Share your ideas to increase quality of life!

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by historicfuture, Nov 3, 2010.

1. historicfuture Registered Member

I'm researching and trying to discover the most optimal way to live (currently) from the womb to death, with particular attention to how to optimally live once in the adult stage.

So far I have reasoned that a diet of the best quality fruits available, namely oranges juiced and stripped of their unnecessary fiber and the best quality raw eggs, uncooked, will give all the nutrients required by the human body with the least amount of harmful or potentially harmful variables, such as those created by all cooked or prepared foods or foods that have a low energy-giving profile even though they have abundant nutrients like vegetables. The occasional raw fish would have to be consumed despite the danger for the omega fats.

For sleeping positions I've narrowed it down to water beds or hammocks, for their even weight distribution so as to provide the most relaxing sleep, hopefully allowing the body to repair and replenish what it needs to do in the least amount of time, and, when sick, abnormal amounts of sleep might not be needed to combat the illness because the quality of sleep would be optimal.

In the area of exercise I believe just creating and maintaining good posture and regular movement in as many ways as possible is optimal, as a routine only helps your body do that routine easier, the best routine your body should get good at is the one you need to do everyday, but still haven't found what exercise out there gives full body employment besides walking and swimming, and swimming unless near the coast or lake involves pools which have harmful chemicals. Running seems to employ muscles you don't use since there are no predators to run from where walking you will likely always benefit from the exercise.

For clothing, I suppose the lightest possible clothing that accomplishes the task of heat control is optimal, as excess weight can not only cause discomfort and stress when it is not needed, such as during intellectual work (school, office work).

All chemicals such as deodorants, anti persperants, shampoos, and conditioners, soaps, etc seem suboptimal but in the case of dead hair, it does not matter because the hair is not alive and does not affect you, as long as you keep the hair products off the scalp (wash thoroughly) and try not to let the products run over the naked skin as it is absorbent. It's also been shown that once left alone hair does tend to take care of itself with only the application of water, but all of the crap we ingest and the constant stripping of the oils with hair products makes it produce more oil so that once you abruptly stop the hair product routine, your hair is an oily mess.

Shoes are necessary for protection but should mimic the shape of the foot as much as possible, like the new vibram five fingers, if only they were popular. Otherwise, indoors, barefoot is especially optimal.

Optimal air, the liquid we use to survive first and foremost, would be air purified by tree and plant life as much as possible and contaminated by society as least as possible, so by living in a populated area with industrial buildings and tons of cars with their exhaust fumes is hazardous and suboptimal. I am not sure if air conditioners cause hazardous complications but most indoor heating systems do. I haven't researched much on this yet but I would assume solar heated house systems are clean and safe.

Dental habits involving chemicals seem hazardous to me, only the mechanical brushing seems of benefit, and it must be done so as not to cause bleeding or inflammation of the gums. Teeth while important socially are secondary systems so not important enough to dowse yourself with chemicals.

Computers are also health risks, as are tvs and cellphones, but their benefits may outweigh the potentially shortened lifespan and quality of life.

By now you should be getting the underlying idea for optimal quality of life - the least amount of stress at the right times coupled with the perfect balance of necessary stress at the right times leads for the most easily managed but enjoyable life. Obviously a completely stress free life would mean your body would shrivel like the legs of a person in a wheel chair, stress is necessary but only if you keep it under the 'inflammation' point as I call it. Technology while harmful in many areas can also help us accomplish stress control in fascinating and extremely efficient ways, such as keeping us warm or cool in the harsh climates away from our natural habitat, or keeping the soles of our feet safe from sharp objects, even if these technological advances compromise some small benefits of having our feet being able to breath, getting all their tiny muscles worked out by being barefoot and the harmful chemicals from heating systems. Ways to minimize all of these drawbacks are what I'm interested in.

I know there are plenty of ingenious ideas out there already to solve these problems but I can't find them all by Googling by myself so I ask you all to help me, share the ideas you've discovered or maybe ones you can come up with to solve any small efficiency problem - like the solar heating to solve the heating problem, or the vibram five finger shoes to solve the problem of normal shoes (somewhat). Perhaps there is a better solution out there than hammocks or water beds. Perhaps you think that a high powered water pik is better than a tooth brush because it requires less abrasive damage to the gums and gets more plaque out, which causes stress to the mouth if left behind. There is literally thousands of ideas out there to improve our lifestyle, and this seems like the place where all of those nerdy little ideas lurk inside the minds of the members, so come together and share them all in one place, so that we may all benefit!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Pinwheel Banned Banned

"unnecessary fiber"? I thought fiber was considered good for your digestion.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. historicfuture Registered Member

I guess it is if you are in the habit of ingesting crap like cheeseburgers. But there is absolutely no need for it to my knowledge (atleast in any substantial amount) if you only eat fruits and raw eggs/fish. If you really think you need it though by all means eat it, we are designed to handle it, but to me it is just filler. It's also worth noting that high RPM juicers somewhat 'cook' the orange juice and diminish the quality, so I manual press.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

I would think that where you live is a critical factor as to how you live. In many ares there is still no potable water, electricity or sanitary conditions. Once those conditions are met then you can start to talk about quality of living for you need those things to begin with. Over 80 percent of the worlds population has no potable water , did you know that? That in itself leads to many diseases and other problems just to survive.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2010
  8. historicfuture Registered Member

yes of course.. and some people dont even have to get their water from a faucet, they have butlers that do it for them and sometimes even put the straw up to their lips, it's only through invention that you can truly help the entire population of the world. take for instance solar energy, there's enough solar energy from the sun that his the surface of the earth in a 24 hour period to power the entire human world for something like a thousand years or something (forgot, maybe it's more), so harnessing that sooner than later means it gets cheaper sooner than later, and able to be introduced to the poorer communities. Of course in the rich areas you're going to have the latest and greatest tech, and in the middle you have the average tech. So what's the fastest way to progress technologically? Well you have to have inventors, and the best people form any profession tend to come from the healthiest minds and bodies, which is what this post is about - discovering and inventing the best possible method to create and maintain a healthy and optimal mind and body for whatever you plan to use it for. I also theorize that once privileged humans stop living the drug junkie life equivelant of cheeseburgers fast food and nutcase diets like atkins or whatever is hot now they might grow a pair (hemispheres of the brain) and realize that overpopulation is a real problem, and distribution of wealth is a problem that stems from lack of initiative not greed, since greed in inherent in humans and can't be killed (if one weed survives, the whole garden eventually succumbs to it, so perhaps it's time for a new garden climate in which weeds can't survive but other plants can)

9. Spud Emperor solanaceous common tater Registered Senior Member

Simplicity.
    Lots of sex, lots of beer, lots of humour.

That's it. Works for me.
    Doesn't mean I don't have my serious side but a strong undercurrent of these factors is a good base.

10. historicfuture Registered Member

problem is beer is stressful to the body
    humour is great even on a serious side because humour itself works on the basis of opening up a perspective you didn't take into account (punchline)
    sex is great too but can also be stressful if you do it too much too fast

while that's a great easy way to look at it the point is to look at it more intensely than the average joe in this post

11. Spud Emperor solanaceous common tater Registered Senior Member

Eating seaweed, fresh and in small quantities is excellent.
    Connecting with nature.
    Taking some calculated risks.
    Dancing.
    Swimming (swimming in the ocean) this is a big one.

Beer is OK, not drinking beer would be more stressful to me than not drinking beer (seriously).

12. historicfuture Registered Member

Eating seaweed, fresh and in small quantities is excellent.
    Connecting with nature.
    Taking some calculated risks.
    Dancing.
    Swimming (swimming in the ocean) this is a big one.

Beer is OK, not drinking beer would be more stressful to me than not drinking beer (seriously).

are you sure seaweed doesn't have high risks

I understand the beer releases stress thing but there's other ways like sex and humor you mentioned..

by the way the diet I suggested (the one I've been on) makes me feel light and buzzed, although I don't have more confidence

13. Pinwheel Banned Banned

Avoid having children, they strain your body.

14. historicfuture Registered Member

kind of neccesary dont you think?

15. Pinwheel Banned Banned

Solution: find a surrogate.

16. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

You could adopt a child instead of having one of your own.

17. Pinwheel Banned Banned

How are you controlling the quality of these raw eggs. Do you control the hens quality of food as well?

18. historicfuture Registered Member

not having your own child means your specific genetic line stops - so to me that's the ultimate comprimise and since I'm a guy doesn't effect me negatively any way. Also gives a major motivating force in many cases so who knows could actually act like sex itself, giving more benefits than drawbacks.

Besides the eggs my girlfriend gives me from her hens, which are the best quality possible, I either buy free range eggs which are more expensive or the regular ones if the free range eggs aren't fresh (being bought rapidly).

19. kutthanand Registered Senior Member

cool...

I think the numbers are something like, one egg in about 20K/30K contains Salmonella. When will you hit the jackpot?

The shoes you like Aren't Popular? Gee, too bad, then. I wonder what else you don't/do like, based on who-knows-what reasoning?

I see your handle... Future-and-past-in-one. That's neat.
    And what about, Now? (since that is the only time it ever really is, you know).
    What do you know about this strange subject of Now?
    What do you know about your breath? I didn't see it mentioned... Is it unimportant in your overall scheme?

So, you are trying to take some care, which is a good thing, no doubt.

Caring for the mechanical systems... Even even these are changing no matter how much care you give. There is no ultimate satisfaction in constant change. Sleep well now, but when you are sixty, it may be a different story...

What care is provided for, especially, your inner and overall happiness?
    How will you care for your feelings? Mind is one thing. Our senses and feeling, quite another. What of the universal hunger and need for inner peace and satisfaction? Mind is one thing. Heart (not the pumper), is quite another.

Will you eschew the thousand/million things which contribute to stress? I count at least a few: TV, movies, internet, traffic, crowds, "news" of all kinds, fools and neighbors, politicians, horses, relatives, most medicines, fast foods, too much or too little money, wild imaginary impossible ideas and all kinds of modern, new-fangled gadgets and general weirdness? Will you be able to control everything? And what of time? Who is really in control, eh?

If you look into the life of Siddhartha Gautama, who came to be known as Buddha, you will learn that his father tried to keep him "safe" inside the palace; never allowed to see the little "irregularities" in life. Finally, on a trip outside the palace grounds, Siddhartha freaked out when he finally saw people in want, aged, crippled, hungry, diseased and miserable and happy as well.... all the conditions and possibilities found in living a real life in a real world.
    He left his perfectly prepared situation behind forever.

He didn't have perfect clothes or dental care or shoes or a condominium in South Beach or a great diet and essential vitamins or anything, but he worked and struggled with the real problems-as it is-and still came out ok.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2010
  20. historicfuture Registered Member

your stomach adapts to the salmonella when consuming so many raw eggs for so long. I said stress is necessary perhaps you should read I just try to minimize the kind that is overdoing it.

21. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Less is more. That's a very good way to live life as well. Try to keep your wants very limited and only get what is needed. Be helpful to others as well for you never know when you will need someone elses help.

22. Emil Valued Senior Member

To remove from my life as much as possible,the number of people who
    mix in my life and who tell me how to live my own life.

23. historicfuture Registered Member

any body got any tangible applications like things to improve sleep or best way to regain proper posture etc