KATANGA

Discussion in 'Pseudoscience Archive' started by Oxygen, Oct 1, 1999.

1. Oxygen One Hissy Kitty Registered Senior Member

Anybody here from Katanga? Clap your hands.

*chirp* *chirp* *chirp*

Okay, anbody here ever HEAR of Katanga?

*chirp* *chirp* *chirp*

Just for fun, ask your UN representative about Katanga and the wonderful events that happened there in the early 60s.

What's that? You don't know who your UN representative is? That's because you HAVE no UN representative. That's okay, though. Neither did Katanga.

Katanga was part of the Belgian Congo. When Belgium granted the Congo independence, the Central Congolese Government formed. The CCG soon became riddled with Communists (bear with me, I'm not channelling Joe McCarthy). The people of Katanga did not like this form of rule, especially when they found their mining revenues being sapped away without getting anything back in return. Katanga seceded and formed a democratic government founded off of the principles of the United States (the principles, not the actual practices).

Moise Tshombe, the democratically-elected president, soon led his nation back to economic prosperity. The CCG tried to force Katanga back into the decidedly lop-sided CCG. When the UN looked the situation over, it joined the fight to pull Katanga back under the yoke, regardless of the hardships the CCG was imposing on the people of Katanga.

The other nations in the CCG lived in classic third-world squalor, and made no attempt to hide their jealousy of the Katangese lifestyle. The UN decided that Patrice Lmumbe, a murderous, womanizing drug-addict, was who the Katangese REALLY wanted, whether they wanted him or not.

When Katanga started successfully fighting off the CCG, who invaded Katanga, the UN pulled some political tricks, acted like they were peace-keepers, and proceeded to set up Katanga as the agressor in the affair.

After establishing themselves as the major source of information to the media, it wasn't hard for the UN to convince the world that the evil Katangese were trying to rape and pillage the Congo.

From there it became open season on civillians, hospitals, schools, foreign journalists, children, and anything not wearing UN blue. They even got the dog.

Try to find Katanga on a map. They'll tell you it's a plateau. It used to be a prospering democracy.

Now, the same force that crushed Katanga has established itself in East Timor, where another nation has been granted independence, attempted to elect a democratic government, only to find "patriots" of the old system launching terrorist attacks on anybody who tries to vote. They even shot at the UN (missing, fortunately), which has given the UN the excuse it needs to roll in, impose martial law, and prevent another budding democracy from forming.

What does the UN have against democracy? Every UN secretary-general has been a citizen of a Communist or Communist-influenced country. The system that makes the US pay everybody else's UN dues has cost the US it's voice in council, since the US can no longer pay it's own bill.

I recommend, very highly, a book called "The Fearful Master". Get the one with the photos in it. The newborn with the shrapnel in it's body should speak volumes.

And don't even get me going on the UN charter and what they want to do with our kids. This is something I can quote directly.

[This message has been edited by Oxygen (edited October 01, 1999).]

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Kraj23 Registered Member

I know of Katanga. I also know of the UN and the UN Charter.

The US wrote into the Charter Imperial powers.

Even if we don't pay our dues, we can veto anything before it becomes law.

We can't EVER have a Secretary-General. Not US, not UK, not Russia, not PRC, not France. EVER

Consensus and Majority, anyone know the difference? I do. A consensus means no one's in disagreement, which means the decision is usually worthless. This is what happens in the GA (general Assembly)

i think the UN BLUE should have an Armed Forces.

There are enough UN officials bearing arms in the US to overthrow us.

Go UN!

Last fact: irrelevant, but interesting. We spend enough money on make-up in the first world to give basic health-care to all!!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Oxygen One Hissy Kitty Registered Senior Member

I'm not sure I get where you're coming from. Do you support the idea of the UN telling a nation that it cannot determine it's own course, even if that course is one of peace and prosperity, that it must accept a system that will plunge it's people into Third-World status?

------------------
    "Shine, sweet Freedom..."

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Vanja Registered Senior Member

Oxygen-Do you have more source material about Katanga? *chirp*chirp*chirp*

8. 666 Registered Senior Member

There are several books that I can refer you to, but since you are online here a 2 sites that might be of interest.
    The first is a site where you can order a video called "Katanga the Untold Story", which has a very interesting interview with Tshombe and newsreel footage of the U.N.'s actions in Katanga. http://realityzone.stores.yahoo.com/realityzone/katanga.html
    The second has more recent information on the congo and Rwanda. http://www.congo.co.za/index.html
    The book The Shadows of Power focuses mostly on the CFR, Trilateral Commission, and Bildenburgers but does go into the U.N. since the CFR was the founding father of both the U.N. and Trilateral Commission, which makes it a very good read.