What's your opinion on people today?

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Joaquin, Dec 3, 2010.

1. Joaquin Sleuth Registered Senior Member

I'm very indifferent to people. Yes, there's a lot of good, decent people out there -- but most are generally moronic and self important. Especially young people. They think the world revolves around them. So what's your views on people today?

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

That depends on which people you are talking about. There are over 100 different societies around the world and each has their own customs and way of life which differ greatly from each other. Even people of the same society differ as well. So please refer to which "people " you are wanting to know my views about and I will try to tell you my thoughts if I know anyone from that part of the world. As an example I think that most extremists really do not care about what others would want out of life but only want others to do as the extremists want them to do. Extremists want only their views known without reguarding what others views are even if they are close to theirs, no differences are allowed, its their way or no way.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. NMSquirrel OCD ADHD THC IMO UR12 Valued Senior Member

idiocracy.
    the more tech we get that encourages this, the more we will get like it..

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Joaquin Sleuth Registered Senior Member

Well, the western world in general. They live by consumerism and materialism. People don't think for themselves, so they let marketeers think for them. I guess there's no way to escape it. Basically sheep. Obviously not everybody is the same -- but most have the same traits. People will instinctively buy coca cola branded products, rather than go for the cheaper option most of the time.

Facebook is another example. People will flock and go to something which is well marketed. Why not say it sucks? Maybe form your own opinion. Well, no. Because people don't work like that. Easy way of making money is knowing the correct formula in how people work and function. People feel the need to be a part of something. It could be anything today. As long as its marketed right. People will follow and go with the crowd. The pack mentality.

I just feel people generally don't think for themselves anymore. Especially in the western world.

8. Gremmie "Happiness is a warm gun" Valued Senior Member

I would agree with you...But, that would mean I'm not thinking for myself.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

9. Joaquin Sleuth Registered Senior Member

Well, you adopt the same opinion. Which makes the internet great, Gremmie.

10. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

I enjoy people. Some are remarkably awful and some are remarkably wonderful, but on the balance the human race is ok. I certainly like the art, music, movies, food and products they create for my enjoyment.

I've had no trouble finding people I like and becoming friends. Avoiding the ones I don't like isn't quite as easy, but by this point in my life (age 67) none of them play such a large role in my life that I run into them often enough to give it much thought.

The only people whom I disliked very much and had difficulty avoiding were my parents, and they've been dead for more than ten years. For the last twenty years they were alive I managed not to see them more than two or three times a year.

Obviously there are people with control over my life whom I never see personally but nonetheless dislike. Every couple of years I get to vote against them.

Something to bear in mind: Most Americans spend more time at their job than on any other single activity--and for many that even includes sleeping. Therefore the people you work with will have a tremendous influence on how you feel about your life. Money, responsibility, making a difference, upward mobility, yatta yatta, sure all that stuff is important. But perhaps the most important criteria in choosing a job is, "Will I enjoy being around these people all day every day?"

I have a job like that now and it's pretty sweet.

11. Read-Only Valued Senior Member

I like MANY more people than I dislike.

And to address the main topic, people are actually no different today from what they have always been.

12. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

people today are the same as people have always been. their circumstances are just different.

13. visceral_instinct Monkey see, monkey denigrate Valued Senior Member

14. visceral_instinct Monkey see, monkey denigrate Valued Senior Member

Exactly how I find a lot of older people, ironically enough.

They think since they're older they're special and they know everything. To the point when I meet a non douchebag one I think 'Wow, I really respect him or her' for actually acting human. Sad.

15. birch Valued Senior Member

lol

16. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

i know a lot of people who are non douchebags, of all ages. maybe you guys just need to get out more, or in some different circles...

17. nietzschefan Thread Killer Valued Senior Member

THey fucking suck shit sums it up for me.

18. SomethingClever Registered Senior Member

There is no denying a lack of individuality and a general "sheep" mentality.

That said, between all the drones there are many, many amazing people.

Free thinkers face exclusion and isolation, but as they say
    "only dead fish flow with the stream."

Last edited: Dec 6, 2010
  19. birch Valued Senior Member

er..people have always been this way. also, people who were different from the majority usually do face exclusion. always been.

20. Bebelina kospla.com Valued Senior Member

I like four-legged people.

21. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

even if people are sheep (which we all are in some way), or douchebags (which we all are in some way), you can always find something good and unique about them if you try. in 43 years there's only been one person i couldn't find anything good about. not that he didn't have a good thing about him; i just didn't find it. i tried though.

22. John99 Banned Banned

9 trillion people in the world and you are telling me about individuality? What you call sheep emerly means you see the average. 7 trillion are averge, 1 trillion 900 billion and change are bleow averrage and the left over few hundred (at any given time) are above average.

23. birch Valued Senior Member

there is a guesstimate of a hundred billion people who ever lived.