tone and body language..

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by NMSquirrel, Oct 17, 2010.

1. NMSquirrel OCD ADHD THC IMO UR12 Valued Senior Member

from another thread..
    which brings up the question of how much our tone and body language communicates..

i think for the most part..this hinders communication as it addresses an emotional content to our communication..but there are many times it enhances the communication..(confused yet?)

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. visceral_instinct Monkey see, monkey denigrate Valued Senior Member

I often find that my body language sends the wrong signals. I'm told I have this zoned out and highly aggressive look about me like I am out hunting...I'm usually just deep in thought. Not that I don't have a volatile temper on me, lol.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. drew21close Registered Member

I really believe that tone plays a very vital role in communication because it creates and atmosphere for the conversation. whether your angry or happy.
    As well as body language, people can communicate just by body language without even words coming out the mouth.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

With the advant of Skype, you can discuss face to face now over the internet very easily.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...gNX_DQ&usg=AFQjCNEjU2uMQ7s_F-KCIcHFDCwDRow6JA

Calling other people on Skype is free so you can talk whenever you want to – not just on special occasions. Call to check in with mum when you’re travelling, give your partner a goodnight kiss via video call when they’re away on business, or use it for your regular calls and catch ups. And, if you know people who don’t use Skype you can call them too at really low rates.