FEMA

Discussion in 'Pseudoscience Archive' started by faerieshaman, Sep 7, 1999.

1. faerieshaman killer of terrorists Registered Senior Member

Had an interesting conversation with an ex-employee of Fema who quit because she was disgusted with the cover-ups and the bullshit of the power hungry mongers that worked there. She also told me they have an underground complex fully equipped with computers and built to equip any disaster that may happen on the surface,she has seen enough to write a book which i may talk her into doing, but she still holds a security clearance and is a civilian working in the unit iam currently in. She says they do hold jurisdiction and more power than the president and congress. Just something to think about.

------------------
    Eric Cooper

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Oxygen One Hissy Kitty Registered Senior Member

I've heard that FEMA has more power than anybody knows. After all, what IS the definition of "Federal Emergency"?

As far as being able to handle any disaster that may occur on the surface, well...

I was thrown around by the Loma Prieta Earthquake of 1989. I thought the house was going to fall apart. After it all stopped moving so badly, many volunteer units formed to look after scared and wounded neighbors. Missing pets were rounded up and their pictures were posted all around town so that their owners could claim them. I was part of a unit called the Roadrunners. Our job was to find a route between the valley and Santa Cruz. My brother was attached to a flight that flew over Hollister and other cut-off towns to assess the damage. When we charted the path to Santa Cruz, we began running food and emergency supplies to Tent City in Watsonville. It was there that we saw the preparedness of FEMA. Let's just say I hope they found what they were looking for because their heads were so far up their asses. They genuinely had no idea what to do. Fortunately, because of our uniforms we were mistaken for military personnel and were able to press a company of National Guardsmen into service organizing the survivor's camps in orderly manners and helping family members find one another, as well as the setting up of the food distribution program. The Roadrunners were presented with an award signed by the President, the Governor, and the head of FEMA. It resides in my brother's office.

Those of us who were here at ground zero when the area shook itself to pieces were highly critical of FEMA and the Emergency Broadcasting System, which failed to operate. Maybe FEMA isn't geared to handle disasters at all, only dissidents.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. PhilG Registered Member

FEMA was often in the news a while back.
    But then, suddenly, it was not a big thing anymore. I wonder what happened with that?
    If I remember correctly, FEMA is tasked with helping the citizens of this country overcome natural disasters and nuclear war. Perhaps the bit about nuclear war was a bit optimistic, but they're there anyway. I'm from New England, and they had abissmal track records in the aftermath of several hurricanes and blizzards. Perhaps it's time to do away with FEMA.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Kraj23 Registered Member

FEMA does have more power than Congress and the President, but it can do less. Face it, FEMA is psychological only. We think there's help so we don't worry.

FEMA was behing covering up that supposed asteroid hitting earth 20-something years. It's gonna hit, they don't want us to know!

E-mail your Congressman, tell them you want a better Emergency Plan for the Asteroid in 20something years!

Help starts now, help starts here.

8. Rogue Registered Member

Listen to the stuff they say about FEMA in the X-Files movie. Just dialogue in a movie, but some serious implications to think about...

9. Vanja Registered Senior Member

Hey PhilG: Wyoming's not part of New England, as far as I know.

10. ltcmmdr Registered Senior Member

For some time I have always heard about FEMA being one of those secret type government agency.

------------------
    everything is not what it
    appears to be

11. truestory Registered Senior Member

Due to the increase in the negative effects of natural disasters on the population in recent years, FEMA has been stretched too thin. So many disasters, so little time and other resources...

12. 666 Registered Senior Member

Faerieshaman,

Somthing for you to think about, your IP is loged. If they are woried about security I would sure keep tabs on my workers and thier familys and friends. With the power they have if she worte a book it (mabye she) would never see the light of day.

Truestory,

Thats what they want you to belive!