OMG!!! Celebrity Insanity!!!

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Giambattista, Nov 10, 2010.

1. Giambattista sssssssssssssssssssssssss sssss Valued Senior Member

Forgive me for not paying attention, but my memory is dull, like the rest of my two brain cells.
    Who are these "people" again? I put "people" in quotation marks only because I'm guessing they might have done some Great Work before, and may not be mere humans.
    I mean, we know about the benefactor to humanity that is Lindsay Lohan, but what about these women? Have they reached a level on par with Bono and Gore and their tireless efforts to arrest catastrophic atmosphere fluctuation?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Philanthropes: Bono and Al Gore discuss how best to save humanity from itself

Seriously, who the F*** are these, fine ****s, I mean, Kardashians?

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

They entertain others with their great acting abilities and words of wisdom.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Giambattista sssssssssssssssssssssssss sssss Valued Senior Member

Speaking of Cardassian sisters...

I would gladly pay $125.45 to use a Duras Debit Card ANY day!!

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

I'd rather have...

8. Giambattista sssssssssssssssssssssssss sssss Valued Senior Member

You mean they're merely entertainers? Not ambassadors to the world?

Do any of them hold membership in the Council on Foreign Relations? Greenpeace? Log Cabin Republicans?

I don't know if I can't get on board this Kardashian mothership or not.

9. Giambattista sssssssssssssssssssssssss sssss Valued Senior Member

Sans imagination, madame!

10. Giambattista sssssssssssssssssssssssss sssss Valued Senior Member

PLEASE!!! Help me understand the greatness of these newly minted stars and starlets! Demonstrate their ASSets and invaluableness to the populace.

or...

Use this thread to show examples of overrated celebrities and the madness that surrounds them.

It seems that American "culture" has been overrun as of late by personalities that seem to bank totally on 15 minutes of fame. However, through the fractional reserve celebrity system, overnight they can become AAA rated stars. 15 minutes of fame becomes 365 days of fame. It's really weird.

Who are these people? Where does their fame come from? Do any of them actually earn it?
    In fact, it seems like the Hollywood sector is starting to resemble the Washington sector as well as the Wall Street sector. Inflated self-worth and celebrity worship, but no real content.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2010
  11. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

They come from the shadows, they do their "acting" and most of them return to the shadows in a very short period of time. I doubt any of these "actors" on TV today, with the exception of a few, will ever be remembered in 10 years. :itold:

12. Giambattista sssssssssssssssssssssssss sssss Valued Senior Member

I guess, being an outsider, I don't really get any of this. But there's a lot of so called celebrities lately that I haven't got a clue about. And the television shows that supposedly have made them famous I am equally clueless about.

Am I wrong about my assessment of how many of these people have some bit part in a show, and maybe pal around with someone a bit more famous, and you add a little controversy or some drunken escapade, and suddenly the media is all abuzz about them? And that catapults them even higher, to where they suddenly unleash their own personalized credit card?