes poked his head out the window. i said, "hi. could you guys please not throw your beer bottles out the window?" and he was all apologetic and offered to come out and clean it up right then. the poor things just didn't even know it wasn't cool to do that, and i understood...i had met the parents. i told him it was ok, and that i would clean it up in the morning, but to please not do it anymore, and bid him good night.

and laughed my ass off for days remembering the sight of them.

i consider the sight a reward from god for not going out there the first time and ripping them a new asshole.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Last edited: Jan 18, 2011
  8. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

the paranormal story is the afternoon i sat on my couch and watched a piece of stationery, and a package of envelopes morph shape on my coffee table "all by itself". that was fucking weird.

stone cold sober, middle of the day. shut up.

9. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Lori, no one can compete with you for strange stories.

10. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

a group of friends and I saw a ghost

we cal her the dead girl............................................. she was kinda cute

11. Gremmie "Happiness is a warm gun" Valued Senior Member

*Strange things you've seen*

I actually saw someone return a $100 bill that had fallen out of a guys pocket, back to him..

This happened in L.A. ..Trust me, that's a very "strange" thing indeed.

12. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

that's not even the best one! i don't have time to type the disturbing one out right now, but i will. i posted it a long time ago here in free thoughts i'm pretty sure. do you remember the story about the s&m style probable kidnapping i witnessed in an applebee's parking lot?

omg, i just remembered the child molester i had in my section one night that i had to send a report to the police about. how could i forget that? it was too creepy and horrible...

i hope that motherfucker...repents.

13. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

I saw half a person's head, sliced down the middle, with the brains and everything inside. Also a big grey plastic box full of arms and legs with the skin removed.

A friend of mine, who was a medical student, in Germany, had failed his exams but he still had his pass to the anatomy lab, so I pretended to be a student, and we examined various human body parts and bodies. I wanted to do some sketches, but we didn't have much time there.

14. Gremmie "Happiness is a warm gun" Valued Senior Member

Holy hell Lori....Are you some kinda magnet for weird stuff or something?...LOL

15. Me-Ki-Gal Banned Banned

Now that is funny, you get a gold star from my own heart for that one. Yeah they grow like weeds, really fast.
    The strangest thing I ever saw was a meteorite burning hot flaming ball of fire fly across the view of a series of transom windows in my living room. I jump up and said " What the hell was that but by then it was gone. The next most impressive strange thing was a rocket , pretty good size fly across the sky and explode . Leaving Me to wonder . What the hell is going on and then hearing on the radio it was a test rocket that exploded no worries. It was in the Sacramento valley close to the meridian line heading to San Francisco at about 5:45 in the morning. Maybe a couple of months before the earthquake that happened during the world series .

16. Me-Ki-Gal Banned Banned

Oh I can't resist , My pie hole needs some exercise. Your endorphins must be? Never mind . Remind Me not to get on a plane or a bus with you. If we find our selves together it would probably be in a hole like Saddam Hussein was found in and I just might be the one bound and gagged. Don't hurt me scary girl , Hugs

17. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

haha. i didn't do it. i just sat there and watched. :shrug:

18. Stoniphi obscurely fossiliferous Valued Senior Member

Once I had to pull over on the way to work during a heavy rain storm. While I sat there waiting for the rain to back off enough to get going again, I saw a ball of lightening drop from out the sky to the top of a telephone pole across the street from me. It went from the top of the pole to the ground, where it dissipated. Then the pole just sort - of collapsed like a burnt match stick. I moved on, much impressed by the power of lightening.

19. Cifo Day destroys the night, Registered Senior Member

I listened disapprovingly to the guy above me trash his apartment, only later to learn that he had fallen against his desk and knocked its contents onto the floor while suffering a fatal heart attack.

20. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

I was on my motorcycle once driving in the desert when a rainstorm hit. After it was done there was this beautiful rainbow so I wanted to see where it ended and started heading towards one of the rainbows ending areas.

When I arrived there I found a Navajo family and a few of their neighbors all sitting around talking with each other. They invited me over and I sat down between them. They were telling stories of places they have seen in their "vision quests". That was a very strange thing to have happen to a white person in the middle of a desert after a thunderstorm. Those "visions" they had were far out by the way. :cheers:

21. Rav Valued Senior Member

If you combine all of the differences, conservatism and intolerance that exists across all of the cultures of the world the only artwork that would be acceptable to everyone would be pretty pictures of flowers and sunsets. But even then someone somewhere would figure out a way to become offended by it and then explain their insight to everyone else so they could become offended too.

Art is inherently controversial and when it's not it's just pretty pictures. I'm not saying that all artists are trying to be controversial of course, but the act of expressing oneself freely and honestly has that danger built into it. So what are you going to do? Restrict the artist to themes that have a low probability of offending too many people? Be selective about what pieces you include in an exhibition? Censorship to promote understanding? Or could we instead call it artiquette maybe? What is art again? I've forgotten I think. I'm gonna go watch some more episodes of Rescue Me now. Awesome show.

22. Rav Valued Senior Member

A Navajo family at the end of a rainbow. Now that's art

23. MacGyver1968 Fixin' Shit that Ain't Broke Valued Senior Member

My pot-smoking, no-vacuum cleaner owning, bachelor friend's apartment flooded one time. After a few days, he and I returned to clean up and found his living-room carpet covered in thousands of 1" tall pot plants.