Neighbours

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by Bebelina, Dec 23, 2010.

1. Bebelina kospla.com Valued Senior Member

I wished I lived far out in the countryside, with no neighbours for miles and miles, but unfortunately that is not the situation. However, I have managed to keep them at a healthy distance at home, but now when I'm visiting my dad then the rules are different. He has the habit to invite just about anybody that comes knocking on the door, and now one neighbour has taken advantage of this and comes by several times per day. This is not really my business, my dad can have any friends he like, but when I'm here, and a strange man comes ringing on the door at seven in the morning and sits in the kitchen talking loudly when I'm still trying to sleep kind of wakes up the not so flattering sides of my personality. I start thinking about knives and strangulation etc. This is not healthy. I've tried telling my dad that I wish he wouldn't let that person in, but he refuses to listen, and since he's got cancer and perhaps not long left to live, then I don't want to force it into an argument, but I feel that this neighbour has somehow gotten the wrong impression about me and believes that he is welcome to intrude in my private life. This is not the case, I would rather kill the guy than let him come closer than the apartment next door. So how do I solve this situation without comitting murder? :bugeye:
    Is there a polite but yet very clear way to make this neighbour understand that when I'm visiting my dad he is not welcome?
    I really don't want to talk with him myself either. He's the slimey stalker kind, that would live on a conversation like that for years. Should I call the police and report him for intruding and begging? (he always wants to borrow money from my dad, and doesn't always return it either).
    I have to stay here for a while, so it has become a problem.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. nazarein Registered Member

drive a wedge between the two, make political or social differences a topic.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Bebelina kospla.com Valued Senior Member

I was hoping for something like that when my dad couldn't find his wallet the other day and insinuated that the neighbour took it, but then he found it in his bathrobe.
    No, I don't want to engage in conversation with this individual. He's not worthy of my presence even.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Stoniphi obscurely fossiliferous Valued Senior Member

Avoid and ignore as best possible.

8. Bebelina kospla.com Valued Senior Member

That is my current tactic.

9. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Ask him to stop by at 9 am instead of 7 am for you are visiting and require more sleep. Ask him to undrstand that you will be there fir a short time and after you leave he can return to his 7 am visits. Also tall him how much you appriciate him for stopping by to visit your dad and keep him company during these very troubling days that your dad is gonig through.ask him if there is anything you can do for him as well for being so nice with your dad so that he will feel at ease with you and make it easier for him to comply with your requests. Just don't be demanding be kind and open to what he says. I am certain he will cooporate with your needs if you are nice with him. Good luck and I hope that you can comfort your dad as best you can.

10. Bebelina kospla.com Valued Senior Member

It's just that kind of slimey, false and disgusting behaviour I hate, can't I just chop his head off instead?
    He comes buy because he wants money.

11. Bebelina kospla.com Valued Senior Member

And knowing that my dad has been telling him stuff about me.

12. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Sorry, I didn't know that he was there only for money. But you stll could ask him nicely to come by later couldn't you?

13. Bebelina kospla.com Valued Senior Member

Yes, I could, but the topic was how to get rid of an annoying neighbour WITHOUT having to talk to him.

14. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Have your dad ask him then. That way you aren't there and your dad will do what you ask him to do I'm sure since it is upsetting you this much.

15. Bebelina kospla.com Valued Senior Member

As I said, I have tried to make my dad understand, but instead he thinks the neighbour is such a nice and helpful guy that I should get to know a little better, *wink,wink*.
    Which in turn is extremely insulting, but as said, my dad is not well and the illness have apparently clouded his judgement very much.

16. Bebelina kospla.com Valued Senior Member

But it could be that he's dying and thinks that anybody will do, as long as he's there to comfort me, but I am of a vastly different opinion.

17. jmpet Valued Senior Member

Benjamin Franklin said guests are like fish- after three days, you want them to go away. This might be the best advice there is on this matter.

And dude- "cancer" means "carte blanche"- he is free to do whatever the hell he wants to because he has cancer. Try going through it and you'd understand him a lot more.

Besides- everytime I go "meet the parents" I always have a host of excuses ready- from being tired to being sick to wanting to go out with the wife to eat to wanting to go out and hang out to having to get home a day sooner before the storm hits... make it up, man. You're on his turf.

18. Bebelina kospla.com Valued Senior Member

"Dude", "man"...you' re aware that I'm female right?

But yes, I know all that. That's why I'm complaining here instead of directly to him.

19. jmpet Valued Senior Member

Yeah- but let's forget about him for a moment and focus on YOU and YOUR STATE OF MIND. It has value. If you are uncomfortable, get your self comfortable- simple advice.

20. Bebelina kospla.com Valued Senior Member

I've tried eating, but that only made me fat.

21. jmpet Valued Senior Member

Think of a nice place. Then go there.

22. Bebelina kospla.com Valued Senior Member

Well, I can't really stand in front of the mirror all day.

23. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!