Great words you've invented, or crap ones you wish you hadn't

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by ULTRA, Dec 10, 2010.

1. ULTRA Realistically Surreal Registered Senior Member

My claim to infamy is the invention of the word "Islamist" in a communicae to the BBC. Now it gets used for anything Islamic and dodgy. It doesn't actually mean anything, but it got hijacked by the BBC and now I hear it all over the place. I truly wish I'd never invented it.
    Does anyone else in Sciworld have a similar story, or maybe a really cool word that has been adopted - or should be?

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Beer w/Straw Transcendental Ignorance! Valued Senior Member

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. ULTRA Realistically Surreal Registered Senior Member

Wow! Excellent! Very funny too! I would say it's a bit hard for someone to get thier tongue around, but then, maybe not!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. tablariddim forexU2 Valued Senior Member

I invented 'sadgry'(c) but noone's heard of it because it only exists in an unpublished novel I wrote. It's just 2 words stuck together, sad and angry, and it's for those moments where you feel both emotions for the same reason. I also invented 'trepinition',(c) again 2 words stuck together, trepidation and premonition, it's like when you feel that something really bad is going to happen because of a certain action.

Both these words are now copyright, published here for the first time, no unauthorised use of these words is allowed.