Comedy school - T.V series

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Spud Emperor, Nov 11, 2010.

1. Spud Emperor solanaceous common tater Registered Senior Member

Wow!

I think I just witnessed a cornerstone moment in Comedy.

I know I'm a soft touch for any attempt at funny shit but Wow!, a bunch of English kids doing extremely poignant humour way beyond their years.
    I was stunned at the worldliness and impeccable delivery of these precocious waifs.
    Has anybody else seen this (vain hope, it won't be shown in the U.S), Kremmen? anybody?

Am I the perfect audience or are these kids complete geniuses?

Who is that fresh faced boy who smashes every scene from South African political animal to lawyer extraordinaire and twenty other nailed parts?

I think I just witnessed another incarnation of British comedy running wonderfully rampant.

/humbled

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Spud Emperor solanaceous common tater Registered Senior Member

No.
    No S.A.M it's not. I've seen one or two episodes of GLEE and I don't mind it.

I had a laugh. Didn't really grab me.

What I got from one episode of Comedy School was about a thousand times funnier, You'd like it I'm sure. When the English take the piss out of themselves, when they lampoon their international persona, they do it very well. When you have thirteen year old kids doing humour that the very best of the rest of the world can't replicate or come close to, you have genius.

You know when Michael Jackson sung 'Ben'? And your jaw dropped.

I think that's what I just saw. Well close anyway. They're not in the genius class of MJ but pretty bloody good.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Pinwheel Banned Banned

This is 'School of Comedy' right? Yeah I love it.

8. Spud Emperor solanaceous common tater Registered Senior Member

I doubt it.
    Is it British?

I thought it was called 'Comedy School'. If not, it will be a cheap rip off.

If we're talking about the same thing, yes, join me in the praise.

9. Spud Emperor solanaceous common tater Registered Senior Member

Sorry Pinwhell, I think it is School of Comedy ( trust my local T.V guide to get the name wrong) glad you like it. I laughed and laughed. They did a South African spoof,.. absolutely brilliant!

10. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member