Philosophical Health Check

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Gustav, Dec 1, 2010.

1. Gustav Banned Banned

Check your Tension Quotient!

To take the philosophical health check (PHC), go through the statements below, selecting for each one 'agree' or 'disagree'. If not sure, select the response which is closest to your opinion. When you have answered all the questions, click the 'submit' button and the results of your check will be generated.

The PHC does not judge whether your responses are right or wrong, so feel free to answer as honestly as you can. Each statement is carefully worded, so do pay attention to what each one actually says

http://www.philosophersnet.com/games/check.php

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Gustav Banned Banned

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

goddamn fucktards. i took the liberty of broadening the temporal scope of the "journey" question. all cars are electric.
    furthermore, stressing biological systems unnecessarily can have unintended consequences...health care vs green initiatives funding

i believe i squirmed out of that one satisfactorily, ja?

/smirk

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. woowoo Registered Senior Member

Is it safe to voluntarily submit to anonymous personality profiling? what happens
    to the data that is collected, do they log IP addresses? Yeah, I'm paranoid.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

I only had this "tension" and a tension score of 8, that was on the low side, whatever that means.

Questions 16 and 21: What should be legal?

68343 of the 167043 people who have completed this activity have this tension in their beliefs.

You agreed that:
    The government should not permit the sale of treatments which have not been tested for efficacy and safety
    And also that:
    Alternative and complementary medicine is as valuable as mainstream medicine

But most alternative and complementary medicines have not been tested in trials as rigorously as 'conventional' medicine. For example, the popular herbal anti-depressant, St John's Wort, has recently been found to cause complications when taken alongside any of five other common medicines. This has only come to light because of extensive testing. Yet the product is freely available without medical advice. The question that needs answering here is, why do you believe alternative medicines and treatments need not be as extensively tested as conventional ones? The fact that they use natural ingredients is not in itself good reason, as there are plenty of naturally occurring toxins. Even if one argues that their long history shows them to be safe, that is not the same as showing them to be effective. This is not to criticise alternative therapies, but to question the different standards which are used to judge them compared to mainstream medicines.

I was thinking along the lines of tribes shamen helping out along side of contemporary medicine to help the individual deal better with their overall feelings of community support. Or if a experimental new drug was being tested but not approved as yet and someone was dying anyway without it, to give that drug to them to see what happenes even if it isn't approved yet.

8. glaucon tending tangentially Registered Senior Member

I'm surprised. I only had a tension quotient of 20.

lol

9. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

I scored a 7, and was supposedly tripped up by the travelling by car question.

10. wynn ˙ Valued Senior Member

I can argue against both objections.

Many questions were such that I didn't fully agree, or agreed with further qualification, but the instruction in those cases was to select the closest option.

11. Me-Ki-Gal Banned Banned

I ghot a 33% . Fuck them they don't know shit . Tension what is that? I don't get stress, I give stress, It is what I do . My middle name . Bridge the Ridge . Any body seen the bridge .

That test is rigged to make you compliant . Them evil bastards are trying to indoctrinate you all . Tell you you are bad little humans that need to change . Fuck them I like who I am and there look out cause I am liking Me more all the time

12. Me-Ki-Gal Banned Banned

dude you got the 27 and I got the 33 . You know what that means . I am pretty sure you don't believe in the unspoken word , but brother there is a whole nother world out there you have not explored .

One day alll you are going to speak swarm if i got to beat it in you with my metal ruler

27 is an elite club bro . Use it and do some beating your self . You were born to do it . Think of the children . You need to do what there Daddy's should of done

13. Repo Man Valued Senior Member

Thirteen percent. My conflicts were over the beliefs that morality is relative, and genocide is a great evil. I don't believe that there is an objective yardstick against which to measure good and evil, but I think there is a consensus among humans that has probably emerged from evolutionary psychology.

And art. Once again, I don't think there is an objective standard to measure whether art is good or bad; but by the standards of most humans, I believe Michelangelo's works would be judged as having good qualities. But surveys such as this are short on shades of grey.

14. Me-Ki-Gal Banned Banned

WEll the Michelangelo kicked you to curb then . What to much Gay hound for you . Tisk tisk to you

O.K. you all consider this . The people that made the test ? What is there industry relent on ? It said they all got together to make the test right ? Am I right ? Did I read that right ? What do they need to get the money they need for there virtuous lives of big houses and electric cars ? Sick minded fuckers maybe? What would you do to try to attacked people that think them selves not sick minded ? Try to convince them they are sick minded after all ? That is what I would do to prop up my business . More customers please . Get the Money

Last edited: Nov 19, 2011
  15. RuneSpider Registered Senior Member

I agreed that morality is subjective, but genocide is evil. I also made the point that so long as it hars none, people should be allowed to do what they want.
    I feel that this idea compliments the idea that morality is relative while feeling genocide is evil.

16. Crunchy Cat F-in' *meow* baby!!! Valued Senior Member

Tension Quotient = 0%

17746 of the 188264 people who have completed this activity also have no tensions in their belief system.

17. wynn ˙ Valued Senior Member

But would you pass the Turing test?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

18. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Tension Quotient = 7%

Questions 2 and 9:
    So long as they do not harm others, individuals should be free to pursue their own ends
    But disagreed that:
    The possession of drugs for personal use should be decriminalised

:shrug:

19. Crunchy Cat F-in' *meow* baby!!! Valued Senior Member

*bzzzt* does not compute.

20. chimpkin C'mon, get happy! Registered Senior Member

I got a 20%

I am ok with that. Or maybe I'm not.

21. Pineal Banned Banned

Interesting. I seem to have rather low tension, which surprises me. Some of the questions made me tense....

I'm not happy saying yes or no to that. I think I said no, because I don't want that law. But then, I hate the way humans overuse technology, energy resources and wish they generally followed that guideline.

and this one
    This isn't affirmative action where one's category was or is dicriminated against, but not necessarily the individual. This is where a specific person is being compensated for, 'discriminate positively' being left to our imagination.

But I liked the general idea of seeing if you have contraditions, which we all do and I would argue must, likely need to.

22. Pineal Banned Banned

LOL. I like the idea of using a test for contradictions test as a way to weed out machines. If they have none, they are machines. Excellent!