Give Up Sex?

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by darksidZz, Nov 17, 2010.

?

Answer

Poll closed Dec 17, 2010.
  1. Yes

25.0%
  2. No

100.0%
  3. Uncertain

25.0%
  4. Need more!

25.0%
  5. Only if someone else does too.

25.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. darksidZz Valued Senior Member

Vote on how long you'd give up sex and discuss it. Reward would be $20 USD if you last 1 year.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

:roflmao:

dude, i gave it up for 8 years. the reward was not monetary. it was very liberating and enlightening though. it's truly astounding to be able to stand back and take an objective look at just how much sex permeates our lives, behaviors, decisions, and perceptions. when you remove sex as an option, it's truly enlightening to be able to see and value yourself in a different way, and value and relate to other people in a different way, and they to you in a different way. though it is difficult for people to relate to, and so initially they tend to reject the notion. you explain to them you've been celibate for so many years voluntarily, and they don't even look at you like you have two heads, they just dismiss the statement entirely as if you've just said there's a cartoon dragon in the room. over time, if your friends and family get to see or experience your celibacy in action, it eventually sinks in, somewhat.

it makes people uncomfortable and comfortable at the same time and for different reasons. i personally, was very uncomfortable, initially, because i was used to having sex, and my body wanted to have sex. also, because of the initial reactions of the people around me. it's isolating in a way, because not too many people are voluntarily celibate. over time though, those feelings diminished. the comfort came from a barrier breaking down. the consideration of sex and the perceived opportunity of sex changes the way we relate to everyone...men, women, people you do find attractive, people you don't. it places some limits on most relationships. you remove it as a factor altogether, and you're surprised to realize just how much of your thought, energy, and motive is consumed by it.

it initially makes other people uncomfortable just because it's weird, and they have a hard time relating. but eventually do feel the relief of that barrier being broken down between you as well, and appreciate it.

i would recommend voluntary celibacy to anyone as a learning experience.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Gremmie "Happiness is a warm gun" Valued Senior Member

Well Dark...You've had one response to your thread so far, and you're already down $160...congrats...lol

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. NetJaded Registered Member

I'm confused as to the "why?"

Are you saying that a years worth of sex is only worth $20?

Someone should tell sex workers that.

Unless the sex is high risk, I think it is healthier to spend the year having sex.

8. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Perhaps other men didn't want to have sex with you as well. There are women out there that many men wouldn't have sex with for various reasons, attitude and looks are but a few reasons they won't.

9. keith1 Guest

Excuse the pun, but involuntary nocturnal emission would seem to give Dark an escape clause from any bet collections. The inaccuracy of inconclusive data portrayed in the OP, should be enough to invalidate the bet. The closest valid poll responses would then be: "No", "Uncertain", and maybe, "Need more!" -if meant, "Need more!(data)", or the equally valid interpretation, "Need more!(sex)".

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2010
  10. SilentLi89 Registered Senior Member

$20? That's not worth giving up anything. Unless I've already given it up permanently/or just don't do it anyway.

Like I'd give up using curse words for a year for $20.

11. Cowboy My Aim Is True Valued Senior Member

Fuck that!

I wouldn't give up sex for a year for $20. Maybe for a day or two, but that's it. Now, $20 million...

12. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

the longest I've gone without (while in a relationship) is about 2 mths. That was due to pregnancy/childbirth.

13. Kat9Lives Registered Senior Member

simply - NO!

14. brucep Valued Senior Member

You're going to become somewhat celibate soon enough. You don't need to learn how to do this when you're young.