Looking Back at 9/11

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by jmpet, Dec 13, 2010.

1. jmpet Valued Senior Member

I was close enough to 9/11 to have smelled it- and I knew that smell: concrete, asphalt and dead bodies. The cloud that permeated NYC when the towers fell are thick enough for a million people to have smelled it.

I remember daily inspection posts all along my way to work after 9/11. Looking for what, who knows.

I ask you all nine years later- was it all worth it? The color-coded "safety level". the "anonymous threats" that came for years after... we were protecting ourselves from what all this time?

How effective was our government domestically after 9/11? Or in other words, how many other 9/11's did those measures cut off?

The floor is open-

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. darksidZz Valued Senior Member

None, the 911 incident was either FAKE or perpetrated by the NWO to gain support. All those safety measures were BS and dreamt up by uneducated idiots who thought the bombers were going to come back from the grave.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Well there wasn't another attack like that again was there? Although a few minor incidents happened they weren't as bad as 9/11 so I'd say that Bush made us much safer although we won't ever know how many attempts were stopped to prove its actual worth as a program.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Resilience Registered Member

Unless you can provide the Wikileaks link about it, then all the conspiracy theories are rubbish.

8. adoucette Caca Occurs Valued Senior Member

Total BS.

The KEY safety measure that was instituted was to prevent unauthorized access into the cabin of our commercial airliners.

You can't have another 9/11 if you can't comandeer the plane, and with the policies and hardware in place since then that is much less likely of an event today than it was on 9/11/01.

9. Idle Mind What the hell, man? Valued Senior Member

Isn't that reasoning kind of specious? There were no terrorist attacks on US soil prior to 9/11. So by your logic, Bush was the only president that failed to keep the country safe.

10. adoucette Caca Occurs Valued Senior Member

Actually I think the job of keeping us safe falls to the NSA, CIA and the FBI and from an aviation perspective, the FAA, so unless the president does something that prevents these agencies from doing their job, blaming this on him makes little sense.

11. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

"In the 1993 World Trade Center bombing (February 26, 1993) a car bomb was detonated by Islamic terrorists in the underground parking garage below Tower One of the World Trade Center in New York City. The 1,500-lb (680 kg) urea nitrate-fuel oil device was intended to knock the North Tower (Tower One) into Tower Two, bringing both towers down and killing 250,000 people. [1] It failed to do so, but did kill six and injured 1,042 people."

Also Pearl Harbor was attacked back in 1941.

Shall I continue with even more attacks prior to these?

12. MacGyver1968 Fixin' Shit that Ain't Broke Valued Senior Member

Say it ain't so Darky...Say it ain't so...you're a 9/11 truther?

13. ULTRA Realistically Surreal Registered Senior Member

Well it certainly wasn't fake, I watched it live on tv, and there was that big hole in the ground to prove it. And it was followed up, by the 7/7 bombings in London. Even a few yanks may have heard of it.
    We don't know 'cos the government always lies anyway about how effective they're being.
    Strange how a guy hiding in a cave can blow up the world trade centre, yet all those sitting in CIA headquarters al Langley Falls can't hit a cave in the ToraBora mountains. Strike one for Osama. Strike two. And Osama gets a home run. No wonder they think they are invincible, just look how pathetic his enemies (us) have been. It's a shambles.

14. adoucette Caca Occurs Valued Senior Member

Except he wasn't hiding in a cave until AFTER 9/11, in a part of the world where you can EASILY hide.

He was operating in the open, with good financing and the lead of the US team, Atta, was intelligent and dedicated to his cause.

Arthur

15. ULTRA Realistically Surreal Registered Senior Member

Arthur, given that, he should have been even easier to kill. If we can track Saddam to a hidey-hole on a farm in the middle of nowhere, how hard can it be? I'm sorry, I think complete incompetence is to blame. The CIA haven't got a clue what they're doing. Not now, not then.

16. NMSquirrel OCD ADHD THC IMO UR12 Valued Senior Member

actually..the first time i heard 7/7 was on the video of cnn vs imam that was posted on this forum..
    was wondering about that..

also security of the nation is the same as the security of a house...no matter how much money you spend on it, if someone wants in,they will find a way..

i miss the sky's on 9/11
    we live at a crux where most air traffic passes above us leaving jet trails ALL over the sky..when they grounded the planes, the sky was the clearest i have ever seen here..no jet trails..i miss that..

17. MacGyver1968 Fixin' Shit that Ain't Broke Valued Senior Member

The first time I ever heard of 9/11 truth was on this board...about 3 years ago. A few truthers started a few 9/11 threads, and I couldn't believe that they actually believed this nonsense.

18. ULTRA Realistically Surreal Registered Senior Member

No, 9/11 was the second and mostsuccessful attack. The US went to war over it. it definately happened..just try finding the north (or south) tower now..

19. adoucette Caca Occurs Valued Senior Member

Just means you have no idea of how desolate of an area he is hiding in and that he is doing so with the help of the locals.

Consider that Eric Rudolph had no problem hiding out for 5 years in the mountains of Western North Carolina even though at the peak they had over 200 FBI agents searhing for him.

Assigning incompetence to something when you haven't a clue as to how difficult something is just reflects on you.

Arthur

20. Idle Mind What the hell, man? Valued Senior Member

Your first example is accepted, but I disagree that the attack by the Japanese on Pearl Harbor is a terrorist attack. But I guess we're getting into the grey area between "act of war" and "terrorist attack."

21. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Japan was warning the US about not letting it get gas or other supplies before they bombed Pearl Harbor and warned about trouble if the US continued to blockade it. Wasn't the terrorist attack on 9/11 the same thing, a war developed from that attack just like the war happening after the Pearl Harbor attack. The point being is that you used Bush to make an example out of when he wasn't the only president that couldn't protect the US from attacks.

22. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

Terrorism is an attack on civilians or civilian infrastructure. An attack on a legitimate military target by a national military force is an act of war. If it's not a national military force it may be many things, such as insurrection or guerrilla warfare, but it's not terrorism.

23. iceaura Valued Senior Member

W did - he enmeshed them in a huge new bureaucracy, and politicized their internal operations, and intimidated their agents, and larded their executive oversight with partisan operatives as well as agendas.