Holiday Spending

Discussion in 'Business & Economics' started by superstring01, Nov 27, 2010.

1. superstring01 Moderator

It's that time of year for [most] Western, Christian and Jewish folks.

So, out of curiosity, who are you buying for, what are you spending, where are you spending?

I did most of my shopping at Amazon.com. I hate going into stores, so I preferred to just have the stuff delivered to my address. All told, I'll spend about a grand and a half on my boyfriend, parents the three nieces/nephews that I'm close to and a gift exchange at work.

My dad loves Sambas, so I got him that and the singing Filet-O-Fish from the stupid McDonald's commercials (as a gag gift). For my step mother, I got a white cherub (I give her an angel every year for christmas) and a Pyrex KitchenAid bowl for her mixer (which I never even knew they made until I saw one on the food network).

The boyfriend got pretty much everything on his list, too numerous to name, but including a car stereo, a stupid "Nobel Collection" authentic replica of Voldemort's wand, a laptop case, DroidX dock, a new Xbox controller, Xbox live subscription, the Force Unleashed (is it 2 or 3 that just came out?). A few other items from eBay and Amazon and some cloths that I'll have to force him to wear later on.

My niece got an eReader this year and I gave my step mom my card to get something for the other two who are too young for me to even know what they would want.

The work gift exchange has me stumped. I hate that shit. . . but I feel compelled to be original. I sorta want to either buy the naming rights to a star (which is pretty cheep, 'cause there's sorta a lot of them) or donate money to some charity on top of whatever odd-and-end item I buy for her.

Ahhhh. . . the holidays.

~String

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

I'm donating money and my time to a local homeless shelter to help those people who have lost everything. I will be cooking them food and help to serve them as well. I will be there a few days a week during the seasonto lend a hand at anything that might need doing.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. superstring01 Moderator

That's actually pretty darned cool.

~String

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. superstring01 Moderator

8. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

What am I buying? Mostly food and drink because PB's family all moved to Singapore for work so this is the first year we are by ourselves. For her I bought an Xbox, fable 3 collectors edition, and a gift set of perfume she likes. For my inlaws they are getting a ps3 I got with my new TV. my sister is getting the Wii game Harry Potter, my other sister is getting a bbq and I have no idea about my brother.

Btw string its force unleashed 2