Topics for things that shouldn't still exist

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by floor13avenger, Nov 8, 2010.

1. floor13avenger Registered Member

Shouldn't Still Exist

Hi everyone. I'm a writer, amateur comedian, philosopher, and have always had a great interest in science and skepticism. Recently I started writing articles for a site entitled "Things that Shouldn't Still Exist." My most recent article is on hatred towards science (which seriously has no right still existing-- particularly in developed nations). Anyhow, I'm always looking for more topics to write about, so if anyone has suggestions, let me know. So far, I've also covered: Racism, Ghost Hunting, Square Dancing, and Circumcision. The site is an odd mix of philosophy and humor (which is necessary when you're an analytical thinker in a world of dubious, frustrating cultural norms).

May rational thought save my sanity.

Jason

thingsthatshouldntstillexist.wordpress.com

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Neddy Bate Valued Senior Member

"Wraps". Those weird, healthy things people are supposed to eat, instead of sandwiches or burritos. Wraps make me nauseous.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Spud Emperor solanaceous common tater Registered Senior Member

Mate!
    You don't write very well, you about as funny as a busload of Germans and we aready dophilosophy here.

Why the fuck would we visit?...because you spent so much time ingratiating yourself here before the plug?

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Pinwheel Banned Banned

God hates science.

8. Pinwheel Banned Banned

The Internet. An epic disaster, its so hard to control the masses when it exists.

9. Pinwheel Banned Banned

This spam thread.

10. floor13avenger Registered Member

I think your irrational hatred for wraps is really funny! That made me laugh out loud a little picturing someone looking at a wrap and nearly vomitting. Thank you for the suggestion and the laugh.

11. floor13avenger Registered Member

Wow, thanks for all the great suggestions Spud Emperor! It's good to know that a racist belting out drunken, poorly constructed sentences isn't my target audience. There are so many nice people who frequent forums, I really should come more often. Now if anyone actually has a good suggestion for a topic I really am interested.

12. Neddy Bate Valued Senior Member

I really needed to express my irrational hatred for wraps !!! lol !!! Thank you.

13. floor13avenger Registered Member

Did the Incredible Hulk just respond to my post? Seriously, I'm looking for suggestions, so if anyone who can write full sentences is interested, please post back.

14. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

floor13avenger:

Welcome to sciforums. All of your threads have been redirected to this one. A couple of points:

This sounds suspiciously like an advertisement for your blog. Our policy here is that we want members to contribute to our site, not redirect people away from it.

Please do not cross-post to several subforums. Choose one in future.

Thankyou.

15. floor13avenger Registered Member

Sorry James R. I'm new to forums and just posted it in the few where I thought it was applicable and that people would have an interest. Thanks for letting me know otherwise. Anyhow, back to getting suggestions from the populace at large. I'd like to hear from you, peoples!

16. Spud Emperor solanaceous common tater Registered Senior Member

Flooravenger, big chance for a sarcastic and humourous retort.

Do you have the goods?

17. Spud Emperor solanaceous common tater Registered Senior Member

Bullshit!

You're bored with forums or have just been booted from another one.

Not new.

18. floor13avenger Registered Member

Wow, why are you so hostile? I thought this was a science forum, the last thing I expected was someone cursing at me out of the blue. Look, if you don't want to make any suggestions for topics, go post somewhere else. I suspect somewhere there's an anger management classroom with one empty seat too many right now. It's probably across from the classroom that teaches full sentences, which is also missing a student...

19. Ophiolite Valued Senior Member

As James R has observed your OP seems somewhat self serving. What, I ask myself, do I get out of it. At present - as far as I can judge, based on comparable threads - you will take whatever novel ideas are offered, use them to enhance your blog, then disappear into the miasma. It's not much of an incentive for anyone to do anything other than trivialise your request.

In short, this is a discussion forum. Can you give some assurance that you are actually here to discuss and not merely leech?

In alphabetical order

American ignorance of alternative English vocabularies
    Astrology
    Cock fighting
    Degrees in media studies
    Feminists who object to having doors held open for them
    Incoherent speech by individuals without brain damage or similar
    Maoists
    Marmite
    Michael Behe
    People who dispute the reality of the moon landing
    Reality TV shows
    Sex and the City
    Teenage angst
    Using the Balfour Treaty as an excuse
    Young Earth creationists

Last edited: Nov 8, 2010
  20. Spud Emperor solanaceous common tater Registered Senior Member

Suggestion; as an amateur comedian, regale us with your wit.

21. floor13avenger Registered Member

Ophiolite: What people get out of answering this thread is a chance to discuss an interesting topic: what things can you think of that shouldn't still exist in this day and age? I offer nothing past that, but it does also give me the chance to be introduced to forums (this one in particular), so I am pleased about that as well. So, to add on what I think is a bit of an unnecessary addendum to this post: People, please only respond if you're interested in your own right. If you're looking for some sort of guaranteed reciprocation other than my thanks, it may not happen. Honestly, I'm a bit surprised to be discussing this at all. I kind of thought this would be a rather simple experience where I ask a question and those who feel like it answer (without getting meta on why should we or why am I asking at all). Lastly, thank you very much for the suggestions. I've already got cockfighting and astrology, but reality TV shows are going on the list.

Spud Emperor: Oh, I guess I should have realized that you wouldn't get all the burns I've been doing on you the whole time as representing my wit. Anyhow, thank you for making me feel so welcome as a new member of this forum.

22. Pinwheel Banned Banned

Blogs should not exist.

23. floor13avenger Registered Member

Then Hulk should SMASH BLOGS! SMASH SMASH SMASH!!