Not living with secrets?

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by wynn, Dec 1, 2010.

1. wynn ˙ Valued Senior Member

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Once you tell anyone anything it isn't a secret any longer.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. John99 Banned Banned

Kind of silly, considering no one knows who posted it. May as well be some made up crap that is supposed to be interesting but not like revealing a real secret if it is anonymous...is is? No, it isnt.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Bebelina kospla.com Valued Senior Member

Cute. But with modern technology we can ip-track them all down, anonymity has become a fantasy.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

8. Mike Hawk Registered Member

Scientific methods, ask a question, construct hypothesis, test with experiment, and then draw a conclusion.

Testing, testing, is this thing on?

I met, fell in love, and had an affair with someone from Sciforums.
    We made love for 3 days. It was amazing.
    I’m so glad that our paths crossed, if only for a moment.

Three Days!

Yes, it helped…

9. wynn ˙ Valued Senior Member

At that website, they are said to post snail mail postcards.

10. Bebelina kospla.com Valued Senior Member

There must be fingerprints.

11. SilentLi89 Registered Senior Member

Yes, it must. People love to blab and often tell secrets for selfish reasons. How often have you learned a great deal about a strangers life? I know I do all of the time. Some random guy came up to me yesterday and talked about how his brother has a serious drug problem and threatens to kill their mother... Why did he feel the need to tell me? He didn't even know my name and will probably never see me again, but I listened anyway... because who doesn't like a good story? Getting things off your chest (especially when you don't care about what that other person thinks of you) must make people feel better otherwise they wouldn't do it.

12. Me-Ki-Gal Banned Banned

Yeah People tell Me there life story all the time, but typically it is how bad everyone else is, yet they reveal there own selves by doing so. So you can see there secrets by the things they tell you, or at least you can get a good feel for there character and by this know what they might be capably of doing. It is hard to hide your true feelings when face to face and it is much easier to tell a stranger your problems, although they say we hurt the ones we love. Try not to people for the ones you love the most also love you

13. Me-Ki-Gal Banned Banned

Any one who wants to know my real name has to just ask. It ain't no big secret. Who cares. WE are who we are and that's the fact Jack. I listen to the progressive type activist that think You got to own up to what you say or it should count for nothing in public opinion. I don't agree with that kind of thought my self. For there might be something worthy of consideration in the silent type personality that has been a witness to unjustified actions of daily life, but are afraid of retribution by our mob mentality society . Anonymous is fine with Me .

14. Poochie Guest

Me too.

www youtube.com/watch?v=h0YX6Jgq7Ng&feature=related

15. birch Valued Senior Member

16. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

Those aren't the kind of secrets I was expecting. I was thinking of things like "I told my little girl that her cat ran away, when actually I took him to the shelter because I discovered I was allergic to cats and I didn't feel like spending a couple of years and all the money on allergy therapy."

These things are mostly wistful regrets, things that you bottle up inside and it's just between you and you. Therapists make a living by coaxing these things out of their patients and talking about them. But just typing it on an anonymous website and letting strangers read it is surely, at least in some cases, therapeutic.

I find that just writing down things that are bothering me is helpful, because I discover that the thoughts are often not very well elaborated. Rendering them into actual language forces me to dig deeper into the details and the connections. More often than not it's the first step toward fixing something that's been bugging me.

EFT, the Emotional Freedom Technique, works very much the same way using spoken language instead of written. You repeat the same sentence a few times and you begin to notice how stupid it sounds, so you add more information till it makes more sense, and you talk about how whatever it is affects you. Before you know it, you've got the beginning of a plan to work on it.

Clearly, some of the people who are posting on this "secret" website are going through a similar process.

Many times therapists just sit quietly and let the patient talk, asking good questions occasionally to keep him going.

Looks okay to me! I certainly don't recommend doing it on SciForums. We've got too many members who will by knee-jerk reflex jump right on it with something dismissive or insulting.

Unless you want to do it on purpose and give us an excuse to ban 'em.

17. Rav Valued Senior Member

The only people who can connect a name to an IP address is an ISP and in most countries that I know of it would take a court order for that information to be accessible to anyone else.

Even then, because most people don't have static IP addresses, the connection between the name and the IP address only exists for a specific period of online activity.

18. nietzschefan Thread Killer Valued Senior Member

Uhh...ever heard of packet sniffing?

19. Rav Valued Senior Member

Uhh...ever heard of interpreting comments based on what they were a response to?