theory for signals to E.T.s

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by txrex, Dec 21, 2010.

1. txrex Registered Member

So the other day a buddy of mine was talking about this Intel developed "wi-fi" type of signal that when bounces off of buildings makes a stronger signal by putting more wavelengths in the covered area. Today I was reading about JAXAs hyabusa project and then this thought of mine sparked. Could we shoot a signal of some sort at a nearby/passing asteroid say Haileys comet for example and somehow have the signal bounce within the asteroid internally for an infinite amount of time? Comments please... I'm new to this, first time posting one of the theorys that are in my head.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. NMSquirrel OCD ADHD THC IMO UR12 Valued Senior Member

line the asteroid with a low energy loss reflective substance..

IOW the signal would decay as each bounce depletes the energy of the signal reducing it at each bounce till it dies..

this process does not take that long..(ppl smarter than me know the math)

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Asteroids won't hold any signals inside of them for they will either bounce the signals off or the signal will just pass through it. Why would you want to keep a signal inside the asteroid because signals are sent to go somewhere not to stopand bounce around inside a small asteroid forever what would be the point? :shrug:

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. txrex Registered Member

I was thinking that sense we watch and monitor asteroids maybe E.T.s would monitor them as well.

8. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Well, E T's already know that asteroids contain no living matter and only locate them to be sure not to run into them while flying around in space for they are a real pain if you collide with them at over a million miles a second. Asteroids are just chuncks of rocks, for the most part, and are made of nickle and iron.

9. Search & Destroy Take one bite at a time Moderator

and ice

...to be continued.

10. Bebelina kospla.com Valued Senior Member

Well, maybe a neat project if you have a semi-secret message to store in an asteroid, or just want to back up your computer. Maybe they will like that, as an odd little gift.