Intelligence Men vs Women,smooth mode.

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by deicider, Oct 9, 2010.

1. deicider got omnicidead Registered Senior Member

Ok,i want the women of this forum not to be upset or anything,cause when i tried to ask that question to women they abandoned all logic and reason and started bashing me with no questions or arguments cause it was insulting.
    Well,insulting isn't if something is true,for the one that knows the truth.

When i say intelligence i mean abstract reasoning,innovative thinking,out of the box,logical thinking,pattern recognizing etc.

That is the definition of intelligence most accepted by scientists so far i've read.
    In fact, all our technologies ,from physics to medical are based on that kind of intelligence, even most of the Arts and almost the whole Philosophy since the dawn of homo sapiens,none can argue that cause..well,its everywhere written,told and known by both genders.

Thats not a question to me,i was just shocked from their reaction,i know that if you call someone stupid they will get man but if you call someone stupid using common sense they will...?deny it?

In my case ofc i didn't called them stupid ,only that men are more capable on logical thinking,abstract thinking etc than women.

What is your opinion on this?
    You agree? disagree? and why.
    Lets this be done in peace.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. birch Valued Senior Member

women's traditional role was as receptive, conformists, caretakers and homemakers, so not much opportunity or need for lots of abstract thought or creativity outside of this area. of course, this is just a generalization and women also get their genes from their fathers too.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. deicider got omnicidead Registered Senior Member

Yes it is widely known,and yes they get the genes,but their brain structure is significantly different and the way they process information.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. visceral_instinct Monkey see, monkey denigrate Valued Senior Member

Just read Delusions of Gender by Cordelia Fine. I'm too lazy to type up a long post at the moment.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

8. adoucette Caca Occurs Valued Senior Member

Any definition of intelligence that results in Women being rated as less intelligent then Men is simply an inadequate definition of intelligence.

You might consider that in most societies, Women do most of the work of educating the young.

Arthur

9. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Sexual differences in the manner of cognition and in elements of cognition are well-established.

Innate? Possibly. Possibly not. However, sexual differences occur in virtually every trait conceivable. The neural sympathetic system is certainly wired differently. Then again, maybe variance in cognition swamps the mean. I wouldn't be surprised either way.

10. Bebelina kospla.com Valued Senior Member

I don't really see the point of this topic.

Why are men so needy to state their intelligence? And think they are doing so by just calling others stupid.

See the pattern?

11. PsychoTropicPuppy Bittersweet life? Valued Senior Member

Men are more capable in logical, and abstract thinking? What? I never heard about this.

12. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Women throughout history have been suppressed and weren't allowed the same

education as men and many times not even allowed an education. So when

men suppress women it will only hold true that women won't seem to be

achieving the same things as men can do and look like they are "different" .

Now that is changing and during the last century women are receiving better

education in many countries and are showing that they can compete in

a "mans" world very easily. However they still are discriminated against by

getting lower pay, not seen as equal and other things men want to enforce

upon them.

13. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Also, they whine a lot.

OK, ok: j/k. As if it needed to be said.

As for ability, the claim to total IQ for one sex or another is total crap. Environment plays such an overriding role, given that we're so environmentally distant from our "natural state" (if we can even be said to have one any longer), that it's impossible to measure anyway, unless you wanted to raise humans to throw spears and gather berries etc. But if you were going to argue sexual differences in some processes of cognition, this might well be true. All that "exploding memes" stuff is partial shit; gender differences in behaviour, physiology, morphology and overall life-history in non-human taxa are irrefutable; rat models of human . No reason to think it wouldn't also be true in humans. But I think that even while processes might differ, total functional intelligence would be similar anyway: what net evolutionary advantage could possibly exist from having one sex dumber than the other? Unlikely.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2010
  14. WillNever Valued Senior Member

Also, they were denied the ability to seek formal education for up until the previous century. So if women seem less "intelligent" than men, it's because men wanted that to be so.

15. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Also true.

16. NetJaded Registered Member

Women are just as intelligent as men. The confusion comes in (on both sides) because what motivates a woman is different from what motivates a man.

Most men make decisions based on facts and logic. Most women make decisions based on emotion. It does not mean that they do not have the ability to grasp the facts, just that the facts are not as important as their feelings.

Women make decisions based on what feels right.

Men make decisions based on what is logical.

Neither is right or wrong, they just have a different motivation/priority.

17. birch Valued Senior Member

^men also make decisions and judgements based on feelings/emotions. they just may be better at trying to rationalize them or make it seem as though their opinions or actions are rational. we all have feelings though for a reason. it's how it's applied and realizing the causes and roots of where those emotions arise from to make a better informed decision is best.

18. NetJaded Registered Member

^I agree, it's just been my observation that women (often) place a higher priority on feelings and men on logic when making decisions.

19. adoucette Caca Occurs Valued Senior Member

Source?

Certainly doesn't jibe with my experience.

Arthur

20. Big Chiller Registered Senior Member

I don't think so that doesn't seem to be the case, I only see differences of gender.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2010
  21. NMSquirrel OCD ADHD THC IMO UR12 Valued Senior Member

emotional content is always changing..it is not a fixed target so to speak..
    so yes..in that respect women are smarter (there are exceptions)
    studies have been done that state men are better at spatial recognition than women...(again exceptions are not the average)

but we can go back and forth all day at what men are better at and what women are better at..so overall..no there is no difference in intelligence..but get specific and the battle is on..and we are talking about the average and not the exceptions as both men and women can fail in their respective strengths..

22. Trooper Secular Sanity Valued Senior Member

There’s a big connection between cognitive abilities and sex hormones. When synthetic hormones are administered many of the effects and differences can be attributed to the hormones. Men are definitely more competitive, but that drive can also cause them to make more mistakes. Men usually make more money because they choose jobs that involve greater risks than women do. We are different and that’s all.

Besides, even if we thought we were smarter than men, we wouldn’t be dumb enough to say so.
    More to the point, we want men to be competitive because after all, they help to prolong our survival.

Whoops! I accidently inserted this link.
    Sorry! I guess, I am a dumb woman. I can't figure out how to remove it.

23. Kat9Lives Registered Senior Member

hehe..