What exactley are we trying to achieve??

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by Agent@5, Aug 27, 2002.

1. Agent@5 Registered Senior Member

It makes me so sad and angry when almost every night, without fail, I hear that a child has been abused, or someone has been raped or someone had been murdered.... im sure it does the same for you... but then, you know, this has been going throughout human existence. And where exactley are we getting with trying to stop it all? Is it something that we can indeed stop? or is their a human condition that makes one inevitabley a murderer, a pedophile, a rapist.... why do resist accpeted human social practises?... After all, they are people. They were born a human, how responsible are they for their actions if actions are supposedly determined by your genetics.... of course mixed with social conditioning... but really, after all these millions of years, we still have no answer

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Adam §Þ@ç€ MØnk€¥ Registered Senior Member

I shall rule the world with an iron fist, and the little people will be too afraid to commit crimes...

A Clockwork Orange asked this question. Which is better:
    A) Freedom to do anything, and just hoping people will be good?
    or
    B) Ruthlessly enforcing civil behaviour?

I always say A, but sometimes I wish I was the one who could enforce B.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. ripleofdeath Registered Senior Member

heyya all

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

yo Agent@5...
    i am sorry to be the one to tell you this ... BUT ...
    the western culture is soo engineered that we can not afford not to have rapists murders and pedophiles, ... fraudsters crime, fires, earthquaks and so on!
    it is designed like that!

how many people would be out of work if all at once we had
    NO CRIME AT ALL???

hundreds?
    thousands??
    hundreds of thousands???

and what would they eat?... with no (mo) money to buy food with?
    just think of all the worlds agencies that rely on crime to give them a job!

its one of the only ways to get some of the selfish wealthy people to depart with their money!

FEAR of REAL crime.

groove on all
    peace light
    truth love

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. tomzyk Registered Member

ripleofdeath, what kind of attitude is that?
    Now corporal punishment! I'm all for it! You steal from me, you DIE!!!

Lately, some punk in my neighborhood has been pillaging the vehicles of our area. This criminal is surviving on the bounty of his exploits, be it cash, stereos, or anything else worth the taking. (I already had over $2,000 worth of electrical equipment stolen from my Jeep last summer. I never leave anything more than a couple dollars in change in there now. And apparently car alarms do nothing more than annoy neightbors/co-workers anymore.)

People like this live off of committing crimes. . . and then go back home, collect their welfare (AGAIN, my money via the govt), and have another illigitimate baby or two (from teenage girls) who's kids all grow up the same way because they don't know how to survive without committing crimes. AND, since they're having so many babies at such young ages, their population is increasing faster than, say your average yuppie (the people who's sh!^ is getting stolen). All this is going to lead to is more and more crime in the future.

In closing: kill all who commit a crime (except me of course

)! Prevent the criminal population explosion! (or explode the criminal population?:bugeye: ) Keep the money in the hands of the wealthy and elite! Burn all foodstamps! Save the dolphins!

Thank you for your time.

8. p_ete2001 Registered Senior Member

r u joking??
    what about c) ?? Freedom to do anything, and just hoping people will be good but then puiish the people who have been proven to be bad!? sounds good to me.

9. beth Registered Senior Member

don't give up hope

A person is a single unit born into life a free agent; one with the ability to make choices and shape a destiny. A murderer is completely responsible for their actions. Exterior forces may influence a person into feeling obligated to commit an act, but when it comes down to the moment, it is the murderer's hand that holds the knife, that peirces the flesh of the victim.

I plea with the people of this world not to give up hope. Evil would run rampid in the world if nothing was done to try and contain it. The cycle of unchecked ambition is never ending, so should peoples desire to do better be the same. Lets not destroy ourselves passiveness. Choose to be strong. Choose to wake up every morning and keep fighting. For the good of humanity and the chancethat someday, we might change the world.

10. Nebula Occasionally Frequent Registered Senior Member

p_ete2001

This is contradictory. How can you be "free to do anything" and yet still be punished for things that "have been proven to be bad?" The statement "free to do anything" implies the latter "without consequence".

Another thing, who "proves" things to be bad? One of the problems with the idea of law enforcement is that the very laws governing our behaviour are subjective. A simple example: marijuana. There are people out there who "know" that it is wrong and people who equally "know" that it isn't.

Beth, again, I urge you to watch "A Clockwork Orange". Try to stomach the rape scenes, or fast forward them. I think when you are done you will have found a lot more subject matter with which to found the principles you have just outlined. You know that it's my favorite movie

BTW, Audrey, I'm Kyle

11. Thor "Pfft, Rebel scum!" Valued Senior Member

ripleofdeath has a very realistic attitude towards this. Even though governments are against crime, it is also one of their main sources of income ie Taxes for police.

There will always be crime, you cannot stop crime. I say give every police officer a gun and get the army to patrol the streets.

That would be funny, a guy snatches an old womans purse and this soldier steps out in front of him with an M16 pointed at the perps head. See the urine flow

12. *stRgrL* Kicks ass Valued Senior Member

It doesnt matter what "sickness" or "condition" that you have, you still know what your doing and your responsible for your actions. Okay, take a pedophile - I can understand that the person gets a "high" or feels that he must do this to get off, but he is still born with something else called "reason" and it is up to him to try to get help.
    And it bugs me with this "how responsible can they really be if they were determined by your genetics"... If your genetics have cancer in them, then a reasonable person would probably stay away for carcigens, right? Or alcholism runs in your family, so you would probably want to stay out of bars. If a person knows that he/she is attracted to little children, stay the hell away from schools and malls and parks. Stay in the friggin house and eat canned foods all day - whatever it takes to keep you from harming another person.
    In my opinion they should take these pedophiles, child rapists and murders and take them out and be shot. Because face it, if they really are "sick" they will keep doing it and doing it and doing it. Sick bastards!

*Star grumbles something to herself and walks out looking for her shotgun*

13. Nasor Valued Senior Member

Are you kidding? Crime is a huge drain on government resources, both in money spent on lawenforcement and damage to the economy.
    You obviously don't live in the United States

14. ripleofdeath Registered Senior Member

heyya all

yo thor...
    thanks for the support

you have outlined another huge economy of ignorance...
    the military!
    imagine if there were no people that wanted to invade another country!... along with people who did not commit crime...
    along with the people who tell us not to commit crime while creating it!

what would all those silly peasants do with all their savings accounts???

how on earth would all the "greed merchants" get their grubby little fat over fed ego centric family disfunctional child abusing
    anti community kicks if they had no one to rip-off?

anyone who employes a person to be a mother or gives their child away for adoption (who has willingly got pregnant)
    should be taken out and shot!!!
    where are the mothers of the children who are being raped???
    answer that *stRgrl*,
    befor you hang all the insane(criminals) people!
    CRIME is a mental illnes which is exploited by the rich!!!

but these are theorys based on truth by example not what sounds good or bad, so think carefully before you attempt to rite all the wrongs by pointing the finger at someone who may not understand what IS rite or wrong!

the balance of knoledge swings in many directions in many varietys of spin.

and where is the answer you might ask?
    well it depends on whether you are willing to make the effort to change?!?!?!?!
    most are too lazzy!

look to philosophy and the fact that things like that along with medical svcience is considered an ART rather than a science!
    it is the underlying flaw!
    but i know this is pearls to swine and hemlock to learned,
    as much as it is a mad man ranting

but there has to be something left in this world that hasnt been poisened yet!
    im just sick of trying to find it!

peace light
    truth love
    the path to that which we hold above.
    (*sorry for typOs)