Why all teachers love Freuid?

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Shadow1, Sep 22, 2010.

1. Shadow1 Valued Senior Member

why do they all love him? they always use some of he's sayings, i mean, they say, Freid said, and etc.. and they are so good at sicology, well, not all of them, but, alot of them, i'm talking about secondary hight school teachers

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. fedr808 1100101 Valued Senior Member

Stop being lazy shadow and look him up.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Shadow1 Valued Senior Member

i know who he is

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Freud's fundamental importance

Psychology, when taught at the high school level, is a strictly introductory course. Freud is the founder of modern psychology, and while his theories have moved in and out of favor according to circumstance and perspective, when we strip away the nineteenth-century vestments and examine the inner workings of basic Freudianism, it's still solid. Many psychologists defer to a more modern adaptation, Paul MacLean's "triune brain". Much of the important psychotherapeutic literature of the late twentieth century tracks back to the development of object relations theory by Melanie Klein and Ronald Fairbairn, among others, and the developmental theories of Jean Piaget. If you delve deeply enough into university archives, there are some incredibly creative and compelling interweavings of object relations, developmental psychology, and triune theory.

Much of that work is applicable to Freudian mechanisms, as well, if one is is capable of reading through the Victorian etiology and symptomatology to reintegrate the fundamental components in modern terms.

Freudianism in the twenty-first century promises to be raw and fascinating; we may be witnessing the late stages of a broader sociopsychological cycle that will validate Freud according to Norman O. Brown's recapitulation:

... it is a Freudian theorem that each individual neurosis is not static but dynamic. It is a historical process with its own internal logic. Because of the basically unsatisfactory nature of the neurotic compromise, tension between the repressed and repressing factors persists and produces a constant series of new symptom-formations. And the series of symptom-formations is not a shapeless series of mere changes; it exhibits a regressive pattern, which Freud calls the slow return of the repressed, "It is a law of neurotic diseases that these obsessive acts serve the impulse more and more and come nearer and nearer the original and forbidden act." The doctrine of the universal neurosis of mankind, if we take it seriously, therefore compels us to entertain the hypothesis that the pattern of history exhibits a dialectic not hitherto recognized by historians, the dialectic of neurosis.

Notes:

Brown, Norman O. Life Against Death: The Psychoanalytic Meaning of History. Middletown: Wesleyan University Press, 1959.

8. FreshHat Registered Senior Member

Which one, Freid or Freuid?

9. Shadow1 Valued Senior Member

a sicologist

10. Shadow1 Valued Senior Member

@Tiassa, thanks for the reperesentation, but my arabic teache, already told us about him, hehehe, i think she'ss in love with him

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

11. domesticated om Stickler for details Valued Senior Member

My mind is drawing a blank when I attempt to think of other words that use three consecutive vowels. I know there out there though.

12. Gremmie "Happiness is a warm gun" Valued Senior Member

There are several actually... Words like cautious, or others with "iou"

But, I know "Freuid" got you...lol

13. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Takes One To Know One: Or, why Freud understood weird people

Well, I think she probably likes the idea of him more than she would the actual person. He was ... let's just say he was a strange one.

An entertaining overview of Freud:

The Mark Steel Lectures—Sigmund Freud

YouTube (1/3)
    YouTube (2/3)
    YouTube (3/3)