Parking Tickets

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by darksidZz, Dec 20, 2010.

1. darksidZz Valued Senior Member

Who's gotten them and why? I forgot about my car on the street and the sweeper comes today (Los Angeles) so I got a $45 ticket. Stupidly enough I'll be paying it with unemployment benefits so wtf they should just leave me alone they are idiots.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Look who's calling who an idiot. They are at least working earning a living doing something while you just park your car in an unauthorized place and get a ticket. If you had a job you wouldn't have gotten the ticket for you would have been at work. Get a job, idiot!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

I get one every year or two. The most common reason is being distracted and not noticing the parking meter, since I don't usually shop in areas that have them. I did once park in a handicapped space at the subway station, but it was snowing and I honestly did not see the sign. Fortunately in that jurisdiction it was only a $50 ticket.

I also get nailed by a photo-radar speed camera about once a year. That's $40 in my county.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Killjoy Propelling The Farce!! Valued Senior Member

`
    My last one was 20-ish years ago, when my Ford E-150 van broke down one Winter, and was ticketed for violating the "alternate parking" law intended to free up one side of city streets to be plowed, because I could not move the vehicle for a couple of days until the problem was diagnosed - some manner of electrical component, IIRC.

I remember this incident mostly because of the memory of going downtown to contest the fine - can't recall for the life of me why I had the free time to do so - and having to plead my case to some manner of adjudicating official who denied my plea for clemency, and whom I called a pompous fool, drunk with his petty power.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!