OP has questions

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Rchoss11, Jan 11, 2011.

1. Rchoss11 Registered Senior Member

I'm not even sure how to start. I guess I'll introduce myself. My name is Ryan, and I'm a senior in High School. What I'm about to explain (not very well either) is just a thought of mine, not close to being any kind of provable idea. At least with my knowledge. This is my first post By the way.

First off, and this is where most of you will stop reading if you haven't already, I don't necessarily think that Einstein's representation of the Universe is accurate. The whole time space fabric. I was sitting in my Biology class this past year, and I started thinking about my thoughts of space and time, and how Einstein's theory couldn't explain mine.There are many stages that build up to what I call 'The shape of the universe'.

One: I believe in the idea of predestination. The concept of an unchangable fate. I can explain this easily to believers in a God by bringing up the 'all knowing' power of God. Obviously if anything knows everything, free will is not in exsistence, It's just an illusion. But I get the notion that, like me, most of you don't believe in a God, or at least one of the christian ideals. So to explain predestination, I use a theory I call " the theory of influence". Which basically shows time as a Domino effect. Everything that happens stems from something prior. This continues back, and back, and back, untill you reach the begining. I really don't care how it stared or why, but w/e. If you think about it, the influence thing is pretty legite.

Second: the laws of the universe, matter, gravity, pretty much everything in the universe can't just lay on a fabric of time and space. Now, since I have no professional knowledge of Calculus, Physics, or anything of the like, I may be perceiving his Space Fabric completely wrong. But anyways, for thigs to actually be affected by the laws of the universe, we have to be some how engulfed in the universe. Almost like we're living in a giant fish bowl, but surrounded with planes of time and space.

Third: There has to be a constant supply of energy to expand the universe, almost infinite, but it dies out. And I'll explain that shortly.

There are a few things I'm leaving out, but I metioned the most important things. So to the actual shape I've come to believe in, It's pretty simple. Space is seen as lying horizontally in the universe. almost an infinite amount of of planes, one lynig on top of the next, in a classic roundish outer limits of the universe. But time is the most important piece in my design. I see it as, once again, almost an infinite amount of planes. But this time they are vertical, all steming from the center of the universe. These planes are rotating from their axis through the universe, and ultimatley past us. Each plane the next moment in time. These planes are set in stone. There isn't anything you can do to change what happens in a point of time. It will happen and keep happening. But time isn't just time. There has to be a source of all the enrgy in the cosmos, right? Well, I believe that this constant rotating from the center of the universe is the source of energy. With this energy stemming from the center, it creates these planes that inevitably decide our fate. These planes move until the first plane that moved through us hits again, at which time i twill all start again. But this time maybe through someone else's point of view. Like we're all one being, experincing life in multiple ways.

I feel like I'm missing something, but i've gotten side tracked. I really want to hear people's opinions of my thread, and maybe some of their own ideas. I want to apologize if i posted this in the wrong section. But anyways, take it easy on me. I'm still in High School. And it never hurts to think

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Rchoss11 Registered Senior Member

I just put this on word, and there are plenty of errors. Sorry.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. 786 Searching for Truth Valued Senior Member

Sometimes you get headaches when you think, and when you make others think they can get it too. And sometimes if your ideas are explosive and hard to believe (that they are true) but hard to disprove you may give others migranes, so I'd suggest you rethink this opinion of yours

Welcome to SciForums.

Peace be unto you

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Rchoss11 Registered Senior Member

Ha, alright. Thanks, man.

8. prometheus viva voce! Registered Senior Member

How about an education?

Do not mistake what you are doing for thinking. Get back to the real pursuits of a high school student, like trying and failing to get laid, being moody and experimenting with alcohol and controlled substances.

9. Rchoss11 Registered Senior Member

Alright man. Chill out. I don't know why you have to come and insult me like that. I really couldn't care less about drugs or sex or any of that crap. I said from the begining I don't have an education in this stuff, so why even bother posting that response? And this was from a point of view of someone who hasn't had the oppurtunity to learn more about these subjects. This is almost like a child's imagination; unspoiled by people like you.

10. prometheus viva voce! Registered Senior Member

Even better, if you have a decent imagination, use it for something where an imagination is actually useful. A career in literature or art perhaps?

11. alexb123 The Amish web page is fast! Valued Senior Member

Hi RCH welcome to the forum.

Don't expect people around here to be nice, it just doesn't happen.

I like the imagination in your post, its interesting. But where are you going with it? Why do you believe this version of the universe to be accurate? Or most importantly how would you go about bridging the gap between imagination and hard science? Or, are you happy to say, lets see where the imagination will take you?

12. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Very creative! You should take some classes in physics so you know what you are talking about. The discovery of quantum indeterminacy proves that the universe is not deterministic, it is probabilistic.

Secondly, the universe doesn't need an input of energy to expand, the total energy of the universe is practically zero. Matter/ energy is almost exactly balanced by gravitational potential energy, meaning the universe looks as it should if it came from nothing.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2011
  13. tashja Registered Senior Member

What about dark energy?

14. RJBeery Natural Philosopher Valued Senior Member

Rchoss11: It's great to use your imagination to interpret the world. If the subject really interests you, I'd suggest pursuing an education in Physics to make sure that your interpretation meshes with observations in the lab, etc. It might give you the chance to expand your ideas, or change them if needed.

Also, prometheus, I don't think it's unreasonable for a high school student to come on a forum like this to share his ideas and expect civil responses from adults. You and I basically said the same thing, but you come across as a jerk.

15. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

Super Moderator note:

If someone posts a new thread and it seems a little out of place, could you please PM the moderator of the subforum with your observation rather than ridiculing new members. That way everything can be handled amicably without any name calling or temper tantrums.

As for the new member, As you might be aware you are welcome* to the forum and not everyone necessarily has had a good day and might vent their frustrations. We can't do much about that unfortunately.

[* Until such time that you are deemed a troll, a troublesome member or try to uncover the secret illuminati convent not really found here. Incidentally that's my best attempt at humour.]

16. prometheus viva voce! Registered Senior Member

Apparently I am a jerk, but I am a jerk that knows what he's talking about. I'm happy with that when faced with the alternative.

17. rpenner Fully Wired Valued Senior Member

To be fair "This may sound like a crackpot idea, but I swear I'm not on drugs." is a horrible essay title and/or thesis statement.

18. RJBeery Natural Philosopher Valued Senior Member

Being knowledgeable and being polite and are not mutually exclusive.

19. RJBeery Natural Philosopher Valued Senior Member

Maybe not a great title, but for a High School student with no Physics education I thought it was a fair disclaimer. You would rather he wrote something like "listen bitches, I have all this Physics stuff figured out!" He's just a kid sharing his daydreaming ideas. And regardless of its plausibility, intuiting Determinism is a decent feat.

20. prometheus viva voce! Registered Senior Member

knowledgeable > polite though.

21. alexb123 The Amish web page is fast! Valued Senior Member

Well said!

22. phyti Registered Senior Member

Then how can God hold people accountable for events beyond their control?

23. RJBeery Natural Philosopher Valued Senior Member

If I know what kind of ice cream my wife will choose before she makes the decision, is she not still making a choice? Is choosing an ice cream that differs from my prediction the only way she can exercise her free will?